Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby Wobbler on Wed 15/Sep/10 6:56pm

kona.stinky. wrote:
bubbaa wrote:
Wobbler wrote:
bubbaa wrote:Do NOT quote me on this cos its probably wrong
but
i undestand there is a definite increased risk in childhood leukemia associated with living in close proximity to HV lines.
Making this up as i go along
I also understand that it makes no-sense at all that this relationship should exist and is probably spurious association because the magnetic field present around a line degrades as the inverse square of teh distance from the line so is pretty extermely weak at the level of a bungalow.

enter engineers and epidemiologists stage right . . .

I wouldn't live under them by choice

wow awesome post bro, seriously well done on being vague and retarded at the same time.

read the booklet znomit has posted up, this stuff isnt some mysterious witch in the woods type crap it is well researched and documented.

congratulations on being a pompous knobhead.

If you were able to read and digest writing you may note that I declared noted my knowlegde was sketchy and obliquely invited (obviously too obliquely for your concrete thinking) those with more knowledge to contribute.

So try reading and taking deep breaths before reacting eh "bro"

Wobbler... Don't go calling people "Retarded " and making grammatical errors... It doesn't help.

Keep up the good work :lol:
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby GraemeWi on Wed 15/Sep/10 9:01pm

Just another anecdote - when we were looking at houses we looked at a couple of places in Massey and on the way to one of them my GPS shut down as I passed under one group of pylons. It did it again when I drove back up the road a few minutes later. One of the real estate agents we were dealing with wouldn't go into the area because she had trouble with her pacemaker.

We read the same UK study on distance to pylons vs health issues and decided not to gamble with the health of us or our child(ren)

Try Ranui - no pylons, similar prices to parts of Massey, but avoid the rough parts. We ended up in Henderson :thumbsup:
GraemeWi
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Wed 15/Sep/10 11:13pm

We've officially decided to walk away from that house. As nice as it was, it's just not worth the risk, more from a financial point than the health side.

Thanks for all the opinions/info guys n girls, I'm quite impressed with the amount of responses it generated!
ShoreBoy
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby cruiser on Wed 15/Sep/10 11:39pm

another life fixxored by Uncle Vorb :cool:
cruiser
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Postby dented on Thu 16/Sep/10 5:57am

You're walking away?

I was half expecting you to get the Police to buy it and set it up as a halfway house for prison leavers or something
dented
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby .I. on Thu 16/Sep/10 8:02am

The real pisser is you cant fly kites in your back yard :angry:
.I.
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Fri 17/Sep/10 11:35am

dented wrote:You're walking away?

I was half expecting you to get the Police to buy it and set it up as a halfway house for prison leavers or something

Na mate, that's what Ranui is for!
ShoreBoy
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Rik on Fri 17/Sep/10 11:56am

.I. wrote:The real pisser is you cant fly kites in your back yard :angry:

Wouldn't have stopped Benjamin Franklin
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby happybaboon on Fri 17/Sep/10 12:01pm

It'd make a good tinny house. Imagine how many pairs of sneakers you could throw over one of those badboys :huh:
pylons_500.jpg
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Health | Sifting - Latest Posts