Postby happybaboon on Thu 9/Aug/07 10:04pm

musket wrote:There are serious doubts around the handling of that case Babs, you know that. The way the cases were separated and evidence withheld from juries at different trials does raise questions.

As for counting as Justice? Nope - only a result, attempting to achieve justice. I'm pretty sure O'J's acquittal diesn't qualify as justice either!

Not to mention the serious doubts around Louise Nicholases conduct. OK, perhaps someone raped her or she believes someone did... So she complained to the Police, who evidently didn't investigate her complaint properly... But then she dropped it. For YEARS she said nothing. 20 years after the alleged rape, she tells a fucking newspaper - Not another cop, not the Police complaints authority, not a judge, not a lawyer, not an MP, not the ombudsman, not Victim Support, womens refuge, a psychiatrist, a city councilor, a JP, not a trusted member of Clergy and not anyone else in a position which might afford them the qualification to offer sensible nonbiased advice on how to proceed with her complaint. She told a journalist...

Thats what fucked the inquiry up most of all. It was tainted from the start, and because of that the trial had huge problems. If anyone is to blame for the lack of conviction in this case, it is Louise Nicholas... And like it or not, the New Zealand justice system (which, as I understand Musket, you choose to become a part of) has aquitted the accused. Rickards in particular, who has been convicted of no offense, should now be able to get on with his life.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby musket on Thu 9/Aug/07 10:10pm

happybaboon wrote:
musket wrote:There are serious doubts around the handling of that case Babs, you know that. The way the cases were separated and evidence withheld from juries at different trials does raise questions.

As for counting as Justice? Nope - only a result, attempting to achieve justice. I'm pretty sure O'J's acquittal diesn't qualify as justice either!

Not to mention the serious doubts around Louise Nicholases conduct. OK, perhaps someone raped her or she believes someone did... So she complained to the Police, who evidently didn't investigate her complaint properly... But then she dropped it. For YEARS she said nothing. 20 years after the alleged rape, she tells a fucking newspaper - Not another cop, not the Police complaints authority, not a judge, not a lawyer, not an MP, not the ombudsman, not Victim Support, womens refuge, a psychiatrist, a city councilor, a JP, not a trusted member of Clergy and not anyone else in a position which might afford them the qualification to offer sensible nonbiased advice on how to proceed with her complaint. She told a journalist...

Thats what fucked the inquiry up most of all. It was tainted from the start, and because of that the trial had huge problems. If anyone is to blame for the lack of conviction in this case, it is Louise Nicholas... And like it or not, the New Zealand justice system (which, as I understand Musket, you choose to become a part of) has aquitted the accused. Rickards in particular, who has been convicted of no offense, should now be able to get on with his life.

The lack of evidence etc is largely die to the destruction/obfuscation of the initial Dewar dealings. Further, her actions are perfectly consistent with that of a rape victim, and given the way she was treated, it's not surprising she went to a paper.

So far as me being a part of the NZL Justice System? I've been a participant on occassion (doh), but currently I'm merely a qualified lawyer who likes bikes too much to work in a purely legal capacity.

I do have experience dealing with rape victims though Babs, and if we're not going to protect them because the trauma the event causes make them "less credible" then we've got to find a new system.
musket
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby SlackBoy on Thu 9/Aug/07 10:13pm

why don't you 3 tards, just get in a cage and fight to the death
SlackBoy
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby musket on Thu 9/Aug/07 10:15pm

Evening Ricky!
musket

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 9/Aug/07 10:15pm

Why don't you blow yourself to death? I'll leave it at that.
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Postby SlackBoy on Thu 9/Aug/07 10:18pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote: Why don't you blow yourself to death? I'll leave it at that.
I'm not that flexible sorry
SlackBoy

Postby radical_edward on Thu 9/Aug/07 11:20pm

happybaboon wrote: Not to mention the serious doubts around Louise Nicholases conduct. OK, perhaps someone raped her or she believes someone did... So she complained to the Police, who evidently didn't investigate her complaint properly... But then she dropped it. For YEARS she said nothing. 20 years after the alleged rape, she tells a fucking newspaper - Not another cop, not the Police complaints authority, not a judge, not a lawyer, not an MP, not the ombudsman, not Victim Support, womens refuge, a psychiatrist, a city councilor, a JP, not a trusted member of Clergy and not anyone else in a position which might afford them the qualification to offer sensible nonbiased advice on how to proceed with her complaint. She told a journalist...

Er, the first 3 trials took place in 1993, 1994 and 1995.

Actually, she tried to make a complaint in 1990 or 1991, but the only person she could complain to was Dewar who kept 'persuading' her not to take the complaint any further.

And the reporter approached Louise Nicholas, for the record.
radical_edward
"Fast-casual."
Member for: 13 years 7 months

RE: Re: Louise Nicholas Pwns Bent Copper!

Postby j2hyde on Fri 10/Aug/07 1:17am

happybaboon wrote: Time to let it go

Believe me, we all wish you would.
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby CrustyMTB on Fri 10/Aug/07 8:33am

Despite Babs lack of comprehension, to my mind the whole affair illustrates the difficulties in a trial which is fair to both accused and victim when due to Police corrupt, obstruction and illegal behaviour have led to unsafe acquittals. And why NZ needs an independent Police Complaint Authority and a change (which may already have happened) in the processes and culture around victims of sexual offending.

Rickards should also be extradited to Afghanistan, filthy dirty fucker that he is...
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 11/Aug/07 8:27am

http://stuff.co.nz/4160159a10.html Key witness to the acquittal of Shipton, Schollum and Rickards recants, they can't re-try due to double jepoardy, any comments on the innocence of Clint now Babs??
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""

Postby happybaboon on Sat 11/Aug/07 10:22am

CrustyMTB wrote: http://stuff.co.nz/4160159a10.html Key witness to the acquittal of Shipton, Schollum and Rickards recants, they can't re-try due to double jepoardy, any comments on the innocence of Clint now Babs??

Still innocent, still should be, give him his job back :)
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby SlackBoy on Sat 11/Aug/07 11:26am

CrustyMTB wrote: Despite Babs lack of comprehension, to my mind the whole affair illustrates the difficulties in a trial which is fair to both accused and victim when due to Police corrupt, obstruction and illegal behaviour have led to unsafe acquittals. And why NZ needs an independent Police Complaint Authority and a change (which may already have happened) in the processes and culture around victims of sexual offending.

Rickards should also be extradited to Afghanistan, filthy dirty fucker that he is...
First we need to round up all the corrupt pigs, then all the dope smoking hippy commie pinko's, and then us normal people can practice our golf swings and target shooting
SlackBoy

Postby DropKick on Sat 25/Aug/07 10:34am

I just saw 2 undie 500 participants wearing police uniforms saying "constable rickards", in their utility belts were dildos :thumbsup:
DropKick
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 25/Aug/07 8:34pm

DropKick wrote: I just saw 2 undie 500 participants wearing police uniforms saying "constable rickards", in their utility belts were dildos :thumbsup:
:p Dunners cops must have loved those...
CrustyMTB

Postby philstar on Mon 27/Aug/07 12:11pm

happybaboon wrote: Still innocent, still should be, give him his job back :)

he should not have his job back because of a comment he made after the trial about Shipton and Schollum not being guilty of the rapes they are in jail for. You can't have a senior cop bringing the justice system into disrepute.

part of a cops job is to act in a manner that the general public can respect them, even if he didn't rape her, he acted in a despicable manner. No job for him :angry:
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Sifting - Latest Posts