Magenta Is A Lie!

Postby Tama on Thu 28/Aug/08 12:40pm

Apparently MAGENTA does not exist - which means your eyes have been lying to you for your entire life. If I was you I'd teach them a lesson and give them a good poking right now :angry:

Explanation is here: http://www.null-hypothesis.co.uk/scienc ... ry_bizarre
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Butch on Thu 28/Aug/08 12:56pm

Well thats a nice useless fact for me to bore people with when I go back to work. Good excuse too!

"Sorry boss, I couldn't see the active waypoint on the screen because technically the magenta line doesn't exist."
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby phunk on Thu 28/Aug/08 12:59pm

:pmob: Technically the line exists, its just the interpretation of the two differnent wavelengths in the brain that is 'wrong'
phunk
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Butch on Thu 28/Aug/08 1:02pm

phunk wrote: :pmob: Technically the line exists, its just the interpretation of the two differnent wavelengths in the brain that is 'wrong'

NO YOU ARE!!
Last edited by Butch on Thu 28/Aug/08 1:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby CaptainCaveman on Thu 28/Aug/08 1:03pm

Cool!
CaptainCaveman
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby slidecontrol on Thu 28/Aug/08 1:08pm

that's conna piss off those folks with CMY printers...
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby CaptainCaveman on Thu 28/Aug/08 1:09pm

:lol:
CaptainCaveman

Postby skint on Thu 28/Aug/08 1:16pm

It's funny. I always thought Cyan was the dodgy one. I mean who would name anything Cyan?

But Magenta?
Never would have picked that, in all its sexy pinkness...
skint
"Mmmm. Cheesy toasted sandwiches."
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby jeremyb on Thu 28/Aug/08 1:45pm

She was my favourite character in RHPS :love:
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Naff on Thu 28/Aug/08 1:54pm

I'm a fan of Magenta off of Blues Clues. :huh:
Naff
"3 times the fun!"

Postby TheRealHotKarl on Thu 28/Aug/08 1:59pm

phunk wrote: :pmob: Technically the line exists, its just the interpretation of the two differnent wavelengths in the brain that is 'wrong'

Correct. Or at least, the brain cannot distinguish the difference in wavelength to that specificity.
TheRealHotKarl
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 28/Aug/08 3:06pm

The old bait and switch. The body of the article doesn't demonstrate that magenta doesn't exist. It clearly claims that colours are not wavelengths; thus that magenta represents a compound of wavelengths has no bearing on whether magenta exists or not. :eh:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby danose on Thu 28/Aug/08 3:32pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote: The old bait and switch. The body of the article doesn't demonstrate that magenta doesn't exist. It clearly claims that colours are not wavelengths; thus that magenta represents a compound of wavelengths has no bearing on whether magenta exists or not. :eh:

and it's not JUST magenta that isn't represented by a single wavelength - there's a whole section of the colour wheel that's the same

plus of course white (though then we get into the 'is white a colour' argument)
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Tama on Thu 28/Aug/08 3:50pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote: The old bait and switch. The body of the article doesn't demonstrate that magenta doesn't exist. It clearly claims that colours are not wavelengths; thus that magenta represents a compound of wavelengths has no bearing on whether magenta exists or not. :eh:
Ha! You've just been sucked in - the existence of magenta is a lie perpetuated by the CIA in cahoots with homosexual fashion designers!
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"

Postby CaptainCaveman on Thu 28/Aug/08 3:52pm

Tama wrote:
Ha! You've just been sucked in - the existence of magenta is a lie perpetuated by the CIA in cahoots with homosexual fashion designers!

If E Dogg believes it exists, it exists for him and he will act accordingly. He's existentially challenged ;)
CaptainCaveman

Sifting - Latest Posts