Karapoti Singlespeed Aftermatch Function

Postby Garth on Wed 23/Feb/11 11:45am

Howdy. I thought it would be a good idea again this year to have another curry and lager evening following the race.

At this point in time there are 33 singlespeeds entered in the race and it would be a good idea to continue an annual tradition of mine and get as many of them together in one place.
There is a great Indian restaurant in Upper Hutt called Curry Workz.
As a bonus, they have the large bottles of Kingfisher strong. An excellent accompaniment to any curry dish.

Last year we had a full house of riders there and I'm sure everyone enjoyed themselves.

So, if you are interested in joining me for post-race debrief and bullsh*t-talk, reply to this post or PM me. Questions welcome.
I'd like to get a heads-up of numbers so I know what to warn the restaurant owners about in advance.

Garth
Garth
"My other bike is a..... singlespeed"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Re: Karapoti Singlespeed Aftermatch Function

Postby Garth on Fri 25/Feb/11 11:07am

I forgot to add that it's not just single speeders that this is open to. Especially Bushlovers.

"Just a Kiwi trying to have a good time".

G
Garth

Postby DaveAldred on Fri 25/Feb/11 2:03pm

Damn and dash. I miss this again. I'm at a wedding.

Maybe 2013 for me bro!
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby RussS on Fri 25/Feb/11 2:29pm

Might be in then Garth. I'm too much of a fattie to try this on my fully rigid SS - at least for the first attempt. A good option for the carrying part, but dammit my old arms would be toast on the rugged downhills :blush:
RussS
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby Garth on Fri 25/Feb/11 2:51pm

Cool let me know next week and I'll get some contact details.
Garth

Postby Focker on Fri 25/Feb/11 6:30pm

RussS wrote:Might be in then Garth. I'm too much of a fattie to try this on my fully rigid SS - at least for the first attempt. A good option for the carrying part, but dammit my old arms would be toast on the rugged downhills :blush:

Thats where you've been hiding eh Russ...secret poti training eh :sneaky: . Good work on having a crack this year - as a number of tronites are for the first time.

Good work G on organising the curry and beer night - invitation open to a few Il treno dolore I gather? :paranoid: :thumbsup: Hopefully the post race talk won't be about punctures...
Focker
"Watching you watching me..."
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby Garth on Mon 28/Feb/11 10:33am

Yup, pain train too. Doesn't look too big a gathering at this stage, so the more the merrier.
Garth

Postby Focker on Mon 28/Feb/11 11:16am

:thumbsup: Cheers - you still racing G?

Heard a chinese whisper/rumour you were chasing vampires in the forest and staked yourself in the leg in the process :satan:
Focker
"Watching you watching me..."
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby Garth on Mon 28/Feb/11 3:51pm

Yes, that is true. I was on a training session with Blade, practicing to slay vampires, especially the ones in Twilight and the vampire diaries.
A inch-long piece of something broke off in behind my achilles. Ruined 10 days of Karapoti training.
That sort of thing wouldn't have happend to you though James, it would have been deflected by your impressive calves. The downside of that however is that they will be screaming for mercy as you climb the devil's staircase.
Garth

Postby BiteMe on Mon 28/Feb/11 4:25pm

Focker wrote:
RussS wrote:Might be in then Garth. I'm too much of a fattie to try this on my fully rigid SS - at least for the first attempt. A good option for the carrying part, but dammit my old arms would be toast on the rugged downhills :blush:

Thats where you've been hiding eh Russ...secret poti training eh :sneaky: . Good work on having a crack this year - as a number of tronites are for the first time.

Good work G on organising the curry and beer night - invitation open to a few Il treno dolore I gather? :paranoid: :thumbsup: Hopefully the post race talk won't be about punctures...

Put me down as a Maybe Vampire boy. Can't have Il Draino represent and not The Love Of Bush.

Tigs
BiteMe
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Garth on Tue 1/Mar/11 11:03am

Nice work Tiger, you bringing the missus?
They might even have a stock of Tiger beer for you too.

Curry Workz is on the main drag through Upper Hutt. 92 Main street. 7pm.

If any one else is keen let me know before Thursday arvo so I can book. Otherwise odds and sods can just turn up.

On another note, I was just doing a count up of the number of riders starting in front of the singlespeed start; 191.
Admittedly a lot of those are very quick riders that we will never see. And others we will definitely see.
We've got our work cut out for us on Saturday. I'll be mounting my bell on my bars tonight.
Garth

Postby BiteMe on Tue 1/Mar/11 11:37am

I will be one of the 191 you will be passing :D Shout me a Tiger and I'll let you through easily...
BiteMe
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Garth on Tue 1/Mar/11 12:25pm

With a 10 minute head start, I doubt very much I will see you.

I'll prob shout you a Tiger anyway....
Garth

Postby Garth on Thu 3/Mar/11 3:05pm

Ok, I'm signing off now. Heading down to Wellington with the family.
I won't have access to a computer again so I'll see every one at the race and/or Curry Workz Saturday night.

If you need anymore details my number is 021302835

Word
Garth

Postby ThingOne on Thu 3/Mar/11 3:12pm

Im probably a starter for a curry feast too Garth.. Tigs will be my dial a driver..
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Singlespeed - Latest Posts