This topic has not been added to any channels. This will make it hard for users to find. Type relevant channels into the Add Channel box to add them.

Postby Rooney on Fri 18/Aug/06 9:18pm

dude that was like a huge walldrop to a relativly flat landing and everyone was caseing hard, plus look at the angle he is coming into landing on :crazy:
normal_chch_nats0009.jpg
Last edited by Rooney on Fri 18/Aug/06 9:19pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rooney
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby MVink on Fri 18/Aug/06 9:18pm

MattyD wrote: thats a hard as landing tho...
i mean i would like to see anybike take that and not do what the sunday did there!

It can be done smooth.
MVink
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby MattyD on Fri 18/Aug/06 9:20pm

MycoolManic wrote:
MattyD wrote: thats a hard as landing tho...
i mean i would like to see anybike take that and not do what the sunday did there!

It can be done smooth.

yeah like you :) nah i was meaning with a landing like that it would be hard for a bike not to do that
:)
MattyD
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby tripleh on Fri 18/Aug/06 9:20pm

XxGrantxX wrote: Yeap. Perfect for downhill racing and Downhill shuttle runs. But more suited to an relativly experienced rider to get the most out of them with their kinky handling.

You dont have to be a experienced rider to get the most out of it as a 14 year old i no went from a kona scrap to his ironhorse and he rips.

They seem to pedal sweet and feel nice to ride.
tripleh
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby phunk on Fri 18/Aug/06 9:21pm

Isnt the point of having suspension that you will use it all at some point?
phunk
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Rooney on Fri 18/Aug/06 9:25pm

phunk wrote: Isnt the point of having suspension that you will use it all at some point?

exactly and go and look at the photos of walldropper at nationals every single bike bottomed out!!there is many good shots of riders hitting it at www.nzsnaps.com
Rooney
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby Stun on Fri 18/Aug/06 9:45pm

The point isn't that it bottoms out on big drops.
It's that the BB is very low, and the suspension isn't overly progressive, meaning it reaches full travel quickly, which it turn can mean it bottoms the guide out on obstacles that wouldn't normally catch out other bikes.

They are reknowned for their cornering ability, but also for some weird pedal kickback action... The early frames had pivot issues - and from memory, the first generation bikes where all warrantied.
Stun
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby DHGazza on Fri 18/Aug/06 10:24pm

That landing was a sand pit, and you could not carry/ride through it unless carrying alot of speed.
DHGazza
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby MattyD on Fri 18/Aug/06 10:27pm

DHGazza wrote: That landing was a sand pit, and you could not carry/ride through it unless carrying alot of speed.

exactly :thumbsup:
MattyD
Member for: 13 years 2 months

- Latest Posts