Calendar Event: February 24, 2013

Makara Peak Creek To Peak Relay

Postby damselfly on Fri 8/Feb/13 10:43am

Makara Peak Supporters are proud to host a revamped, and family-friendly Creek to Peak Relay.

When: Sunday 24 February
Time: Rego from 8:30am, Start at 10am
Where: Main carpark, South Karori Road

Register at http://www.makarapeak.org website now! (Enter by Wednesday 5pm 20th February and go in the draw to WIN a Makara Peak Floe riding jersey).

Whilst entering, why not order a Makara Peak riding top! A portion of the sale goes back into the park and they're made right here in Wellington by Floe! Available in Long-Sleeve or Short-Sleeve for $79. Order from Floes website http://www.floe.co.nz/index.php?route=product%2Fcategory&path=63

Format: Relay, with 2 short laps (Koru + Lazy Fern) and 2 long laps (Grand Loop) per team. Teams of one to four riders. Chaperoning of young riders on short laps welcome.

Entry: 1 rider: $25, 2 riders: $50, 3 or 4 riders: $60.

Categories: Men, Women, Mixed, Family, Vets (all riders 40+).

Special prizes: coolest family team as judged by the organisers (3 generations would be a dead cert!); one pre-entered team prize.

Over $1500 of spot prizes to give away.

Thanks to our fantastic sponsors from the Wellington cycling industry. Go and tell them how awesome they are by supporting them right back!:

Bike Barn
Burkes Cycles
Capital Cycles
Dirt Merchants
Floe Riding Apparel
Giant Wellington (ex Penny Farthings)
Johnsonville Cycles
The Kennett Brothers
MTB Skills Clinics
Mud Cycles
On Yer Bike
Revolution Bicycles
Roadworks
...More TBC!

All proceeds from this event will be used for maintenance in the park.
damselfly
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Re: Makara Peak Creek To Peak Relay

Postby sifter on Fri 8/Feb/13 8:22pm

Hopefully you've all been enjoying the maintenance in the park over the last couple of months? A good turn out at this event will help the supporters fund more of it! Plus, it's bound to be a fun day out. Get amongst it!
sifter
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Fri 8/Feb/13 8:33pm

I'm gonna be there in some shape or form! :huh:
Oli
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby SlackBoy on Sat 9/Feb/13 4:57pm

triangle??
:eh:
SlackBoy
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby nostromo on Sat 9/Feb/13 9:18pm

SlackBoy wrote:triangle??
:eh:

Plasma's what I heard.
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby wachtourak on Mon 11/Feb/13 6:47pm

going down north faec is not a grand loop omg

will be there to be OTA regardless
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby sifter on Tue 19/Feb/13 7:23pm

sifter wrote:Hopefully you've all been enjoying the maintenance in the park over the last couple of months? A good turn out at this event will help the supporters fund more of it! Plus, it's bound to be a fun day out. Get amongst it!

BUMP!

Another 24 hours or so to do online entry. The park's looking pretty good at the moment, and we need this income to keep it so.

www.makarapeak.org
sifter

Postby wachtourak on Tue 19/Feb/13 7:30pm

Presume we can enter on the day?
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Postby sifter on Tue 19/Feb/13 7:34pm

wachtourak wrote:Presume we can enter on the day?

yeah, no worries at all :)
sifter

Postby Colin on Tue 19/Feb/13 7:52pm

Just signed up, but no intention of racing.

Put me down DNS, happy to pay toward the good works of MPS.
Colin
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby Lynskey on Wed 20/Feb/13 10:12am

I'll be there as one half of a larrakin single speed duo, rocking my Madonna Harris skinsuit (to frighten any children that might be present).

Looking forward to it :thumbsup:
Lynskey
"Ah yes the tossers certainly come out late at night.."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby sifter on Wed 20/Feb/13 10:40am

Lynskey wrote:I'll be there as one half of a larrakin single speed duo, rocking my Madonna Harris skinsuit (to frighten any children that might be present).

Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

awesome :cool:
sifter

Postby damselfly on Wed 20/Feb/13 10:20pm

Entries are rocking in which is great! You can enter online at http://www.makarapeak.org or sign up on the morning from 8:30am at the main car park.

No need to be a serious racer, just turn up to support the Park! This is the Makara Peak Supporters main fundraising event for the year so by signing up to race/suffer/cruise/have a laugh, all the money raised goes back into maintaining the tracks. It's going to be a great day out with heaps of spot prizes and support from the list of sponsors below. Not only that, but we'll also have gelato and coffee from Kaffee Eis available for sale and Extra Joss have a whole bunch of energy drink sachets and drinks for competitors.

By the way, there's going to be a prize for the best family team! John's (Sifter) hoping for 3 generations in one team.

Thanks again to our sponsors: Bike Barn, Burkes Cycles, Capital Cycles, Dirt Merchants, Floe Riding Apparel, Giant Wellington (ex Penny Farthings), Johnsonville Cycles, Karapoti Classic, The Kennett Brothers, MTB Skills Clinics, Mud Cycles, On Yer Bike, Revolution Bicycles, and Roadworks
damselfly
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby wachtourak on Sun 24/Feb/13 2:45pm

Great event, cheers to all involved in making it happen. Heaps of fun, great to see lots of families, kids etc racing.

I didn't bin it, so success, I think
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Postby AJK on Sun 24/Feb/13 5:23pm

wachtourak wrote:Great event, cheers to all involved in making it happen. Heaps of fun, great to see lots of families, kids etc racing.

I didn't bin it, so success, I think

Agreed - tracks in good condition (very dry!), good atmosphere, and general happy-good-times.

Massive thanks to the organisers, timing personnel, marshals, and pretty much everyone riding - people were very friendly on track and happy to pull over if needed.
AJK
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Events | Kids Events | Lower North Island | Makara Peak | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts