Re: Makara Grand Loop Challenge - 2010

Postby DaveAldred on Sun 5/Dec/10 11:26pm

Damn it.

I'm keeping the SS win. Even if it was a bit shonky and off Nick's pace.
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby AJK on Mon 6/Dec/10 7:27am

A few photos of the day, with a reasonable number of the Grand Loop from my marshal point in the godforsaken wind halfway down Ridgeline. Should be a public album on facetube. Some photos aren't fantastic quality.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=42104&id=510929944&l=a1d8b0ad93
AJK
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Lynskey on Mon 6/Dec/10 2:14pm

DaveAldred wrote:Damn it.

I'm keeping the SS win. Even if it was a bit shonky and off Nick's pace.

You claim that, buddy.

I managed to make a complete hash of the entire ride, including a nice over-the-bars on Missing Link. Thanks to my blazing efforts I now owe Wonny Jaghorn a Lemon Cake.
Lynskey
"Ah yes the tossers certainly come out late at night.."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby sifter on Mon 6/Dec/10 2:32pm

AJK wrote:A few photos of the day, with a reasonable number of the Grand Loop from my marshal point in the godforsaken wind halfway down Ridgeline. Should be a public album on facetube. Some photos aren't fantastic quality.

Classic shot of Clive in the rough! :D
sifter
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby ThingOne on Mon 6/Dec/10 2:49pm

sifter wrote:
AJK wrote:A few photos of the day, with a reasonable number of the Grand Loop from my marshal point in the godforsaken wind halfway down Ridgeline. Should be a public album on facetube. Some photos aren't fantastic quality.

Skillz...(not) The wind blew me into the side of the rut, then out of the rut, thought I was a gonna so had to stick the outrigger out.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby sifter on Mon 6/Dec/10 3:22pm

ThingOne wrote:
sifter wrote:

Skillz...(not) The wind blew me into the side of the rut, then out of the rut, thought I was a gonna so had to stick the outrigger out.

very sensible! :thumbsup:
sifter
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby wachtourak on Mon 6/Dec/10 6:24pm

respec to all youse, I was doing shuttles and on that section the crosswind was so bad I got blown into the side of that rut every time when I was on that right hand/rockier line and almost binned it a couple of times, even on a heavyass DH bike, and I'm not a tall featherweight wind catcher like you jeyboi types
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby floydigus on Thu 9/Dec/10 9:44pm

I fell off going up Sally alley, hurt my elbow, and had to straighten my headset with an actual tool. This couldn't have taken more than about, say, 30 minutes, but it explains why I came last and not, perhaps, first.
It does not have much at all to do with any excessive training ballast i may or may not be carrying, or a general lack of skill.
Just saying.
floydigus
"“Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.”"
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Lower North Island | Makara Peak | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts