Calendar Event: December 11, 2011

Re: Makara Peak Enduro Dh Race

Postby Owen on Tue 13/Dec/11 9:19am

Maybe something was lost in translation while Karl was carving times into his clipboard with a knife :D
Owen
Member for: 17 years 11 months

Re: Makara Peak Enduro Dh Race

Postby Malcy on Tue 13/Dec/11 10:42am

Conners wrote:* because afterall, statistics is a kind of magic. Perhaps more smoke and mirrors than actual magic though.


:withstupid:
Malcy
User avatar
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Re: Makara Peak Enduro Dh Race

Postby scatter on Tue 13/Dec/11 10:48am

Conners wrote:* because afterall, statistics is a kind of magic. Perhaps more smoke and mirrors than actual magic though.


:lol:
Conversations with our biometrician make me go :blink:
scatter
User avatar
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Re: Makara Peak Enduro Dh Race

Postby one_uknw on Tue 13/Dec/11 11:34am

SlackBoy wrote:
jo wrote:
AJK wrote:I may well be tempted to run something similar again in the future. If anyone has any suggestions for how the format could be improved, I'd be keen to hear them.

I have no suggestions. Had a great time. Mad props to the organisers, the sponsor Bike Barn, and the volunteers. :thumbsup:
ditto, i thought it was awesome. And even tho I have a million and one excuse's to explain away how Ed Crossling beat me, I still had a ball.

Only small speck of wonderment at the times, was Owens and Alex's time in the first stage. As pinned as they both are, I find it hard to believe they took 20 odd secs out of Ed, and Jamie on such a short stage.


Having ridden with Owen pretty solidly for the past couple of years and witnessing first hand his development as a rider, I'm not at all surprised
one_uknw
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Re: Makara Peak Enduro Dh Race

Postby whynot on Tue 13/Dec/11 6:30pm

Awesome race - huge thanks to all the organisers and volunteers.

Thoroughly enjoyed the format, hopefully this type of thing will catch on.

My only suggestion would be to have a bit more pressure on people between stages, so as not to allow too much 'recovery' and make it a bit more competitive for us non-legend bike handlers. There's always gonna be compromise, and you wouldn't want to get too retentive, but, hey it is a race...just my 2c.

Thanks again.
whynot
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Re: Makara Peak Enduro Dh Race

Postby wachtourak on Tue 13/Dec/11 6:48pm

Problem is, those legendary bike handlers are usually pretty handy up the hills too, so they'd probably just win by even more...
wachtourak
User avatar
"IMDABES"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Re: Makara Peak Enduro Dh Race

Postby cruiser on Tue 13/Dec/11 8:20pm

:withstupid:
cruiser
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Re: Makara Peak Enduro Dh Race

Postby AJK on Tue 13/Dec/11 9:38pm

Right, admission of absolute balls up to make. As suspected by a number of people a couple of times recorded for the first stage were incorrect. The mistake is entirely my fault - I read something as something else and put the wrong numbers into the computer for calculating the elapsed times. As a result, the overall has shifted a little. Updated results should be attached.

I've contacted all those affected by the change, and again, apologise profusely for what can only be described as an act of utter cockmongling uselessness. Many thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, it's great to know that the work is appreciated - now if only I could remember to doublecheck the results before making announcements that I might eventually regret...
Revised Timing.pdf
Revised Results
Downloaded 138 times
AJK
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Makara Peak Enduro Dh Race

Postby sifter on Tue 13/Dec/11 9:48pm

AJK wrote:Right, admission of absolute balls up to make. As suspected by a number of people a couple of times recorded for the first stage were incorrect. The mistake is entirely my fault - I read something as something else and put the wrong numbers into the computer for calculating the elapsed times. As a result, the overall has shifted a little. Updated results should be attached.

I've contacted all those affected by the change, and again, apologise profusely for what can only be described as an act of utter cockmongling uselessness. Many thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, it's great to know that the work is appreciated - now if only I could remember to doublecheck the results before making announcements that I might eventually regret...



Don't be too hard on yourself Andy. You ran a great show!

In other news, Jamie Nicoll is off the hook!!!!
sifter
User avatar
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Makara Peak Enduro Dh Race

Postby SlackBoy on Tue 13/Dec/11 11:42pm

sifter wrote:
AJK wrote:Right, admission of absolute balls up to make. As suspected by a number of people a couple of times recorded for the first stage were incorrect. The mistake is entirely my fault - I read something as something else and put the wrong numbers into the computer for calculating the elapsed times. As a result, the overall has shifted a little. Updated results should be attached.

I've contacted all those affected by the change, and again, apologise profusely for what can only be described as an act of utter cockmongling uselessness. Many thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, it's great to know that the work is appreciated - now if only I could remember to doublecheck the results before making announcements that I might eventually regret...



Don't be too hard on yourself Andy. You ran a great show!

In other news, Jamie Nicoll is off the hook!!!!

Definitly andy, you're not the first and won't be the last. I know I'm on that list of organisers with lil fluffs as well.

I told yas Jamie was gonna win
SlackBoy
User avatar
Member for: 19 years 4 months

Re: Makara Peak Enduro Dh Race

Postby crossalis on Wed 14/Dec/11 7:28am

AJK wrote:Right, admission of absolute balls up to make. As suspected by a number of people a couple of times recorded for the first stage were incorrect. The mistake is entirely my fault - I read something as something else and put the wrong numbers into the computer for calculating the elapsed times. As a result, the overall has shifted a little. Updated results should be attached.

I've contacted all those affected by the change, and again, apologise profusely for what can only be described as an act of utter cockmongling uselessness. Many thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, it's great to know that the work is appreciated - now if only I could remember to doublecheck the results before making announcements that I might eventually regret...


From what I hear Andy you did an awesome job! Top stuff!

At least you were honest, I made the scoring system at the last Makara Peak Rally so f###ing complicated that no one could understand it... except perhaps Prof Sifter but he is too nice to point out the flaws in my math! :lol:
crossalis
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Lower North Island | Makara Peak | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts

Who is online

91 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 90 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit