My Karapoti This Year In Ca

Postby KWJ on Mon 9/Mar/09 1:38pm

Hi Guys

Those that know me know I am in Ca at the moment. Have been here for a year. Anyway I am trying to get serious about XC racing here (Cat 1 level - So Expert or one under the Pros) and have just finished on the same date as the Karapoti the biggest MTBiking Challenge I have ever done. Well bar some of the 12/24hr races but they are different.

Such a different race than the Karapoti. This for me was all about pacing myself.

I have done a blogpost that is for friends/family but I thought you guys might been keen to read about it.

http://kurts-spot.blogspot.com/2009/03/ ... d-off.html

The Race is the Warriors Society Vision Quest. Limited to 175 riders. 92km, all offroad, epic single track. 3 massive climbs. Total Climing was over 3500m. Nuts. The singletrack I had not ridden in this area and the 1000m+ descent on the Upper and Lower Holy Jim Trails was incredible.

Anyway laterz,
Kurt
KWJ
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Re: My Karapoti This Year In Ca

Postby Grant on Mon 9/Mar/09 2:09pm

Good effort! :blink:
Grant
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Colin on Mon 9/Mar/09 2:15pm

Awesome read Kurt - that is some mean as race
Colin
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby KWJ on Mon 9/Mar/09 7:01pm

Hey.

Thanks guys. Was quite the effort. I still feel so satisfyed having completed it.

Man just got back forma weird as movie. Called the Watchmen. Strange is all I can say.

Hope all is well back home.
KWJ
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Mon 9/Mar/09 8:18pm

that was top notch! good luck to you, Kurt!
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 11 years 4 months

California | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Epic Riding | Mountain Biking | North America | Regions | United States of America - Latest Posts