Re: London Olympics 2012

Postby cruiser on Fri 27/Jul/12 8:49am

Trail wrote:Phil Liggett tells us that Mountain Biking and BMX have no place in the Olympics.

I am not a fan of his commentary of cycling events, but find this quite funny :D

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/ligget ... ics/013403

good reply in the comment section. This argument comes in every 4years just let them get on with it, sport is sport. Personally, I'll watch everything (except golf) that has highly skilled people competing especially stuff I hardly see otherwise.

Can't wait for the ping-pong final between china and china :love:
cruiser
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Postby thekiwi on Fri 27/Jul/12 9:13am

kookaburra wrote:Is the Road Race Men on Prime ?
I see a listing for the Road Race Women on Prime but not the Men ?

Yup, there appears to be general coverage from 8:00pm, another slot 8:35pm which is titled rowing, but the description says it includes the mens Road Race.
10:30pm the title is London Olympics 2012 but again the description includes the Mens Road Race.
12:00am includes Cycling as well as Medal Ceremony.
thekiwi
"A bad day of riding beats a good day at the office"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Fri 27/Jul/12 9:53am

Trail wrote:Phil Liggett tells us that Mountain Biking and BMX have no place in the Olympics.

I am not a fan of his commentary of cycling events, but find this quite funny :D

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/liggett-mountain-biking-and-bmx-has-no-place-in-the-olympics/013403
I'm not sure I agree with him about MTB and BMX, but I certainly agree that it's a terrible shame the IP, kilo and 500m have been ditched. :(
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby chuckie34 on Fri 27/Jul/12 10:17am

And despite all this, synchronised swimming is still a sport? As long as that is a sport, anything else goes. Even baiting nzmatto in the joke thread is a sport then.
chuckie34
"I had an idea - - - - -"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby cruiser on Fri 27/Jul/12 10:20am

If it involves half-naked females gyrating it's in.
cruiser
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Postby Gavatron on Sat 28/Jul/12 10:09am

thekiwi wrote:
kookaburra wrote:Is the Road Race Men on Prime ?
I see a listing for the Road Race Women on Prime but not the Men ?

Yup, there appears to be general coverage from 8:00pm, another slot 8:35pm which is titled rowing, but the description says it includes the mens Road Race.
10:30pm the title is London Olympics 2012 but again the description includes the Mens Road Race.
12:00am includes Cycling as well as Medal Ceremony.

I contacted Sky (Prime) twice asking what actual coverage there will be of the men's road race on Prime.

Sky's first reply: Coverage of this event is due to air in the programme at 10.30pm Saturday night, you can check on the Prime website for details of daily coverage of the Games:

So I replied: I've already been to the website and Sunday night has a separate item called cycling and "Prime brings you coverage of the Women's
Road Race from Box Hill. Join our commentators John Cardwell and Rebecca Bailey for all the action". Whereas Saturday just has a general reference: "Clint Brown takes you through the night with the latest action from London including rowing, swimming cycling and equestrian events". Hence my question: How much coverage will there be of the men's road race?

They replied: We can't give exact timings as it will depend on the other sports we have at that time and what is happening with them. Due to the very nature of the Games, especially when we are trying to bring as much action as possible on one channel, means the schedule is very fluid and subject to constant change. However we do hope you will enjoy the coverage we are able to bring.

So Sky's usual bollocks customer service.
Gavatron
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby kookaburra on Sat 28/Jul/12 12:10pm

Gavatron
Thanks for trying to get a definitive answer from Sky re their coverage on Prime.
kookaburra
Member for: 7 years 0 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sat 28/Jul/12 12:19pm

Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 28/Jul/12 12:35pm

Gavatron wrote:So Sky's usual bollocks customer service.

My bet is they'll broadcast 90% of it, then cut it at the end to go to a medal ceremony for womens weightlifting won by a hairy sheman from China. Then Bauer will give Henderson an epic leadout vs Wiggins doing the same for Cav, and then Henderson will beat Greipel and Cav on the line with a three-way photo finish.

NZ's best chance of winning the road race is if Sky ballses it up and doesn't show the finish, then you can be sure it'll be an amazing moment that everybody misses.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Mickyfinn on Sat 28/Jul/12 5:07pm

cruiser wrote:

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/ligget ... ics/013403

good reply in the comment section. This argument comes in every 4years just let them get on with it, sport is sport. Personally, I'll watch everything (except golf) that has highly skilled people competing especially stuff I hardly see otherwise.

Can't wait for the ping-pong final between china and china :love:

I'm guessing he has been miss- quoted... again
Mickyfinn
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Postby Fraser on Sat 28/Jul/12 5:25pm

The Queen spent the opening ceremony thinking about her imminent death.
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sat 28/Jul/12 5:34pm

Fraser wrote:The Queen spent the opening ceremony thinking about her imminent death.

Incorrect.

Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 28/Jul/12 5:37pm

Maybe she spent it thinking about how she's both second cousins and third cousins with her husband, whilst counting all her extra toes?
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby znomit on Sat 28/Jul/12 6:28pm

More than 100 people were arrested during a protest by cyclists during the Olympics opening ceremony, police said today.
Scotland Yard said two groups of protesters were arrested near the Olympic Park on suspicion of breaching protest conditions and causing a public nuisance.
The cyclists were identified as members of an activist cycling club that meets monthly for mass bike rides.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=10822824
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby chuckie34 on Sat 28/Jul/12 8:59pm

hmmm, women's quadruple sculls? I thought it was coxless fours?
chuckie34
"I had an idea - - - - -"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

BMX Racing | BMX Riding | Cycling | Mountain Biking | Road Cycling | Road Racing - Latest Posts