Industry 9 Bearing Replacement In Nz? Canadian Needs Help.

Postby dutch on Fri 7/Feb/14 2:02pm

Hey guys. My rear industry 9 torch inner freehub bearing failed. xx1 Cassette is flopping around. :(

How do I replace this with reasonable speed? I'm currently in nelson and will be back on the north island on the 16th. I'm currently over from Vancouver on a mountain biking trip, so its a bit shit for this to happen now.
dutch
Member for: 4 years 6 months

Re: Industry 9 Bearing Replacement In Nz? Canadian Needs Help.

Postby Velocipedestrian on Fri 7/Feb/14 2:23pm

Niner Bikes are the local distributors.
Flick them an email.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby blingpusher on Fri 7/Feb/14 3:33pm

Hey Dutch,
We're the NZ Distributors for Industry Nine. We've got Torch bearing kits in stock and will get one down to you via a Nelson bike shop if nescessary. That said you may be able to source a bearing locally as they're not an uncommon size. If the freehub is moving chances are the bearing that has gone bad is a 61803. Have a look at the schematics and hub service guide and flick me an email (allan@ninerbikes.co.nz) if you need further assistance.

http://www.industrynine.net/files/files ... iagram.pdf

http://www.industrynine.net/files/files ... de_mtn.pdf
blingpusher
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby dutch on Fri 7/Feb/14 5:02pm

Thanks guys, I got lucky and was able to score a 61803 at bearing shop in Richmond. Totally didn't think that would happen. Thanks to Thomas at revolution cycles in Wellington (niner dealer) for suggesting this route!
dutch
Member for: 4 years 6 months

Bicycle Repair | Cycling - Latest Posts