LOTR Premiere Petition

Postby Tama on Mon 5/May/03 12:55pm

Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby jeremyb on Mon 5/May/03 1:29pm

I heard they're going to do a fourth movie called King of the Ring, starring Ted Di Biase (the million dollar man), the Big Boss Man and Hulk Hogan.
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Dazzle on Mon 5/May/03 1:55pm

uh, Hogan is still wrestling, despite being an old cripple.
Big Boss Man has more or less retired.
Ted Dibiase has become a traveling minister, and turned his back on the evils of pro-wrestling - sort of. He got involved with a 'family values' wrestling group that breifly made it to some obscure TV channel in the states. You know, good old fashioned christian family values pro wrestling... :crazy:
It gets better than that - from time to time he's run Christian wrestling events with the likes of Sting & The Road Warriors where the final match turns into big gab fest about repenting your sins and accepting J.H.Christ into your life... :crazy:

He's not the first ex-wrestler to go down the religion path. Tully Blanchard (1/2 of the wwf's Brain Busters, 1/4 of Ric Flairs 4 Horsemen) become a minister after burning every bridge in the wrestling world due to drugs. He now councils prison inmates.

Jake 'the snake' Roberts eulogised at a lot of church's when he was 'born again' at the behest of his mother/sister (yes, they are the same person). He took his 'conversion' into the ring with him as a character gimick, promting the Steve Austin comment "Austin 3:16 says I just kicked your arse" which went on to sell a couple of million wwf t-shirts.
Outside the ring Roberts is a dark and troubled person, last I heard he was living in the UK with several warrants outstanding in the US along with child support issues to a lot of different women. :0

and while I'm ruining peoples childhood memories - back in the 80's 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan was busted for smoking pot, and Jimmy "Supper Fly" Snuka was a suspect in the agrevated assult/man slaughter of his girl friend. :crazy:
Dazzle
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby Naff on Tue 13/May/03 12:55pm

Dazzle wrote:uh, Hogan is still wrestling, despite being an old cripple.
Big Boss Man has more or less retired.
Ted Dibiase has become a traveling minister, and turned his back on the evils of pro-wrestling - sort of. He got involved with a 'family values' wrestling group that breifly made it to some obscure TV channel in the states. You know, good old fashioned christian family values pro wrestling... :crazy:
It gets better than that - from time to time he's run Christian wrestling events with the likes of Sting & The Road Warriors where the final match turns into big gab fest about repenting your sins and accepting J.H.Christ into your life... :crazy:

He's not the first ex-wrestler to go down the religion path. Tully Blanchard (1/2 of the wwf's Brain Busters, 1/4 of Ric Flairs 4 Horsemen) become a minister after burning every bridge in the wrestling world due to drugs. He now councils prison inmates.

Jake 'the snake' Roberts eulogised at a lot of church's when he was 'born again' at the behest of his mother/sister (yes, they are the same person). He took his 'conversion' into the ring with him as a character gimick, promting the Steve Austin comment "Austin 3:16 says I just kicked your arse" which went on to sell a couple of million wwf t-shirts.
Outside the ring Roberts is a dark and troubled person, last I heard he was living in the UK with several warrants outstanding in the US along with child support issues to a lot of different women. :0

and while I'm ruining peoples childhood memories - back in the 80's 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan was busted for smoking pot, and Jimmy "Supper Fly" Snuka was a suspect in the agrevated assult/man slaughter of his girl friend. :crazy:

Damn Dazzle... you are the king of Post WWF life!
you rule! :)
Naff
"3 times the fun!"

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Tue 13/May/03 7:35pm

How do you know so much about this subject Dazzle? You don't have secret career ambitions do you? :eh:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby bugle on Wed 14/May/03 7:46am

ALERT ALERT Daz is a WWF geek !!!
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby Naff on Wed 14/May/03 8:29am

bugle wrote:ALERT ALERT Daz is a WWF geek !!!

there is nothing wrong with a WWF geek :hmmm:
Naff
"3 times the fun!"

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Wed 14/May/03 8:42am

Naff wrote:there is nothing wrong with a WWF geek :hmmm:

I dunno. Men with large muscles, makeup, and big hair pretending to beat each other up; is that normal? :eh:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Naff on Wed 14/May/03 7:21pm

Evil Dr Capek wrote:
Naff wrote:there is nothing wrong with a WWF geek :hmmm:

I dunno. Men with large muscles, makeup, and big hair pretending to beat each other up; is that normal? :eh:

pffft..... thats better than normal... thats GREAT!!!! :paranoid:
Naff
"3 times the fun!"

Sifting - Latest Posts