Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby Scotty on Sat 3/May/14 8:15pm

jo wrote:Honey is also most excellent with peanut butter on toast.






Just wanted to lower the informative:useless ratio of this thread. :paranoid:

Honey and cheese.

You heard me. It's delish.
Scotty
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby jo on Sat 3/May/14 8:53pm

Oh yeah. I used to eat that all the time!
jo
User avatar
"Windy"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby ryda on Sat 3/May/14 9:42pm

znomit wrote:Make sure your Manuka dealer is legit. There's a lot of fakes around. Also make sure it's 100% honey too as a lot of it gets cut with sugar.
Has it been tested as safe..... :paranoid:
ryda
User avatar
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby Simonius_Titius on Sat 3/May/14 11:44pm

Purple_Helmet wrote:I would like to punch Comvita in the face for trebling the price of manuka honey, and every other manufacturer that followed suit. Bastards.


The invisible hand of the market moved the prices. If Comvita didn't respond to the increased global demand the stock would all be bulk-bought by scalpers before you got a look at it.

The price is slightly cheaper in the UK, as would be expected due to their volume of sales. Also the main Comvita product I checked was out of stock on the NZ website.

The days of spreading manuka honey on toast are drawing to a close. Now it is just for spreading on gravel rash and crotch rot.
Simonius_Titius
User avatar
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby znomit on Sun 4/May/14 9:19am

ryda wrote:
znomit wrote:Make sure your Manuka dealer is legit. There's a lot of fakes around. Also make sure it's 100% honey too as a lot of it gets cut with sugar.
Has it been tested as safe..... :paranoid:

Bee colonies are dying out worldwide.
MAYBE ITS THE HONEY THATS KILLING THEM. :blink:
znomit
User avatar
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby Conners on Sun 4/May/14 2:13pm

:lol:
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby CrashTestDummy on Sun 4/May/14 4:51pm

Simonius_Titius wrote:
Purple_Helmet wrote:I would like to punch Comvita in the face for trebling the price of manuka honey, and every other manufacturer that followed suit. Bastards.


The invisible hand of the market moved the prices. If Comvita didn't respond to the increased global demand the stock would all be bulk-bought by scalpers before you got a look at it.

The price is slightly cheaper in the UK, as would be expected due to their volume of sales. Also the main Comvita product I checked was out of stock on the NZ website.

The days of spreading manuka honey on toast are drawing to a close. Now it is just for spreading on gravel rash and crotch rot.


Probably cheaper in the UK also as we pay GST on food, where in the UK they don't.
CrashTestDummy
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby CrustyMTB on Sun 4/May/14 6:50pm

Scotty wrote:
jo wrote:Honey is also most excellent with peanut butter on toast.






Just wanted to lower the informative:useless ratio of this thread. :paranoid:

Honey and cheese.

You heard me. It's delish.
you expecting bro?
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby Scotty on Sun 4/May/14 7:10pm

I also do marmite and apple. :love:
Scotty
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby Trail on Sun 4/May/14 10:23pm

CrashTestDummy wrote:
Probably cheaper in the UK also as we pay GST on food, where in the UK they don't.


but have to pay VAT...
Trail
User avatar
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby Oli on Mon 5/May/14 12:01am

Most food is exempt from VAT.
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby phunk on Mon 5/May/14 10:00am

Simonius_Titius wrote:The invisible hand of the market moved the prices.


Eh? There is no such thing as an "invisible hand of the market". Markets work via visible price signals.
phunk
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby lubie on Mon 5/May/14 10:07am

Trail wrote:I have no idea what "moderate dilution" is.

Don't go homeopathic, yo.
lubie
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby thorg on Mon 5/May/14 10:19am

phunk wrote:
Simonius_Titius wrote:The invisible hand of the market moved the prices.


Eh? There is no such thing as an "invisible hand of the market". Markets work via visible price signals.
stop trying to destroy dogma with fact. You can't win.
thorg
User avatar
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Re: Manuka Honey: A Question About The Good Bits

Postby CrustyMTB on Mon 5/May/14 10:56am

The real question is what happens when you rub Manuka honey on your good bits? :eh:
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Health | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

59 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], oldandlazy and 54 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle