Re: Ideas For Annoying The Bogan Neighbours

Postby sifter on Thu 1/Oct/09 9:38am

j2hyde wrote:
Drwho wrote:Regarding talking to the landlord. Single mum owns the house,

The ultimate revenge solution presents itself. Solo mums often crave a bit of lovin. Have some really loud dirty solo mum sex within earshot of the young bogans. The sounds of their mother screaming while you pound her nuss will haunt them forever :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
sifter
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby JohnDH on Thu 1/Oct/09 10:06am

sifter wrote:
j2hyde wrote:
Drwho wrote:Regarding talking to the landlord. Single mum owns the house,

The ultimate revenge solution presents itself. Solo mums often crave a bit of lovin. Have some really loud dirty solo mum sex within earshot of the young bogans. The sounds of their mother screaming while you pound her nuss will haunt them forever :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:crazy: They're probably already used to how mum goes around their 'spunky' mates after a few JDs ...

Superglue + keyholes = (immobilised + locksmith / keyless entry). Superglue + door handles + keyholes = no go till morning + taxi + locksmith or dealer. :)

Getting caught = (charged +- beaten and property vandalised) :hmmm:
JohnDH
"Undulating"
Member for: 8 years 8 months

Postby philstar on Thu 1/Oct/09 10:27am

pushbikerider wrote:lock-nuts any-one? you won't get them off , unless they're real losers with POS civics/R30 skylines on stolen rims
oh and I woudn't mess with their cars, it could be quite bad for the neighbourhood , let alone really bad for you if you get caught

a decent pair of vice grips will undo most locknuts, as it's hard to do them up that tight with the funny key thing. but dont do it as if you damage any thing you will legaly be in the shit.
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby mark2c on Thu 1/Oct/09 10:34am

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
mark2c wrote:Don't waste too much time with sound treatment of your bedroom. Typically it is difficult achieving a 10dB reduction in noise level for retrofits. Your hearing will easily adapt (wind up its internal volume control) such that you'll hear it pretty much like you did before. Noise masking (eg some of your own music down reasonably low) is probably a cheaper and better option. Sorry to be the carrier of bad news.

:) I double glazed our big bedroom window earlier this year(I had already done the smaller one) and its made a big difference. I've forgotten what the product is called(two layers of glass with silicon inside them, cost about $650) but it is quoted as giving a 'percieved 55% sound reduction (I guess the makers can't guarantee a reduction as there are too many variables). It didn't seem to be a dramatic difference straight after putting it in but we've found over the months that it takes the edge off noise (not a noisy neighbourhood really) and creates a more peaceful and warmer bedroom :thumbsup: .

Half the perceived loudness would be about 10dB - I probably should have said that as it is much more useful... Thanks FF.

Double glazing will make the room warmer and lower the noise which is really good, but it almost certainly wouldn't make the noisy neibour problem acceptable.

Other noise reduction in the walls probably wouldn't be particularly beneficial when then there is other parallel paths (ceilings and windows etc).
mark2c
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Drwho on Thu 1/Oct/09 11:16am

Thanks for that info Mark and FF

We are about to do a bunch of renovation on the house anyway, so the sound proofing of the bedroom will just be part and parcel of that. There are currently 2 large windows which are single glazed which will be letting a lot of noise through. We will be double glazing the windows (maybe with the sound deadening glass) and upping the insulation in the walls, floors and ceiling, all of which should contribute to a warmer and hopefully bit quieter bedroom.

A reduction of even 10dB would be great.

Other information I have read

World Health Organisation wrote:
The World Health Organisation Guidelines say that for good sleep, sound level should not exceed 30 dB(A) for continuous background noise, and individual noise events exceeding 45 dB(A) should be avoided.

Noise Off wrote: What can the Councils do?

There is nothing your local council can do about vehicle noise. It is a central government issue. The law (Resource Management Act) requires councils to prevent unreasonable noise from properties, but they cannot control vehicle noise from the roads.

This produces some truly stupid consequences. For example, the Christchurch City Council District Plan sets the upper noise limit for permitted activities in a residential area at 41 dB(A) (decibels) at night. That noise limit is measured from the boundary of the property. However, a car can drive past your home and produce exhaust noise measured from inside a bedroom, double glazed and shut, at up to 66 dB(A) or more! That is over 4 times louder than the Council Plan allows from a private property

(Noise off are talking about a car with a 95 dB exhaust, which is currently legal)
Drwho
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby Drwho on Thu 1/Oct/09 11:21am

zephyrheaven wrote:
epic, epic fail

no, they simply do burnouts over and between them - trust me, the councils idiotic speedbumps here do nothing but agitate everyday motorists and add a new facet for the b/r's to hoon on.

