Lance Is Awesome - The Best Doper The World Has Ever Seen

Postby Al_Bushman on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:11pm

Istep will hate me for this thread!! Whatever the rumours, I just love the way this guy rides a bike. Passion, grit, cliche cliche etc! I've always found that watching one of these vide really ups my motivation to smash the road!! Feel free to add your own (& No Rick Rolling!! :hmmm: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zKZS_8_07E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiCIJ2Je ... re=related
Last edited by Al_Bushman on Tue 23/Oct/12 9:09pm, edited 7 times in total.
Al_Bushman
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby istepinyards on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:13pm

As I've said before Al
I hate the man not the athlete :thumbsup:
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Al_Bushman on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:16pm

istepinyards wrote: As I've said before Al
I hate the man not the athlete :thumbsup:

First to post... :D Classic!

Man I want to ride my bike right now!! But it's too late & raining.
Al_Bushman
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby istepinyards on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:18pm

Glad you liked it :thumbsup:
cunzor is a strong enough word for me personally but you can't knock his ability to stomp it on a bike
istepinyards

Postby Roma on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:28pm

I think Lance is fucking legend and his books and watching old races never fails to inspire me.

I really like this clip (from 03 tour):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQDjqAkLUB0
Roma
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby happybaboon on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:30pm

istepinyards wrote:I hate the man not the athlete :thumbsup:

He's nailed Sheryl Crowe and one of the Olsen twins. And he did it with only half a sack full. Also, he's a pretty decent cyclist... and a clean one too!!! Whats not to like about him?
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Oli on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:30pm

I had a guy hassle me about my Livestrong bracelet today. Twice. I bit my tongue but thought it was a tad rude. I don't blame anyone for not being a fan but I am - so what? I'm a thinking man who is allowed to admire who I damn well please...

I think it's like religion or politics - your opinion about MY beliefs are as personal as mine is about yours, so keep it to yourself! :hmmm:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Joel on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:31pm

no rick rolling :(

lance is a legend, amazing athlete. hopefully he does himself justice with this comeback.. going to be great to watch!

that and he has a couple of kiwis on his development team.. so AWESOME :thumbsup:
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Joel on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:31pm

Oli wrote: I had a guy hassle me about my Livestrong bracelet today. Twice. I bit my tongue but thought it was a tad rude. I don't blame anyone for not being a fan but I am - so what? I'm a thinking man who is allowed to admire who I damn well please...

I think it's like religion or politics - your opinion about MY beliefs are as personal as mine is about yours, so keep it to yourself! :hmmm:

name and shame
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby istepinyards on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:33pm

Joel wrote:
Oli wrote: I had a guy hassle me about my Livestrong bracelet today. Twice. I bit my tongue but thought it was a tad rude. I don't blame anyone for not being a fan but I am - so what? I'm a thinking man who is allowed to admire who I damn well please...

name and shame
No need I know who he is talking about :D
istepinyards

Postby Oli on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:35pm

istepinyards wrote:
Joel wrote:

name and shame
No need I know who he is talking about :D
You do??? :0 It wasn't a Vorber - at least, not as far as I'm aware...

I wasn't referring to you, Istep - I know your thoughts and am fine with them. :D
Oli

Postby Oli on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:39pm

By the way, I only bit my tongue because I was in a social context that precluded the response I might otherwise have given. ;)
Oli

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:42pm

Its sad that someone felt the need to hassle you about your (LA's) bracelet.
I agree with you - its fine to be a fan :)

Bing a fan of an athlete is not like Religious beliefs or Potilical preferences - they are to involve not only the personal but have an outworking and effect on communty too. The very word 'politics' speaks of relationship = more than one person :)
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby Spokes on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:47pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
Bing a fan of an athlete is not like Religious beliefs or Potilical preferences

Speak for yourself. LA is God.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby wachtourak on Mon 1/Dec/08 9:48pm

happybaboon wrote:
istepinyards wrote:I hate the man not the athlete :thumbsup:

He's nailed Sheryl Crowe and one of the Olsen twins. And he did it with only half a sack full. Also, he's a pretty decent cyclist... and a clean one too!!! Whats not to like about him?

Sheryl Crow and the Olsen Twins are gross, that's not much of an achievement
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Cycling | Road Cycling | Road Racing - Latest Posts