Re: John Key Tells A Cannibal Joke About Tuhoe

Postby happybaboon on Fri 14/May/10 10:27pm

To be fair to John, NZ made it's self a joke when it elected a fool puppet to be it's prime minister.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dented on Fri 14/May/10 10:30pm

Dead righth. That snappy Phil Goff is such a cad.
dented
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Nick_K on Fri 14/May/10 10:31pm

BRING BACK HELEN!
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby happybaboon on Fri 14/May/10 10:33pm

dented wrote:Dead righth. That snappy Phil Goff is such a cad.

He's been in politics for decades and he's never accused anyone of being a cannibal!
happybaboon

Postby Nick_K on Fri 14/May/10 10:36pm

happybaboon wrote:

He's been in politics for decades and he's never accused anyone of being a cannibal!

The real question is if he did would anyone listen or care?
Last edited by Nick_K on Fri 14/May/10 10:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby dented on Fri 14/May/10 10:39pm

happybaboon wrote:

You do realise they were cannibals. Unashamed part of Tuhoe history as I understand it. Goff is so scared to upset anyone he would call a spade a manual digging tool able to be used by any human male or female, young or old, maari or pakeha alike, provided that prior permission is sought from the landowner, and all provisions set by OSH are met, including the wearing of all applicable safety equipment.
dented

Postby bubbaa on Fri 14/May/10 10:48pm

CrustyMTB wrote:
bubbaa wrote:
CrustyMTB wrote:
I'm disappointed that "that nice man"TM John Key (our PM) is stupid enough to have
a) misread the thoughts of his core electorate in getting too buddy buddy with the Maori party (over conceding on the foreshore and seabed reform, and then secretly signing the declaration on the rights of indigenous people without any public discussion);
b) gone to over correct by backing down on a promise he made with Tuhoe; and
c) has now either insulted Tuhoe on purpose to correct his public image with close minded white retards, or was stupid enough to made a rather bad faux pas with terrible timing.

But hey it's just a joke ok? And that little misunderstanding over burning villages and crops and then conficating land and imprisoning your leaders on trumped up charges is all historical. As is our brave boys were getting shafted by the Brits/Turks/Germans in Galipolli/France/Belgium, but we're proud of one of these events and get all solemn while at the same time we all conveniently forgot about the other.

If you're really so stupid, please never vote again, or breed...

calm down - I'm no fan of National, but you are believing all the stuff on one side of the story.
I can agree with you on a)
b) so tuhoe say - have we heard the other side yet
c)a bad faux pas is purely your judgement - a large number of NZers believe that some in this country are just a bit too precious and that it wasnt a particularly bad faux pas

Then you go on about land wars - no one has tried to suggest they were funny or OK - what relevance to his silly joke?

Maybe you should stop taking the arrogant pills and consider that its just possible that other opinions than your own are allowed to have an airing. And that people with opinions other than your own may actually be your intellectual or moral equals?? :hmmm:
Maybe you should get informed about your nations history? The New Zealand Wars occurred between 1840's and 1880's. The historical events I referred to occurred in 1915.
If you're going to have an opinion, have an informed opinion, or expect to get called on it. I make (and made) no comments on my morals or intellect, or yours. I may be arrogant but better that than ignorant. Hmmmmm

Possibly give up the pompous juice too :lol: . Unfortunately you were unclear about to what you referred and i have it on good authority that plenty of
burning villages and crops and then conficating land and imprisoning your leaders
occurred during the land wars. I will try to use ESP to understand exactlly what you mean in the absence if detail next time OK :)
By the way you actually wrote
close minded white retards
really so stupid
- so if you are so sure that you really think you didn't refer to intellectual capacity, maybe you should get a dictionary out and look up both those words and while you're there look up illiterate. get it :lol:
bubbaa
"bite me"
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Postby j2hyde on Fri 14/May/10 10:52pm

All you cunzors need to get a sense of humour.
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."

Postby dented on Fri 14/May/10 10:55pm

Meh, bite me
dented

Postby happybaboon on Fri 14/May/10 10:57pm

Nick_K wrote:
happybaboon wrote:

The real question is if he did would anyone listen or care?

It's sad that Labour lost all of it's snappy top line :(

I'm hoping Iain Lees-Galloway ends up moving to the top of that party fairly rapidly... He's got a nice smile like John Key has (perhaps nicer, even!), AND he's sensible rather than being a hapless boob. Win win!
happybaboon

Postby bubbaa on Fri 14/May/10 10:57pm

j2hyde wrote:All you cunzors need to get a sense of humour.

true
bubbaa
"bite me"
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Postby bmansteve on Sat 15/May/10 12:16am

dented wrote:
happybaboon wrote:

You do realise they were cannibals. Unashamed part of Tuhoe history as I understand it. Goff is so scared to upset anyone he would call a spade a manual digging tool able to be used by any human male or female, young or old, maari or pakeha alike, provided that prior permission is sought from the landowner, and all provisions set by OSH are met, including the wearing of all applicable safety equipment.

I agree, Maori have (and should be) proud of their heritage, why should this exclude cannibalism?
bmansteve
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 15/May/10 12:41am

bmansteve wrote:
dented wrote:
happybaboon wrote:

I agree, Maori have (and should be) proud of their heritage, why should this exclude cannibalism?

Loads of cultures gloss over less-admirable parts of their past - when was the last time you heard anyone tut-tutting the Allied carpet fire bombing of Dresden in WW2, or how about how our very own Royal Family are all a bunch of cousin-fucking inbreds? :eh:

If current-day Tuhoe don't want people to joke about certain less than ideal incidents involving their ancestors then fair enough.
happybaboon

Postby happybaboon on Sat 15/May/10 12:50am

Anyway, I bet this incident is still nibbling away at John Key. The media will continue to feast upon him for some time I would say - they've got a taste for him, you know!
happybaboon

Postby wuffy on Sat 15/May/10 12:59am

I feel another long spew of bad puns coming..... :crazy:
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 7 months

National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts