Re: Lyrik Servicing - Am I Doing It Wrong

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 13/Jun/17 9:08pm

Bring the lyrik to me. B-rad Cycle service. I'll give it a look over before you throw $$$ at something else.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby cep32 on Tue 13/Jun/17 10:10pm

See you tomorrow then.
cep32
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Postby Dougal on Wed 14/Jun/17 9:25am

cep32 wrote:Budget - $1500
Travel - 140mm
Steerer - Standard taper
Wheel - 29"
Axle - 110x15 boost

Rider - Fat bastard
Location - Nelson

I've got a demo fork that ticks all those boxes. Flick me an email at shockcraft if you want to know more.

But shmoo should be able to fix the air spring issue you've currently got. The damper issues are a bit more difficult.
Dougal
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby cep32 on Sun 2/Jul/17 4:22pm

Just a quick follow up. When I connect my shock pump to my fork and let all of the air out until it shows zero should the fork compress to zero travel and stay there? At the moment it requires a fair bit of force to compress the last 50-60mm and when I take the force off it rebounds back to 50-60mm travel. Feels like a pogo-stick again as well.
cep32
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Postby Dougal on Sun 2/Jul/17 6:15pm

It still builds pressure in the positive and vacuum in the negative. About 50kg to fully compress when everything is good.
Dougal
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Bikes + Frames + Forks | Cycling | Forks | Suspension Forks - Latest Posts