Our situation might be different. We are on a small, usually quiet back street of a suburb. There are a number of streets around our area that already have speedbumps, and ours is one of the few that does not. Walking around the neighbourhood it is very noticeable that there are burn out marks on the streets like ours without the speedbumps and there are no burnout marks on the streets that have the speedbumps.

However you might be right that the speedbumps will change nothing, as the bogans still live on the corner... :(
Drwho

Postby Drwho on Thu 1/Oct/09 11:26am

SlackBoy wrote:
Drwho wrote:
Hmm this thread has gone from being a bit of silly fun to actually quite useful. :eh:

This is against VORB Policy, please desist at ONCE!!!!! :hmmm:

I know! I thought it was supposed to be the other way around!! 1 or 2 pages of useful and then degenerate into silly :blink:
Drwho

Postby Mr_Bob on Thu 1/Oct/09 11:55am

how about the good old flaming bag of dog poo on the front doorstep?
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Fraser on Thu 1/Oct/09 5:50pm

brake fluid on paint is bad anyway.
Antifreeze is tastes sweet, budget way to see if there is any in the coolant. But it is a poison. Guy killed his apprentice by putting the anti freeze in the coke of his bitch for a laugh. Bit hard to explain to the cops too
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby charliehopkins on Sat 10/Oct/09 9:24am

Fraser wrote:brake fluid on paint is bad anyway.

:) :) :)
charliehopkins
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Sat 10/Oct/09 3:20pm

Drwho wrote:
zephyrheaven wrote:
epic, epic fail

no, they simply do burnouts over and between them - trust me, the councils idiotic speedbumps here do nothing but agitate everyday motorists and add a new facet for the b/r's to hoon on.

Our situation might be different. We are on a small, usually quiet back street of a suburb. There are a number of streets around our area that already have speedbumps, and ours is one of the few that does not. Walking around the neighbourhood it is very noticeable that there are burn out marks on the streets like ours without the speedbumps and there are no burnout marks on the streets that have the speedbumps.

However you might be right that the speedbumps will change nothing, as the bogans still live on the corner... :(

You need one of these speed humps :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ow7_MYc ... re=related

:lol:
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby NickCW on Sat 10/Oct/09 5:09pm

Drwho wrote:There are currently 2 large windows which are single glazed which will be letting a lot of noise through. We will be double glazing the windows (maybe with the sound deadening glass) and upping the insulation in the walls, floors and ceiling, all of which should contribute to a warmer and hopefully bit quieter bedroom.

I have always been a bit confused by this, I had an acoustics lecturer a couple of years back give a demonstration on how double glazing was worse for sound transmission than single. Something to do with the air gap between the two panels being large enough to set up a standing wave at certain frequencies causing both glass panes to vibrate.
He showed it with a speaker box and placing the two different windows over the top opening, the difference was pretty huge, to which everyone went hrmmmmmm in a puzzled sort of 'what the hell' way.

But then everyone else I talk to has been pretty much unanimous that double is better for sound :eh:
NickCW
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 10/Oct/09 7:31pm

NickCW wrote:
Drwho wrote:There are currently 2 large windows which are single glazed which will be letting a lot of noise through. We will be double glazing the windows (maybe with the sound deadening glass) and upping the insulation in the walls, floors and ceiling, all of which should contribute to a warmer and hopefully bit quieter bedroom.

I have always been a bit confused by this, I had an acoustics lecturer a couple of years back give a demonstration on how double glazing was worse for sound transmission than single. Something to do with the air gap between the two panels being large enough to set up a standing wave at certain frequencies causing both glass panes to vibrate.
He showed it with a speaker box and placing the two different windows over the top opening, the difference was pretty huge, to which everyone went hrmmmmmm in a puzzled sort of 'what the hell' way.

But then everyone else I talk to has been pretty much unanimous that double is better for sound :eh:

I remember a feature on double glazing on TV years ago. There was a brick flat a couple of stories up from a very noisy road. It had one single glazed window. It was noisy. They double glazed it (a new product I think). There was hardly any traffic noise.
They also did the same thing with a stereo going – put into a cube of double glazing.
Of course they could’ve just turned the volume down….. ;)
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Fraser on Sun 11/Oct/09 8:11am

:sleeping: I have triple glazing here in Finland, it is like living in the woods.

I think speed humps are a waste of time, you will have cars braking, scraping and bumping instead. Work at removing the boguns rather than spending your effort and time on putting shit on your street.
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Kipper on Sun 11/Oct/09 9:03am

Sickman wrote:advertise a garage sale at the house in question, '7am start, knock on door'
Should hopefully pain their hangovers.

Na, "Harley for sale, would make good gang bike" and put the address.
Kipper
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts