Information On Riding In Naseby Wanted

Postby _the_Oli_ on Mon 25/Jul/05 2:00pm

anybody ridden naseby recently? last time i was there was in '97 i think. easy to find all the tracks or are there any particular directions to the best rides?

anyone know what the weather's been like there recently? thinking of heading there this weekend

cheers
O.
_the_Oli_
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby psychavoc on Mon 25/Jul/05 2:09pm

They've got some winter festival/opening of the new curling rink last weekend/this week going on so maybe it'll still be quite busy there this weekend. :eh:

Haven't been out there for a few months for the Naseby 12 hour but last I looked it was pretty easy to find all/most of the trails. There's maps available at the pub anyways! :thumbsup:
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Vinnie on Mon 25/Jul/05 2:38pm

Was there in the weekend...

Most of the tracks are running pretty sweet and maily dry - there is the odd wet and boggy bit though.

Most tracks are easy to find and follow and pretty much lead in all directions for the camping ground. As psych said you can get a map from the Royal in town.

Other than that there is an area from the cemetry over to one of the forresty roads that is currently closed for logging but is only marked from one track entrance and then almost right at the end of the track - so its a bit misleading (and the trail is still rideable and visible, we only found out the section we rode was closed because we went back to the cemetry on another ride later and saw the yellow tape and sign).
Vinnie
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Cycling | Lower South Island | New Zealand | Otago | Regions - Latest Posts