Krank Dirtwear Hanmer 4 & 8 Hour Mtb Race

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Tue 1/Dec/09 5:37pm

KRANK DIRTWEAR
Hanmer 4&8 Hour MTB Race
Saturday 10th April 2010

With a team of mates, work colleagues, school friends, or even the family, here is an event that is manageable by all. With a team of up to five riders, or if you’re really tough, you could go solo, with a mixture of forest roads and single track riding, what a way to spent an Autumn day in Hanmer Springs. The whole event will be run in daylight, so no need for expensive lighting systems, based out of the Forest Camp grounds, so great facilities and plenty of space to enjoy the MTB Village atmosphere, with time in the evening to enjoy the other delights of Hanmer Springs. Coffee and food will be available on site, loads of Spot Prizes from top Sponsors. Entry forms and more details on http://www.hanmerevents.co.nz.

Category: Junior Team (12-17yrs)
Open Men’s Team (18-34yrs)
Open Women’s Team (18-34)
Vet Men’s Team (35-44yrs)
Vet Women’s Team (35+)
Masters Men’s Team (45+)
Mixed Team (all ages)
Corporate Team (all ages)
School Team (12-17yrs)
Solo Men (18-34)
Solo Women (18-34)
Solo Vet Men (35+)
Solo Vet Women (35+)
Event: 8 Hour $35 per Rider ($20 Juniors)
4 Hour $30 per Rider ($15 Juniors)
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Re: Krank Dirtwear Hanmer 4 & 8 Hour Mtb Race

Postby Nick_K on Mon 22/Feb/10 11:23am

Bump

Super stoked I manage to wrangle some time off work to race this. Who else is racing?

If its as good as the former hamner 12hr will no doubt be a great race. I assume will be a similar course? Anyone know?
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby XCguy on Mon 22/Feb/10 12:05pm

Yeah, I plan to ride round in circles for 8 hours :thumbsup:

There is a map here Nick...
http://www.hanmerevents.co.nz/images/pdfs/4&8hourdownload.pdf
XCguy
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Slim on Mon 22/Feb/10 12:29pm

If you guys are all doing the 8 then I guess I should man up and do the 4...............
Slim
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby JUANGEAR on Mon 22/Feb/10 12:31pm

Come on Slim. I'm keen to Eight it up. You can doo eit. :thumbsup:
JUANGEAR
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby danose on Mon 22/Feb/10 1:08pm

Slim wrote:If you guys are all doing the 8 then I guess I should man up and do the 4...............

I'm old and doing the 4 - so since you're like 1/2 my age surely you should do the 8?
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby herbman on Mon 22/Feb/10 1:08pm

thinking of the 4 myself, thats if i ever feel ok again.
herbman
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Slim on Mon 22/Feb/10 1:15pm

considering I was second to last in Timaru, I think I deserve to ride the 4 :lol:

Even Craig Tolsen beat me, and he only rode for 4 1/2 hours............
Slim

Postby Slim on Mon 22/Feb/10 1:16pm

danose wrote:
Slim wrote:If you guys are all doing the 8 then I guess I should man up and do the 4...............

I'm old and doing the 4 - so since you're like 1/2 my age surely you should do the 8?

1/2 your age, half the time, so that means you should man up and ride the 8.
Slim

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Mon 22/Feb/10 1:20pm

Could someone please give me an idea of what the terrain is like? Steep/mellow tech/easy etc... comparisons to Vegas or Welly would be extra helpful. Thanks heaps :)
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby danose on Mon 22/Feb/10 1:22pm

Slim wrote:
danose wrote:

1/2 your age, half the time, so that means you should man up and ride the 8.

[ looks down ] legs say NO! :p
danose

Postby Slim on Mon 22/Feb/10 1:23pm

Scaredy_Cat wrote:Could someone please give me an idea of what the terrain is like? Steep/mellow tech/easy etc... comparisons to Vegas or Welly would be extra helpful. Thanks heaps :)

I'd say it was similar to A Trail and Tickler. No big ups, no big downs. Probably a little more than mellow and a bit less than steep and mostly intermediate.
Slim

Postby danose on Mon 22/Feb/10 1:24pm

Scaredy_Cat wrote:Could someone please give me an idea of what the terrain is like? Steep/mellow tech/easy etc... comparisons to Vegas or Welly would be extra helpful. Thanks heaps :)

looking on the map I reckon the new course is definitely a touch mellower than the old 12 hr course - those tracks south of the road are real mild (hence fast), no detox etc - not sure what mach1 is going to be like as a climb though (it's the only thing I haven't ridden since it's newish)
danose

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Mon 22/Feb/10 1:39pm

Slim wrote:

I'd say it was similar to A Trail and Tickler. No big ups, no big downs. Probably a little more than mellow and a bit less than steep and mostly intermediate.

Oooh, sounds nice. Thanks for that :thumbsup:
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby grahamt on Mon 22/Feb/10 2:37pm

Slim wrote:

I'd say even easier than those. Theres only two climbs, which are shorter and easier than anything in Tickler - a short 5 min burst up Mach 1, which is an easy single track with a couple of switchbacks, and about 5 minutes up the Jollife Road 4wd track to the skidder site before dropping back down the single track on Timberlands Trail. All the stuff to the south of the road is fast flatish easy grade tracks.
grahamt
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Hanmer Springs | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | North Canterbury | Regions - Latest Posts