Re: Is It Just Me Or...

Postby gristle on Mon 5/Aug/13 7:40pm

I think that trail in Belmont was an extreme example of trail grooming. Sure some other trails get maintenance of some type but this is just part and parcel of having trails on someone else's land, trails that the owner has given permission for and trails the builders would like to be there still in thirty years.

There seems to be an underground feeling of entitlement when it comes to tracks, even when said entitled ones benefit from something they put no effort into creating.
gristle
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby pedalingkiwi on Mon 5/Aug/13 8:37pm

mudlover/hater wrote:I love this...

Is it just me or are there more and more people whining about trails getting dumbed down? I almost think that if the percentage of whiney riders is the same as 5 years ago but there's more of them maybe that means there are more riders in general than 5 years ago. This could mean that the so-called dumbed down trails are doing their job... Getting more bums on bikes.

If the trails near your house are too easy on your DH sled then give them a crack on a Raleigh 20 or a kids 16" bmx. That'll keep you honest.

And if your still not satisfied, look into how you can get into building or helping building a track you DO like. We're pretty spoiled for choice here in Wellington....

best post yet.

Lots of self serving "I just want the tracks to be the the way I like them" going on (in various parts of the country) Won't somebody just think of the other guy or gal (and the dedicated, & at times like these disillusioned, trail pixies) sometime !!??
pedalingkiwi
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby R+P+K on Thu 8/Aug/13 12:32pm

happybaboon wrote:If one does not build tracks, one should not complain.

Most people don't build roads either, but that doesn't stop everyone complaining about badly made ones.
R+P+K
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby gristle on Thu 8/Aug/13 1:36pm

Yes, but pretty much every road user pays for the roads. Is that the case with trails?
gristle
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Farm on Thu 8/Aug/13 5:36pm

gristle wrote:Yes, but pretty much every road user pays for the roads. Is that the case with trails?

Except cyclists, those bludgers should be made to pay registration if they're going to ponce about on the roads in their spandex.
Farm
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Lower North Island | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts