Massive Party Saturday May 19th -cancelled

Postby skidston on Thu 3/May/07 11:29am

Yeah i'm posting this everywhere - trying to get as much exposure as possible...

There's going to be a big-ol' shindig on Saturday May the 19th. It's a being put on by VUW as an oppurtunity for clubs to raise much needed cash. Clubs get a percentage of their ticket sales, so help the VUW Bike club out and have a great time!

Blair Street (off Courtney Place) is being closed off, and 3000 people are going to party the night away. There's going to be bands, including Jordan Luck (Exponents former front man), and the FA cup final and Super 14 cup final will be screened, and these 3 things together have inspired the name "Threesome on Blair Street". Ticket price also includes a free meal and free drink, as well as drinks specials all night long.

A ticket is 20 bucks - pittance for admission to one of the biggest parties wellington will see this year. Hopefully we can arrange pickup, but if need be i will post it to you.

PM me or email vuwbike[at]gmail.com if you're interested.

You don't have to be a student.

If you're interested, the plan for the money is to try and start a bike workshop at VUW. Members (again, you don't have to be a student) will have free access to the workshop, and if successful it will not only form the hub of a cycle community, but also go some way towards cycle advocacy on campus.

Cheers, Joe
Last edited by skidston on Mon 14/May/07 12:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
skidston
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby cmdr_keen on Tue 8/May/07 8:35pm

I should be keen, do i just get em from you joe?
cmdr_keen
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby skidston on Wed 9/May/07 3:04pm

Yeah haven't quite worked out a process yet. I'll probably get money off pete (the treasurer), get some tickets. and we'll work it out from there...
skidston

Postby skidston on Mon 14/May/07 12:03pm

Apparently the noise police have decided that it no one is allowed to have fun any more, and so have shut it down.

Anyone fancy going out for a few beers anyway?
skidston

Postby cmdr_keen on Mon 14/May/07 12:32pm

wow thats stink of them, perhaps if youre in town early, but im going to a party in northland that night now.
cmdr_keen
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Clubs | Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Victoria University MTB Club | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts