Re: Karapoti Singlespeed Aftermatch Function

Postby brutalfreeride on Thu 3/Mar/11 3:18pm

Night time in Upper Hutt... :paranoid: The dress code is either red or blue. :)
brutalfreeride
"www.kenfeistcx.com"
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby Garth on Fri 4/Mar/11 6:04pm

ThingOne wrote:Im probably a starter for a curry feast too Garth.. Tigs will be my dial a driver..

Excellent. The more the merrier. I'll probably need a ride home too.

Dress code: Keep your head down and make no sudden movements.
Garth
"My other bike is a..... singlespeed"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby RussS on Fri 4/Mar/11 6:09pm

Just located the place so I wont be stressed if i don't get off the course until close to meal time :blush:

Locked up in my motel in Uppers with the bike occupying the spare bed :D
RussS
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby Nick_K on Fri 4/Mar/11 6:09pm

Smash 'poti and a beer for me Garth. :thumbsup:
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby BiteMe on Fri 4/Mar/11 6:14pm

Garth wrote:
ThingOne wrote:Im probably a starter for a curry feast too Garth.. Tigs will be my dial a driver..

Excellent. The more the merrier. I'll probably need a ride home too.

Dress code: Keep your head down and make no sudden movements.

LOL, Angry will be drunk after 1 Kingy, this WILL be a funny night :) If we don't see you at the race, see you at the after match function :thumbsup:
BiteMe
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby BiteMe on Sun 6/Mar/11 9:44am

Thanks for sorting out the Curry and Beer Garth, nice to see the Pain Train not up to the challenge again...DNS :sly:
BiteMe
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby RussS on Sun 6/Mar/11 5:18pm

LMAO - I was feeling kind of apprehensive surrounded by butchlove :blink:
RussS

Postby ThingOne on Sun 6/Mar/11 5:34pm

RussS wrote:LMAO - I was feeling kind of apprehensive surrounded by butchlove :blink:

Nice to meet you. :)
Dont forget your crud catcher and USTs for next year.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby RussS on Sun 6/Mar/11 5:41pm

I was gonna loan BiteMe my crud catcher. Wots this UST stuff? ..... double thick tubes for this clydesdale :blush:
RussS

Postby RussS on Sun 6/Mar/11 5:43pm

Oh yer - some pretty damned good performances by the butchlove bunch ... congrats guys.

On another note - I was a bit concerned about Garth showing us his nipple when he arrived ..... the young waitress did a double take and started eyeing him up :D
RussS

Postby Focker on Sun 6/Mar/11 6:01pm

BiteMe wrote:Thanks for sorting out the Curry and Beer Garth, nice to see the Pain Train not up to the challenge again...DNS :sly:

:blush: yeah apologies boys (and Garth), personally my delayed concussion hit me hard so ended up feeling not so good and on the couch at the motel for the evening....until the fire alarm went off in the complex that is :hmmm: Fire engines got there quick though :thumbsup: . Today I am broken + bike is another story....

Good to see you lovers of the bush get podiums in the oldies expert race though :thumbsup: . Other PT headed home with tails between their legs, having lost to poti with either DNF's, broken bikes and souls the reasoning. Hard day all round :crazy: .

You survived an epic one there Russ and good work on making it to the beer and curry - possibly the highlight of the weekend??
Focker
"Watching you watching me..."
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby Garth on Mon 7/Mar/11 11:14am

Yes, thanks to those who turned up. The Kingfishers certainly make good pain killers.
I must say that it was also a pleasant surprise to meet a Mrs Angry who wasn't angry.

As for smashing the Poti. It was the Poti's turn to smash me this year. Had a real bad night last night with no position comfortable to sleep in. Doc says that it will be day 3-4 when it becomes the most painful. Can't wait.
Garth
"My other bike is a..... singlespeed"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby RussS on Mon 7/Mar/11 3:11pm

LMAO - don't worry Garth, it could be worse. My last motocross national I broke 8 ribs and slept in a Lay-z-boy for about 10 days - that was at about 10 years ago :blush:
RussS

Postby Focker on Mon 7/Mar/11 6:22pm

Garth wrote:As for smashing the Poti. It was the Poti's turn to smash me this year. Had a real bad night last night with no position comfortable to sleep in. Doc says that it will be day 3-4 when it becomes the most painful. Can't wait.

:withstupid:

yep smashed me too bro....(not that I smash karapoti like you do to be fare, but that was sort of the plan this year).

Where did you crash?
When you saw me, I was out to lunch, (still trying to figure out why my rear wheel still wouldn't go around 20 minutes after I'd crashed)....turns out my rear brake caliper bracket was bent into the rotor so the rear bolt holding the caliper on was doing a nice job as a brake as my front brake was gone as well.
I took the bolts out up dopers so at least it sort of made the wheel go round (I didn't want to walk up hill as well as down). Made it to the finish and didn't dnf so happy with that.
Focker
"Watching you watching me..."
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Singlespeed - Latest Posts