Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby bubbaa on Wed 15/Sep/10 1:14pm

Wobbler wrote:
bubbaa wrote:Do NOT quote me on this cos its probably wrong
but
i undestand there is a definite increased risk in childhood leukemia associated with living in close proximity to HV lines.
Making this up as i go along
I also understand that it makes no-sense at all that this relationship should exist and is probably spurious association because the magnetic field present around a line degrades as the inverse square of teh distance from the line so is pretty extermely weak at the level of a bungalow.

enter engineers and epidemiologists stage right . . .


I wouldn't live under them by choice


wow awesome post bro, seriously well done on being vague and retarded at the same time.

read the booklet znomit has posted up, this stuff isnt some mysterious witch in the woods type crap it is well researched and documented.


congratulations on being a pompous knobhead.

If you were able to read and digest writing you may note that I declared noted my knowlegde was sketchy and obliquely invited (obviously too obliquely for your concrete thinking) those with more knowledge to contribute.

So try reading and taking deep breaths before reacting eh "bro"
bubbaa
User avatar
"bite me"
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby swtchbckr on Wed 15/Sep/10 1:19pm

i wouldnt. no way. for all of the above reasons. cancer, who knows? but other people not wanting to buy it off you later would be as good a reason as any.
swtchbckr
User avatar
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby nzmja on Wed 15/Sep/10 1:33pm

I'm with swtchbckr, your home is a big investment. You don't want to disadvantage yourself when selling down the line.
nzmja
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby pissface on Wed 15/Sep/10 2:09pm

phunk wrote:Friends of ours rent a place under HV lines and hate it.
I have visited people living with a big pylon by their place, was ages ago but there was something about it that just set my teeth on edge. Could have just been the constant buzzing, dunno. Electricity in the air feels wrong.

Often when you go into a neighbourhood you can get an indefinable sense of what it is like, the "atmosphere" or "spirit" of the neighbourhood. I'd suggest trying just sort of walking around the place, a couple of the streets, and see what it feels like. It might be that IF such power lines affect people in subtle ways (as others have noted , a sense of unease, whatever) you might expect people to be behaving sort of differently. But in any case, I guess that's a reasonable thing to do wherever you are considering buying: check out the neighbourhood also.

If you make the decision justified purely on scientific or economic arguments, then I would hope that you live your whole life that way for it to be a sound basis for choosing the place you will call home.
pissface
User avatar
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby phunk on Wed 15/Sep/10 2:57pm

pissface wrote:If you make the decision justified purely on scientific or economic arguments, then I would hope that you live your whole life that way for it to be a sound basis for choosing the place you will call home.


Are there people that do not do this?? :eh:
phunk
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby pissface on Wed 15/Sep/10 3:00pm

phunk wrote:
pissface wrote:If you make the decision justified purely on scientific or economic arguments, then I would hope that you live your whole life that way for it to be a sound basis for choosing the place you will call home.


Are there people that do not do this?? :eh:

:D
purely?

What about people who decide they want to live somewhere because they just like it?
pissface
User avatar
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby phunk on Wed 15/Sep/10 3:16pm

pissface wrote:
phunk wrote:
pissface wrote:If you make the decision justified purely on scientific or economic arguments, then I would hope that you live your whole life that way for it to be a sound basis for choosing the place you will call home.


Are there people that do not do this?? :eh:

:D
purely?

What about people who decide they want to live somewhere because they just like it?


Then they are irrational!! :lol:
phunk
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby pissface on Wed 15/Sep/10 3:33pm

phunk wrote:Then they are irrational!! :lol:

by definition.

so?
pissface
User avatar
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby thorg on Wed 15/Sep/10 3:35pm

crush them.
thorg
User avatar
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby pissface on Wed 15/Sep/10 3:46pm

phunk wrote:
pissface wrote:
phunk wrote:
pissface wrote:If you make the decision justified purely on scientific or economic arguments, then I would hope that you live your whole life that way for it to be a sound basis for choosing the place you will call home.


Are there people that do not do this?? :eh:

:D
purely?

What about people who decide they want to live somewhere because they just like it?


Then they are irrational!! :lol:


actually no. they may be operating according a rationale based on different fundamental principles: could be aesthetic, comfort, lyfestyle, whatever, but applying a consistent and reasoned approach. an economic perspecitve could have you living anywhere like, crikey, next to a goddam railway line or something.
pissface
User avatar
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby phunk on Wed 15/Sep/10 3:54pm

pissface wrote:
phunk wrote:
pissface wrote:
phunk wrote:
pissface wrote:If you make the decision justified purely on scientific or economic arguments, then I would hope that you live your whole life that way for it to be a sound basis for choosing the place you will call home.


Are there people that do not do this?? :eh:

:D
purely?

What about people who decide they want to live somewhere because they just like it?


Then they are irrational!! :lol:


actually no. they may be operating according a rationale based on different fundamental principles: could be aesthetic, comfort, lyfestyle, whatever, but applying a consistent and reasoned approach. an economic perspecitve could have you living anywhere like, crikey, next to a goddam railway line or something.


Exactly, so its still an economic perspective which means you have just contradicted yourself.
phunk
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby phunk on Wed 15/Sep/10 3:54pm

Dude, wait, what?
phunk
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby pissface on Wed 15/Sep/10 4:22pm

phunk wrote:Dude, wait, what?


oh yawn. be colloquial for a while, your sphincter might relax.
pissface
User avatar
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby kona.stinky. on Wed 15/Sep/10 6:27pm

bubbaa wrote:
Wobbler wrote:
bubbaa wrote:Do NOT quote me on this cos its probably wrong
but
i undestand there is a definite increased risk in childhood leukemia associated with living in close proximity to HV lines.
Making this up as i go along
I also understand that it makes no-sense at all that this relationship should exist and is probably spurious association because the magnetic field present around a line degrades as the inverse square of teh distance from the line so is pretty extermely weak at the level of a bungalow.

enter engineers and epidemiologists stage right . . .


I wouldn't live under them by choice


wow awesome post bro, seriously well done on being vague and retarded at the same time.

read the booklet znomit has posted up, this stuff isnt some mysterious witch in the woods type crap it is well researched and documented.


congratulations on being a pompous knobhead.

If you were able to read and digest writing you may note that I declared noted my knowlegde was sketchy and obliquely invited (obviously too obliquely for your concrete thinking) those with more knowledge to contribute.

So try reading and taking deep breaths before reacting eh "bro"



Wobbler... Don't go calling people "Retarded " and making grammatical errors... It doesn't help.
kona.stinky.
User avatar
"Si"
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Re: Living Under High Voltage Lines??

Postby Kyle on Wed 15/Sep/10 6:35pm

:lol:

5...4...3...2...1...
Kyle
User avatar
"Rated R for pervasive extreme drug use and related bizarre behavior, strong language, and brief nudity"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Health | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

44 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], oldandlazy and 40 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop