Looking For Size Small 26 Frame Or Small Bike

Postby Tsotsi on Sun 26th Mar 10:18pm

Hi there -

My daughter is set to do a WORD skills holiday programme in April but her bike is looking a little small. :blink:

Does anyone have a size small bike they are interested in selling? Alternatively, a frame might be an option.

Thanks
Tsotsi
Member for: 6 years 3 months

Re: Looking For Size Small 26 Frame Or Small Bike

Postby dragon_style on Tue 4th Apr 11:06am

Hi, I have a 14" bike that's destined for my daughter but not needed yet that you'd be welcome to borrow. It's a Jamis, front shocks, disc brakes so a "real" bike.
dragon_style
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Tsotsi on Mon 10th Apr 7:50pm

Thanks for the offer. We had a trial on a 16 in bike size and it worked out far better than we had envisaged. Growth spurt! She found the 26in wheel bike smooth and easy to handle, compared to the 20 in wheel size. Yes, big wheels for small people.

We are still keen on either complete small bike or a frame.

Cheers
Tsotsi

Postby banga on Wed 12th Apr 8:35am

Small Santa Cruz heckler? not sure if you're after a hardtail or full suspension... Looking for $800.
banga
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Tsotsi on Thu 13th Apr 9:03pm

Thanks - way too much bike for a 10 year old! I showed her a picture and she was amused. :thumbsup:

I think a hardtail would be a great start and there is less to maintain. As I mentioned above, a 26in frame would also work as we could get close to a complete build.
Tsotsi

Postby dragon_style on Sat 15th Apr 10:09pm

I've been rationalising all the bike stuff I've been stashing away over the years and have that 14" Jamis spare now. It looks like it's this model/year http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike in a grey colour. Currently it's sitting in frame/forks/drivetrain form. I have some 26" disc wheels and BB5 brakes waiting to go onto it. You're welcome to the lot for $150 if that's of interest. I'll be generally around over the next few days and in Brooklyn if you want to have a look.
dragon_style
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Tsotsi on Tue 18th Apr 8:16pm

Thanks - if you are around this weekend, we might come to have a look.

I think I have your number. Some time ago I had a look at your dialled frame. Will drop a line later in the week. Cheers
Tsotsi

Classifieds - Latest Posts