Re: Kiwi Brevet - Entries Open Midday Sunday 30th November

Postby znomit on Sat 31/Jan/15 7:30pm

pushbikerider wrote: a Hawaiian pizza for dinner

Just one?
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby mfw on Sun 1/Feb/15 8:29am

Nice one Dean, showing your great Brevet spirit helping other riders, hope you get a drier day today :thumbsup:

Looks like Dave Sharpe is doing his trick of turning his tracker off again towards the end of day 1 to break off any chasers, wonder how far he got last night, could well have been past Hanmer. Would assume his actual position is out in the lead, may be going for sub 3.5 days again, ignoring the official minimum time limit of 4 days...

Work commitments left vorber Brian Alder (Tanadog) with a less than ideal build up to the event, but he is at the sharp end chasing him down, go Brian!
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby Farm on Sun 1/Feb/15 11:05am

I believe Dave has had an injury flare up and is now going to rest and then make his way back to Picton via the Molesworth.
Farm
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 1/Feb/15 8:12pm

correct on the Dave Sharpe pulling out with an old injury flaring up, apparently Dave and Stealth Mode are rolling back to Blenhiem via the molesworth.

I'm in hanmer tonight are enjoying the sedgemere track and the lower molesworth road
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby dave_sharpe on Tue 3/Feb/15 9:14am

mfw wrote:Looks like Dave Sharpe is doing his trick of turning his tracker off again towards the end of day 1 to break off any chasers, wonder how far he got last night, could well have been past Hanmer. Would assume his actual position is out in the lead, may be going for sub 3.5 days again, ignoring the official minimum time limit of 4 days...

Nope, you couldn't have been further from the truth. I'd planned to cruise around in 5.5 - 6 days, but sadly I only had time for 12 rides during January, and was well under-done to even cruise the course.

I hope the weather holds out (at least a little bit) for the folks still out there :)
dave_sharpe
Member for: 3 years 1 month

Postby mfw on Tue 3/Feb/15 2:14pm

dave_sharpe wrote:
mfw wrote:Looks like Dave Sharpe is doing his trick of turning his tracker off again towards the end of day 1 to break off any chasers, wonder how far he got last night, could well have been past Hanmer. Would assume his actual position is out in the lead, may be going for sub 3.5 days again, ignoring the official minimum time limit of 4 days...

Nope, you couldn't have been further from the truth. I'd planned to cruise around in 5.5 - 6 days, but sadly I only had time for 12 rides during January, and was well under-done to even cruise the course.

I hope the weather holds out (at least a little bit) for the folks still out there :)

So I got that wrong didn't I :lol:

Hey thanks for setting the record straight Dave, hope to see you back again next year, do you have any plans e.g. http://touraotearoa.blogspot.co.nz/ ?
Wonder if Ollie Whalley will be making an appearance as he will be back on these shores...

I'm still in awe of your achievement last year, scraping in just before the time cutoff myself just made me all the more appreciative of the insane pace and endurance of the front runners :thumbsup:
mfw
User avatarMedal

Postby mfw on Tue 3/Feb/15 8:17pm

pushbikerider just rolled into town, in good spirits, great to catch up with him again :)
image.jpg
mfw
User avatarMedal

Postby mfw on Wed 4/Feb/15 7:35am

Day 5, and the first full Brevet rider just in, Steve Halligan, 3.9 days elapsed :crazy:
mfw
User avatarMedal

Postby Rik on Wed 4/Feb/15 9:14am

mfw wrote:Day 5, and the first full Brevet rider just in, Steve Halligan, 3.9 days elapsed :crazy:

Thought you weren't allow to finish in under 4 ?
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 5/Feb/15 12:09am

And I'm back in Blenheim, great to be finished
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Slim on Thu 5/Feb/15 7:10am

pushbikerider wrote:And I'm back in Blenheim, great to be finished

Nice work Dean!
Slim
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Rik on Thu 5/Feb/15 7:43am

Awesome job mate
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"

Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby mfw on Thu 5/Feb/15 1:34pm

Grrr, you kept me up late last night, I couldn't go to bed until I knew you were in 'civilisation' (well Rarangi is at least near civilisation LOL).

Glad you made it, well done, great achievement, and good to show it can be done on a 1x10 full suss'er with no lockouts, and even a seat dropper :thumbsup:

So what's the plan for next year, the big one?
mfw
User avatarMedal

Postby CrustyMTB on Thu 5/Feb/15 2:45pm

WOOT!!! Nice job Deano!!
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Cycle Touring | Cycling | Mountain Biking | News - Latest Posts