Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby iodi on Tue 1/Jun/10 1:44pm

happybaboon wrote:I'm not Jewish. My concept of Satan differs. My idea of Satan comes from a mixture of South Park and Christianity, which in my mind makes him a pretty bad dude. That's my point - that the Israelis are pretty bad dudes (bad dudes who have sex with Saddam Hussein in hell).

Luck Saddam.

In any case, I actually agree with you on this subject, based on what I've seen in the media. However, given the propensity of the media to put their own spin on events, it is difficult to be sure about what really happened. As a general rule, the media tend to be a fact-free zone and so should not be relied upon for anything.
iodi
User avatar
"I like dolphins"
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby Fraser on Wed 2/Jun/10 5:14am

Well this is a video released to the media from the israeli perspective. Gentiles please note the yellow circled acts. A deck chair and a pole. Which explains the reason that they opened fire on the passengers of the aptly named "Freedom of the Mediterranean"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/7791546/Video-shows-Israeli-commandos-attacked-on-aid-ship.html
Fraser
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby mr splodge on Wed 2/Jun/10 10:06am

The commandos were attacked, that is a given, but what right did they have to board the vessel in international waters in the first place? People here argue for their right to defend their homes from burglars, but these aid workers don't have a right to defend their ship from agression?
mr splodge
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby musket on Wed 2/Jun/10 10:25am

I think Fraser is using sarcasm to highlight the unjustified use of deadly force.
musket
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby schlek1 on Wed 2/Jun/10 7:15pm

While I dont agree with the whole operation and decision to board by Israel I cant help but ask myself why on earth
you would attack special force marines with blunt instruments and alledgedly knives and guns and not think someone was
going to get killed by a soldiers bullet ? Some of those video shots show 4-5 people going to town with weapons on some of those soldiers. The soldiers didnt ask to be there they were told and the authority would have come from high end government. What are they to do when attacked with such vigour ? Wasnt there fault there was piss poor Intel and crap planning involved.

If those onboard were purely activists then I would have thought the right thing to do would be to come quietly and take on the authorities through other more peaceful means and not attack them with weapons. Then the 9 or so killed would still be alive.
schlek1
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby j2hyde on Wed 2/Jun/10 7:19pm

All you terrorist loving anti-Semite hippies need to brush up on your international law.

Start with the San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflicts at Sea:
http://www.icrc.org/web/eng/siteeng0.nsf/html/57JMSU#5

Note the Israeli blockade of Palestine is legal. And the attempt to run the blockade was not. Note also that Israel has the right under international law to use military force to prevent people from running the blockade.

About the only thing the Israelis are guilty of was botching the operation and getting bad press for it. :)

And why aren't you all bleating about the lack of attempts to run the blockade from Egypt? Hypocrisy much? :eh:
j2hyde
User avatar
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby Tugboat on Wed 2/Jun/10 7:25pm

schlek1 wrote:While I dont agree with the whole operation and decision to board by Israel I cant help but ask myself why on earth
you would attack special force marines with blunt instruments and alledgedly knives and guns and not think someone was
going to get killed by a soldiers bullet ?


Because if some cunzors boarded my ship in the middle of the night and opened fire with paintball guns (WTF????) I sure as hell wouldn't be thinking that they were commandos.
Tugboat
User avatar
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby schlek1 on Wed 2/Jun/10 7:35pm

Tugboat wrote:
schlek1 wrote:While I dont agree with the whole operation and decision to board by Israel I cant help but ask myself why on earth
you would attack special force marines with blunt instruments and alledgedly knives and guns and not think someone was
going to get killed by a soldiers bullet ?


Because if some cunzors boarded my ship in the middle of the night and opened fire with paintball guns (WTF????) I sure as hell wouldn't be thinking that they were commandos.


I think the Israeli helicopters in the sky might have been a giveway as to who they were.

And it would be a pretty weak defence to say "i thought they were just cunzors"
schlek1
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby landscaper on Wed 2/Jun/10 9:33pm

I was lucky enough to spend 5 months last year working in the West Bank, Palestine. One thing I learnt was that the Israelis do what they want, when they want and care nothing about what pain or suffering they cause.

I am a pretty easy going Kiwi bloke but came away from the area absolutely hating Israel & Israelis (I must say in general as I met and made friends with a few).

When you see the abuse and suffering they put Palestinians through (think of cutting off water to Palestinians on peak summer days or preventing Palestinian ambulances from getting to a Palestinian hospital so the patient dies in the ambulance #$%^&*) you have to wonder. What happened to them years ago they are now doing to another people !!! Why ???

It is so nice to see that the world is now taking notice of what is going on over there. Hopefully Israel will be told to pull it's head in!
landscaper
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby CrustyMTB on Wed 2/Jun/10 9:47pm

j2hyde wrote:All you terrorist loving anti-Semite hippies need to brush up on your international law.

Start with the San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflicts at Sea:
http://www.icrc.org/web/eng/siteeng0.nsf/html/57JMSU#5

Note the Israeli blockade of Palestine is legal. And the attempt to run the blockade was not. Note also that Israel has the right under international law to use military force to prevent people from running the blockade.

About the only thing the Israelis are guilty of was botching the operation and getting bad press for it. :)

And why aren't you all bleating about the lack of attempts to run the blockade from Egypt? Hypocrisy much? :eh:
Ummmmmmm... it would be legal if there was a war on, there isn't, not since 1967, so fail, you injuneering/rock smashing types shouldn't try and do law HTH.

There is the national security argument but the IDF would need to prove that they had strong grounds to suspect there were arms/belligerents on the vessels, I'm betting that they didn't. Otherwise forcibly boarding a foreign flagged vessel without a formal declaration of on war the high seas = piracy, or illegal armed conflict.

Of course Israel is a special case, so the rules don't apply, cause god said they're special...
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby CrustyMTB on Wed 2/Jun/10 9:54pm

j2hyde wrote:Terrorist loving anti-Semite...
But the terrorists are semites too? Am I anti or loving?
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby nzmatto on Wed 2/Jun/10 10:02pm

I think we need a Palestinian state. As in a legal country created like Israel was. I think we are probably within about 5 years of that happening. Things will get worse before they get better though.
nzmatto
User avatar
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby Kazmeistyr on Wed 2/Jun/10 10:06pm

Bah. What can anyone else do? Any outsider gets involved= instant fuck up.

Leave them to squabble over their pile of dust. One of them might lose horribly enough to piss off and annoy some other god bothering nation of fruitcakes. Another 1000 years and we might be lucky enough to have evolved past believing in folk tales and fictitious virgins.

Israel will get it in the ass soon enough. The dickhead yanks may give up trying to play Rambo, at which point Israeli's will be frantically stocking up on lube. For the feeeesting.
Kazmeistyr
User avatar
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby j2hyde on Wed 2/Jun/10 10:34pm

CrustyMTB wrote: it would be legal if there was a war on, there isn't, not since 1967
Ahhh, I forgot, all that shooting and bombing and killing stuff thats been going on since then is just a lovers tiff.

In that case, let the Jew baiting continue :satan:
j2hyde
User avatar
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Israel = Meshugganah Pirate Nation

Postby znomit on Wed 2/Jun/10 10:48pm

nzmatto wrote:I think we need a Palestinian state. As in a legal country created like Israel was.


Lets give them the Kapiti coast.
znomit
User avatar
Member for: 9 years 4 months

International Politics | National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

64 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 58 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles