66%
I think they will vote to leave
34%
I think they will vote to remain
34%

Total voters : 29

Leave Or Remain

Postby mfw on Thu 23/Jun/16 11:55am

Firstly, the world watched nervously as the Kiwi's decided on a new flag (or not), which could have had major consequences for world peace.
Now, a few months later the UK are getting on the bandwagon.
Will this be a world changing event, or another anticlimax?
Have your say, and predict the result.
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Re: Leave Or Remain

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 23/Jun/16 12:12pm

Another fizzer?
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby dwgknz on Thu 23/Jun/16 12:25pm

Not sure if it will be a fizzer, there's a lot of feeling there about the vote. Like the Scottish vote it won't fully be understood until the morning.

If they (we) leave it will create ripples but can't see it as being world changing in the long term. The UK (to be precise England) will just become a little bit less relevant on the world scale.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby Kev on Thu 23/Jun/16 12:26pm

I'm pretty sure they'll stay with 54% voting to remain and 46% to leave
I have abstained from voting whether they should or not. Rationally, I know staying in Europe is the right thing for them to do financially, culturally, diplomatically, etc but, gosh darn it, I am jolly well curious to see if the plucky Brits can make a go of it on their own!
I may be undecided there, but I do think the government totally abrogated their responsibility by having a referendum on the matter. A large portion of the population will have no idea how to critically evaluate the options and make an informed decision. Instead they will do what the Sun or Daily Mail tell them to.
Kev
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 23/Jun/16 1:19pm

Kev wrote: A large portion of the population will have no idea how to critically evaluate the options and make an informed decision. Instead they will do what the Sun or Daily Mail tell them to.

The entire reason Democracy sucks shit. (not that I could suggest a better form of government - if only we had an engaged, intelligent population, able to critically evaluate to make informed decisions...)
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Kyle on Thu 23/Jun/16 1:51pm

Kev wrote:I may be undecided there, but I do think the government totally abrogated their responsibility by having a referendum on the matter.

While the average polly may give the appearance of mostly likely being out witted by even a particularly dumb piece of driftwood, they are generally possessed of a most ratlike cunning and know when it's in their best interest to run the hell away to a safe distance before turning around to say " not our fault, you lot voted for it".
Kyle
"Rated R for pervasive extreme drug use and related bizarre behavior, strong language, and brief nudity"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby philstar on Thu 23/Jun/16 2:07pm

swtchbckr wrote:
Kev wrote: A large portion of the population will have no idea how to critically evaluate the options and make an informed decision. Instead they will do what the Sun or Daily Mail tell them to.

The entire reason Democracy sucks shit. (not that I could suggest a better form of government - if only we had an engaged, intelligent population, able to critically evaluate to make informed decisions...)

weighted democracy would be better, but I don't think i would want other people to decide who gets more votes and who does not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8

It might be good for NZ if they leave, better trading deals might come our way.
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Thu 23/Jun/16 4:12pm

BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby Sims on Thu 23/Jun/16 4:20pm

Gonna do interesting things to the boarder of the Ireland and Northern Ireland...
Sims
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby mfw on Thu 23/Jun/16 8:29pm

philstar wrote:
swtchbckr wrote:

weighted democracy would be better, but I don't think i would want other people to decide who gets more votes and who does not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8

It might be good for NZ if they leave, better trading deals might come our way.

Song at 13:50 made me LOL!
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 24/Jun/16 12:59pm

leaveorremain.jpg
:)
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby dwgknz on Fri 24/Jun/16 1:47pm

6,000,000 votes and only 75,000 apart!! :(
dwgknz

Postby happybaboon on Fri 24/Jun/16 2:02pm

The whole thing is silly.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Kev on Fri 24/Jun/16 2:05pm

It is close as anything. They have been swapping the lead since the results started rolling in. Now there are over 8million votes and leave leads by less than 0.1%
Kev
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby dwgknz on Fri 24/Jun/16 2:28pm

Hoping London gets in the game soon.
dwgknz

International Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts