Re: Kiwi's Teams For 2012

Postby Oli on Tue 3/Jan/12 11:50am

XCrazy wrote:I don't find the 1400W part that impressive
Ah yes, I forgot you're a top sprinter these days - 1400 is nothing to you, I guess.
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby cruiser on Tue 3/Jan/12 11:54am

I'd be happy with a 400w sprint :blush:

accelerating out of ~80 corners would've been brutal on the pins. Race two had an impressive result too! Cool pics.
cruiser
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Postby brutalfreeride on Tue 3/Jan/12 12:29pm

http://t.co/XqSzBgXT It's not really crit racing, but there are some scary high numbers there... over 1400w off the line and 470w for an hour.
brutalfreeride
"www.kenfeistcx.com"
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby cruiser on Tue 3/Jan/12 12:45pm

F.R.E.A.K :crazy:
cruiser
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Postby XCrazy on Tue 3/Jan/12 3:46pm

Oli wrote:
Ah yes, I forgot you're a top sprinter these days - 1400 is nothing to you, I guess.

I didn't mean it like that and I'm probably just going to dig myself a deeper hole trying to get out of it so I'm just going to leave it there and say sorry :(
XCrazy
"WWJD...... What Would Jens Do?"
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Tue 3/Jan/12 4:51pm

XCrazy wrote:
Oli wrote:

I didn't mean it like that and I'm probably just going to dig myself a deeper hole trying to get out of it so I'm just going to leave it there and say sorry :(

Nah bro, in all fairness - kiwicyco can put out 1800w for about 3 hours. It's just lucky Henderson doesn't ride back-country club races or he'd get smashed.
Dr. Fuentes
Member for: 6 years 3 months

Postby Kiwicyclo on Tue 3/Jan/12 6:36pm

Dr. Fuentes wrote:
XCrazy wrote:
Oli wrote:

Nah bro, in all fairness - kiwicyco can put out 1800w for about 3 hours. It's just lucky Henderson doesn't ride back-country club races or he'd get smashed.

Idiot . . .
Kiwicyclo
"Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded."
Member for: 7 years 1 month

Postby Joel on Wed 4/Jan/12 9:50am

It is the hard racing in the preceding hour, then he hammers out a winning sprint, that is impressive.

Would be more interesting to find out what the 10-20sec power was in the finish sprint, as the 1,400 would be the peak 5sec power.

Road sprinters are not the best sprinters around compared to track riders, but they have the aerobic engine to dual it out through the hard racing to be there at the end. Just look at when Julian Dean, he is a lead out sprinter, but when he comes back to NZ and races.. not many bar another pro-tour rider, can hurt him on the hills in NZ.
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby blitzer maloney on Sun 5/Feb/12 2:44pm

Compact wrote:PBR guys having any joy finding new team slots ???

One for the "malicious rumour" treadmill.

Saw James Oram at the Albania bunch ride today, wearing kiwivelo kit, then noticed his Avanti stickers had been taped over with black tape, coversation as follows -

me - you got a new sponsor?
him - new team.
me - where?
him - the states, heading over in two weeks.
me - sweet, where you based?
him - Boulder
me - cool, trek livestrong then?
him - can't say yet sorry.

I'll take that as a yes....

V.cool if it's true.
blitzer maloney
Member for: 6 years 5 months

Re: Kiwi's Teams For Next Season

Postby Tugboat on Tue 23/Sep/14 11:06am

Good news this morning that Shane Archbold has signed to ride for pro-conti team Bora-Argon18 (renamed Net-App Endura) for 2015. Should be a good step up from AN Post Chain Reaction. :thumbsup:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/sp ... n-the-road

Still no word on the fate of Jack Bauer and George Bennett with the amalgamation of Garmin and Cannondale. Hearsay rumors though that Bauer would be offered a contract extension.

Sam Bewley also off contract at end of season. Again, hearsay from other forums is that he will re-sign with Orica Greenedge.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Re: Kiwi's Teams For Next Season

Postby Tugboat on Thu 9/Oct/14 9:03am

Only rumored at this stage... George Bennett to Lotto.nl (the reincarnation of Team Belkin) next year. Should be good support for Wilco Kelderman in the mountains!
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Cycling | Road Cycling | Road Racing - Latest Posts