Travis - Hit or Shit?

Hit
33%
Shit
28%
Travis????
39%

Total voters : 18

Manitou Travis Triple Intrinsic - Hit Or Shit?

Postby r_s on Fri 23/Jun/06 4:22pm

Ive been hearing good things about the Travis this season but im wanting to know are they what people say they are? To what Ive heard Manitou dont have the best wrap sheet when it comes down to there forks. I'm wanting to build up a DH Bike but will be doing some Freeride aswell. I'd love to try out The Travis but i dont wanna be forking out moola to get them constantly serviced. Ive had a breif ride on a bike with the Single Clamp 180mm Travis fork and it felt very nice but it brand new and hadn't done any racing...

Cheers Sam
r_s
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Reuben on Fri 23/Jun/06 4:49pm

don't think anyone will have personal experience with these yet buddy :(
Reuben
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby r_s on Fri 23/Jun/06 4:54pm

(sigh).....I know there new but some one out there must have a pair
r_s
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Andy01 on Fri 23/Jun/06 5:02pm

manitou still haven't got it right

from voq and craig there a beut fork but theyve blown a pair, which certainaly shouldn't and and the
internals have crapped out from what he said
Andy01
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby Dougal on Fri 23/Jun/06 5:46pm

rowley_sam wrote: (sigh).....I know there new but some one out there must have a pair

I don't think they've been properly released yet.

Would you rather wait for a product to come out properly tested, or would you rather pay hard earned money to experience test problems first hand?
Dougal
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby NightKid on Wed 5/Jul/06 1:49pm

The intrinsic damping system is the biggest upgrade in their new forks. There are ofcourse some other changes with the Travis forks, the bushes/seals/shim-stack configuration, but they are probably not as relevant as the change from SPV's air-sprung valve unit.

I find it wierd that 14 people have voted, and Sportspro haven't shipped any out to any of the bike stores yet.
Intrinsic-vs-SPV.jpg
NightKid
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts