Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby its that guy on Sat 15/May/10 1:06am

wuffy wrote:I feel another long spew of bad puns coming..... :crazy:

From you?
its that guy
User avatar
"Lurkin"
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby bmansteve on Sat 15/May/10 1:43am

happybaboon wrote:
bmansteve wrote:
dented wrote:
happybaboon wrote:
dented wrote:Dead righth. That snappy Phil Goff is such a cad.

He's been in politics for decades and he's never accused anyone of being a cannibal!
You do realise they were cannibals. Unashamed part of Tuhoe history as I understand it. Goff is so scared to upset anyone he would call a spade a manual digging tool able to be used by any human male or female, young or old, maari or pakeha alike, provided that prior permission is sought from the landowner, and all provisions set by OSH are met, including the wearing of all applicable safety equipment.


I agree, Maori have (and should be) proud of their heritage, why should this exclude cannibalism?

Loads of cultures gloss over less-admirable parts of their past - when was the last time you heard anyone tut-tutting the Allied carpet fire bombing of Dresden in WW2, or how about how our very own Royal Family are all a bunch of cousin-fucking inbreds? :eh:

If current-day Tuhoe don't want people to joke about certain less than ideal incidents involving their ancestors then fair enough.

that's hardly a fair comparison: a disproportionate response against the 'axis of evil' vs a historically culturally acceptable part of life.... hmm take it on the chin. the media is the group that's making a big deal of it any how.
bmansteve
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby bmansteve on Sat 15/May/10 1:43am

happybaboon wrote:
bmansteve wrote:
dented wrote:
happybaboon wrote:
dented wrote:Dead righth. That snappy Phil Goff is such a cad.

He's been in politics for decades and he's never accused anyone of being a cannibal!
You do realise they were cannibals. Unashamed part of Tuhoe history as I understand it. Goff is so scared to upset anyone he would call a spade a manual digging tool able to be used by any human male or female, young or old, maari or pakeha alike, provided that prior permission is sought from the landowner, and all provisions set by OSH are met, including the wearing of all applicable safety equipment.


I agree, Maori have (and should be) proud of their heritage, why should this exclude cannibalism?

Loads of cultures gloss over less-admirable parts of their past - when was the last time you heard anyone tut-tutting the Allied carpet fire bombing of Dresden in WW2, or how about how our very own Royal Family are all a bunch of cousin-fucking inbreds? :eh:

If current-day Tuhoe don't want people to joke about certain less than ideal incidents involving their ancestors then fair enough.

that's hardly a fair comparison: a disproportionate response against the 'axis of evil' vs a historically culturally acceptable part of life.... hmm take it on the chin. the media is the group that's making a big deal of it any how.
bmansteve
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby Fraser on Sat 15/May/10 5:09am

Seems you can't make fun of Maori culture or Apple corporation otherwise you get into trouble. :(
Fraser
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby slowMTB on Sat 15/May/10 9:54am

Oli wrote:Not as stupid as SlowMTB though. ;)


Cheers Oli

:lol:
slowMTB
User avatar
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 15/May/10 10:11am

If you had any idea you'd know that
bubbaa wrote:burning villages and crops and then conficating land and imprisoning your leaders
for Tuhoe didn't
bubbaa wrote:occur during the land wars.
Mmmmmkay

If you learn something you can enter the discussion without having to
bubbaa wrote:try to use ESP to understand exactlly what you mean in the absence if detail next time OK :)
I'll assume you have no knowledge of anything that can't be summed up in a soundbite next time, just for you eh?!

By the way I actually wrote
bubbaa wrote:close minded white retards
in reference to someone else but hey if the sideways trucker cap, dungarees and cousin fucking fit then you, your banjo and your kin can all join in and feel insulted as well.

I'll tell you what, I'll get a dictionary, if you get a 4th form social studies book on NZ history and half a clue about the topic being dicussed. You may also need to look up "illiterate" because I can read real good, Hmmmmmm ok? HTH champ :)
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby bubbaa on Sat 15/May/10 12:28pm

take a big deep breath crusty

I'm not insulted by your opinion, In fact I probably agree largely with your opinion. Unfortunately you start off introducing irrelevance that could be generalised to many atrocities occurring during land wars, in a manner which doesn't make it clear to what you refer. With your superior intellect you should be able to understand that mere mortals don't intuit the details of your introduced irrelevancies.

Why all the aggression and insults? – If you stopped being so angry and aggressive about this you may actually find that people are much more prepared to listen to your point of view. You may have observed that when people are presented with angry diatribe they tend to get turned off. Your attitude doesn’t help you forward your point of view. I don’t need sound-bites, I need well thought out rational well presented relevant arguments – in your case fail, fail, fail. (which is sad because I suspect I am largely in sympathy with your point of view)

It seems that anyone who challenges you is consigned to the blah blah “white retard hick’ bin immediately – fantastic for your rigid view of the world – you can immediately devalue and denigrate the person and the opinion. Keeps your world nice and simple eh?

Maybe you could consider the possibility that if you didn't get so aggressive abusive and apparently self righteous and superior, you might get more people to listen to your point of view and come to understand it. Consider the possibility that the way you present your argument just turns people off.

good luck with that

sorry you didn’t get the deliberate fail on illiterate , I wont try backhanded irony again

tempting as it is I wont make any comments about heritage, dress, race, musical instruments or dinner invitations – I’ll stick to what I see in front of me and avoid bigoted diatribe - maybe you could try that too?

love and cuddles.
bubbaa
User avatar
"bite me"
Member for: 7 years 7 months

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby j2hyde on Sat 15/May/10 7:09pm

Fraser wrote:Seems you can't make fun of Maori culture or Apple corporation otherwise you get into trouble. :(


Labour fanbois, ipeople and PC wowsers are all oxygen thieves. :)
j2hyde
User avatar
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby Oli on Sat 15/May/10 7:35pm

j2hyde wrote:
Fraser wrote:Seems you can't make fun of Maori culture or Apple corporation otherwise you get into trouble. :(


Labour fanbois, ipeople and PC wowsers are all oxygen thieves. :)

Making fun of Maori culture is one thing, but it's quite another for the leader of our nation to do it.
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby j2hyde on Sat 15/May/10 7:49pm

Especially a white motherfucker like the pm. He should definitely be expected to behave to a standard that other people wouldn't want themselves held to.
j2hyde
User avatar
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby Oli on Sat 15/May/10 7:54pm

He definitely should be leading by example, not helping drive a wedge between "us" and "them", or playing to racial stereotypes.
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby slidecontrol on Sat 15/May/10 7:56pm

dented wrote:Meh, bite me



head over Tuhoe way bro, they'll sort ya out :thumbsup:
slidecontrol
User avatar
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 15/May/10 9:06pm

bubbaa wrote:take a big deep breath crusty

I'm not insulted by your opinion, In fact I probably agree largely with your opinion. Unfortunately you start off introducing irrelevance that could be generalised to many atrocities occurring during land wars, in a manner which doesn't make it clear to what you refer. With your superior intellect you should be able to understand that mere mortals don't intuit the details of your introduced irrelevancies.

Why all the aggression and insults? – If you stopped being so angry and aggressive about this you may actually find that people are much more prepared to listen to your point of view. You may have observed that when people are presented with angry diatribe they tend to get turned off. Your attitude doesn’t help you forward your point of view. I don’t need sound-bites, I need well thought out rational well presented relevant arguments – in your case fail, fail, fail. (which is sad because I suspect I am largely in sympathy with your point of view)

It seems that anyone who challenges you is consigned to the blah blah “white retard hick’ bin immediately – fantastic for your rigid view of the world – you can immediately devalue and denigrate the person and the opinion. Keeps your world nice and simple eh?

Maybe you could consider the possibility that if you didn't get so aggressive abusive and apparently self righteous and superior, you might get more people to listen to your point of view and come to understand it. Consider the possibility that the way you present your argument just turns people off.

good luck with that

sorry you didn’t get the deliberate fail on illiterate , I wont try backhanded irony again

tempting as it is I wont make any comments about heritage, dress, race, musical instruments or dinner invitations – I’ll stick to what I see in front of me and avoid bigoted diatribe - maybe you could try that too?

love and cuddles.
Thank you for your response, I went aggro because I'd had a shit day at work and was spoiling for a fight, and your first post in response was insulting so I responded in kind, probably an over-reaction. Mainly I was looking for an argument, hence the "whitetrash" troll. Troll gone wrong huh (Vorb these days is a different place).

I wouldn't say anyone who challenges me gets pigeonholed, apart from into informed or not. And quite frankly all your responses have been insulting, so pot meet kettle.
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sat 15/May/10 9:10pm

It's about time Key put those Maoris in their proper place, they'll be running the country if things carry on like they are. Am I right?
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 15/May/10 9:12pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:It's about time Key put those Maoris in their proper place, they'll be running the country if things carry on like they are. Am I right?
Word up, they'll put us rich white men in second place and we can't have that.
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

55 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], pushbikerider, Scotty and 51 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles