This topic has not been added to any channels. This will make it hard for users to find. Type relevant channels into the Add Channel box to add them.

Leaking Marzocchis

Postby hotshot on Mon 13/Mar/06 9:25am

just noticed after riding today that my 888's are leaking around the external compreesion adjustment thing on the bottom of the forks, think its the right side but not exactly sure. the model of 888's are vf2. anyone have an idea what to do? or what it is?
hotshot
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Percy Pig on Mon 13/Mar/06 9:28am

Check the bolt is tight, but not too tight, if it is then take them into the shop you got them from and get them to check it out!
Percy Pig
User avatar
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby radical_edward on Mon 13/Mar/06 10:12am

My Z1s leaked like a sieve. Got new o ring, another fatter o ring, measured with digital calipers and found that the surface that the o ring contacted was not perfectly round. Resolved to live with it as nobody seemed to know who the Marzocchi importers were at that point in time but when I switched to motorex oil (there is a motorbike dealer just 50m from my house, so for no other reason) which has mild seal conditioners, the leak stopped :eh:

Welcome to the world of Marzocchi ownership. Big dumb forks with big dumb quality control that are the only sensible choice for big dumb riders :thumbsup:

Talking to a shop is a very good idea because footnuts and such are made of incredibly expensive aluminium, to teach you a lesson the first time you take it apart :paranoid:
radical_edward
User avatar
"Fast-casual."
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby hotshot on Mon 13/Mar/06 2:32pm

Percy Pig wrote: Check the bolt is tight, but not too tight, if it is then take them into the shop you got them from and get them to check it out!


its not a bolt on the bottom is a round red knob that you turn to adjust compression.

can u pull the knob off and its there a bolt underneath that u can tighten or something?
hotshot
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Percy Pig on Mon 13/Mar/06 5:42pm

hotshot wrote:
Percy Pig wrote: Check the bolt is tight, but not too tight, if it is then take them into the shop you got them from and get them to check it out!


its not a bolt on the bottom is a round red knob that you turn to adjust compression.

can u pull the knob off and its there a bolt underneath that u can tighten or something?
I have no idea!

Its LBS time dude!
Percy Pig
User avatar
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby JohnnyC on Mon 13/Mar/06 7:39pm

radical_edward wrote: Welcome to the world of Marzocchi ownership. Big dumb forks with big dumb quality control that are the only sensible choice for big dumb riders :thumbsup:


Marzocchi quality control would be the best, on a par with fox as I've never had to warranty a pair. The only issue is that some used to come quite underfilled with oil but this seems to be fixed now. You obviously haven't owned a manitou or a rockshox (which do seem better these day)

Oh yeah, the knob should either pull off or there will be a little allen bolt through the top, take the knob off and you should be able to get to the footnut, make sure the fork os upside down when you do it!
JohnnyC
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby radical_edward on Mon 13/Mar/06 9:20pm

JohnnyC wrote:
radical_edward wrote: Welcome to the world of Marzocchi ownership. Big dumb forks with big dumb quality control that are the only sensible choice for big dumb riders :thumbsup:


Marzocchi quality control would be the best, on a par with fox as I've never had to warranty a pair. The only issue is that some used to come quite underfilled with oil but this seems to be fixed now. You obviously haven't owned a manitou or a rockshox (which do seem better these day)

Oh yeah, the knob should either pull off or there will be a little allen bolt through the top, take the knob off and you should be able to get to the footnut, make sure the fork os upside down when you do it!


Maybe i should have said 'tolerances'. I loves my Z1s. Had them since early '04. I just pour the oil out and put new oil in now and then and they still ride sweet. I did have to top up the oil every two weeks when I got em though.
radical_edward
User avatar
"Fast-casual."
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 13/Mar/06 9:48pm

Percy Pig wrote:
hotshot wrote:
Percy Pig wrote: Check the bolt is tight, but not too tight, if it is then take them into the shop you got them from and get them to check it out!


its not a bolt on the bottom is a round red knob that you turn to adjust compression.

can u pull the knob off and its there a bolt underneath that u can tighten or something?
I have no idea!

Its LBS time dude!


Seconded, are these forks OEM on a bike, grey market sold (ie on-line) or NZ new??
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby hotshot on Mon 13/Mar/06 10:20pm

not from online. came on a bike i brought brand new there for nz new
hotshot
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 13/Mar/06 10:26pm

hotshot wrote: not from online. came on a bike i brought brand new there for nz new

good on ya

Anyways get to ya LBS quick as, get them to sort it, may need to send them away to Wide open, but he has a good turn around time anyway
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby hotshot on Mon 13/Mar/06 10:39pm

yea they are in the shop now he said should be done by wednesday or friday at the latest unless they have to send them away
hotshot
Member for: 14 years 4 months

- Latest Posts

Who is online

48 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 45 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop