Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby Nordy on Sun 12/Apr/09 5:52pm

Muriwai was fun. Definatly keen to give that another go.
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby thecharmed01 on Sun 12/Apr/09 11:05pm

I should introduce you to a good friend next time you are in Welly Nordy, he and a mate kitesurfed the cook strait recently LOL

I havent ever seen him in action, but I hear he is actually pretty good. Ballsy too............
He is out on them things every chance he can.
thecharmed01
User avatar
"Slave to Rogue"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby Nordy on Mon 13/Apr/09 10:15am

I read about that. Was pretty cool.
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby jnumbaz on Thu 23/Apr/09 7:41pm

Oh mum look!
IMG_9067.JPG
jnumbaz
User avatar
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby Nordy on Sat 25/Apr/09 4:22pm

Peter Lynn? We picked ours up last weekend. Good fun.
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby MattV on Sat 25/Apr/09 5:02pm

You up and "sailing" Nordy?
MattV
User avatar
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby Nordy on Sat 25/Apr/09 8:46pm

I'm not on the buggy yet, i want to be sure about the flying control first, hubby is though.

He was using my little kite today though as the wind was bloody strong (30knots) and he wasnt sure he wanted to try his big kite in the high winds in such a small park :P
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby jnumbaz on Sun 26/Apr/09 8:38am

Nordy wrote:I'm not on the buggy yet, i want to be sure about the flying control first, hubby is though.

He was using my little kite today though as the wind was bloody strong (30knots) and he wasnt sure he wanted to try his big kite in the high winds in such a small park :P


Getting going is the easy part, stopping in a hurry however... :sly:
I would definitely recommend a beach or massive field for learning in
jnumbaz
User avatar
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby Nordy on Sun 26/Apr/09 8:50am

yeah the park we play in over the road isnt quite big enough, great for the kites though, lots of room. (except when stupid soccer teams take up the whole field)
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby Nordy on Sun 3/May/09 5:48pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nordynz/se ... 611156166/

some shots from today

we had fun, i stood on the landboard and flew my kite today, found the flexideck is more comfy as my feet arnt to far apart. Hubby can have the other one.

was ok about standing ont he board so going to get use to that first before getting used to moving around on it (baby steps)
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby jnumbaz on Sun 3/May/09 5:58pm

Lol at swamped buggy. How what size is that big flexi?
I had the buggy out on the airfield yesterday. The wind was running at about 20gnots so i was trying to get some speed up and do some siqq spins. More often then not I ended up getting dragged outwards by accidentally dropping the kite into the power while was backwards or something. I think a nice d-power foil might be on the cards shortly. ;)
jnumbaz
User avatar
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby jnumbaz on Sun 3/May/09 6:01pm

jnumbaz wrote:Lol at swamped buggy. How what size is that big flexi?
I had the buggy out on the airfield yesterday. The wind was running at about 20gnots so I was trying to get some speed up and do some siqq spins. More often then not I ended up getting dragged outwards by accidentally dropping the kite into the power while was backwards or something. I think a nice d-power foil might be on the cards shortly. ;)


Oh and i've been way too chicken to give my board a good run since i barrelrolled off it in nelson. :blush:
jnumbaz
User avatar
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby Nordy on Sun 3/May/09 6:44pm

the Blurr is a 3.5 so not to big.

omg i got some new handles for my kite as i found the small ones were horrid to hold for longer than 20 mins, kept getting cramp in my hands, was like handlebars that are to small. So i got the fibreglass flexifoil handles, made so much of a difference, can fly with my fingertips if i need to, and it just turns so easily. Would be interesting to see what it would be like on the bigger kite.

He got submerged a few times, enough to kill the phone which was in his bag on the back of the buggy :angry: but that gives me another reason to get a new phone :thumbsup:

our chances of getting permission to use either whenuapai or hobby bases are slim to none, whenuapai always has flying going on, if not the air force plans the small sports club planes. Hobby is off limits for some weird reason.
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby jnumbaz on Sun 3/May/09 7:29pm

Nordy wrote:the Blurr is a 3.5 so not to big.

omg i got some new handles for my kite as i found the small ones were horrid to hold for longer than 20 mins, kept getting cramp in my hands, was like handlebars that are to small. So i got the fibreglass flexifoil handles, made so much of a difference, can fly with my fingertips if i need to, and it just turns so easily. Would be interesting to see what it would be like on the bigger kite.

He got submerged a few times, enough to kill the phone which was in his bag on the back of the buggy :angry: but that gives me another reason to get a new phone :thumbsup:

our chances of getting permission to use either whenuapai or hobby bases are slim to none, whenuapai always has flying going on, if not the air force plans the small sports club planes. Hobby is off limits for some weird reason.


Yeah it's bizarre considering hobbie is pretty much an unused space. How far is it out to Muriwai?
Ive got a wee 2m vibe that i use as my high wind kite and I'm currently running it on a bar, which makes it real nice to control 1 handed on the buggy. I'm getting a waist harness as well, which will hopefully make it a bit easier on the arms during long sessions.
jnumbaz
User avatar
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Re: Kite Landboarders/surfers

Postby Nordy on Sun 3/May/09 8:28pm

sounds like a good idea, i am getting a back brace to try and take the strain off my wrists. Peter Lynn does one, just goes around your back but doesnt strap to anything but the handles. You lean forward and it lets go.

Muriwai is only about 30 mins drive, about the same as going to Woodhill. Its a huge beach too, just need a 4x4 so we can head further up the beach, being near the vehicle entrance is a pain int he Ass! Esepcially when the munters are out for sunday beach skids.

My Sting is good for high wind days when the Blurr is to big, not sure what I am going to get for my big kite, I am in love with a 4m Blade that Kiteworks has in stock, its so purdy, but a very lifty kite. Other option is to steal the Blurr and get hubby a 5m Blurr. Decisions can wait till my bike is bought and paid for though.
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Surf - Latest Posts

Who is online

47 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 45 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop