Re: Ideas For Annoying The Bogan Neighbours

Postby Mel on Wed 30/Sep/09 3:33pm

True, and he said they have already talked to the people in the house, so perhaps the friendly kindly approach is a dead end.

Talk to their landlord. :satan:
Mel
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby eyeball on Wed 30/Sep/09 3:48pm

*555 their ass u'll get ther cars impounded if theres a sustained loss of traction involved otherwise you could invite an antiracial gang round to there house for a tea party.
eyeball
"Whatcha wana do ya wana go hunt some moose"
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Drwho on Wed 30/Sep/09 4:03pm

Regarding talking to the landlord. Single mum owns the house, and her kids that live there that have the cars and the parties. To be honest I dont even think it is the guys who live there that cause most of the noise. It is their bogan friends turning up, and then doing the burnouts and hooning when they arrive/leave/go to the local KFC.

Maybe a surveillance camera is a good idea to figure out who is actually causing the problem?? Cant be arsed with the speed trap setup. Video of a car doing a burn out, with a number plate would be enough for the police to go on anyway!

Maybe i will try befriending the guys... but it is hard to do when most of their activity is past the witching hour, by which time I am usually well asleep!! I will have to make an effort to go for a wander past and try and engage in conversation if they are ever outside when I am around.

Mel, you are right about escalating retaliation, and I do realise that, but even just thinking about getting them back makes me feel better about the situation :lol: I love the trebuchet idea. I wonder how long it would take me to find the right settings to get the range of the water bombs right!!
Drwho
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby bikerjake on Wed 30/Sep/09 4:13pm

if u see them leave the house sneak around and put seafood in hidden places (under door mat etc,) eventually the place will stink out so much there mates wont want to come round.

i know il get ripped apart for this but-everyone was young once and did stupid shit that pissed others off, its a right of passage in a way
bikerjake

Postby KDM on Wed 30/Sep/09 4:48pm

Being a cop I can add my 2 cents worth.......

When you call the Police do they show up at all? nothing will be "recorded" into the Police system until the Police show up take names and hopefully arrest the bastards. If you simply just call nothing will be entered and your complaints will go away. When you do call tell Police to come speak to you, speak to Police in person, ask for the Event Number that way you can follow up all calls you make. It is often all to easy for a patrol car to go once down the street see nothing and clear the job.

When you call the Police what do you tell them exactly? Go outside when this is happening actually witness the burn outs, get reg numbers discription of the drivers etc. Then call Police insist they show up telling them these details if you think alcohol is involed then tell them, with a quick witness statement from you then Police have the power to arrest and impound cars.

Does your area have a Community Constable? ring up and find out who it is, they are trained in dealing with things like this and could be your best bet.
KDM
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby MattV on Wed 30/Sep/09 5:09pm

Did they ever find that chap who sprayed expanding foam up peoples exhausts?
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 30/Sep/09 5:31pm

shit in their letterboxes and piss on the cowl panel, at the back of the bonnet, this has vents that lead into the interior.

you probably won't accomplish much but you'll feel grand for it
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby Drwho on Wed 30/Sep/09 5:31pm

KDM wrote:Being a cop I can add my 2 cents worth.......

When you call the Police do they show up at all? nothing will be "recorded" into the Police system until the Police show up take names and hopefully arrest the bastards. If you simply just call nothing will be entered and your complaints will go away. When you do call tell Police to come speak to you, speak to Police in person, ask for the Event Number that way you can follow up all calls you make. It is often all to easy for a patrol car to go once down the street see nothing and clear the job.

When you call the Police what do you tell them exactly? Go outside when this is happening actually witness the burn outs, get reg numbers discription of the drivers etc. Then call Police insist they show up telling them these details if you think alcohol is involed then tell them, with a quick witness statement from you then Police have the power to arrest and impound cars.

Does your area have a Community Constable? ring up and find out who it is, they are trained in dealing with things like this and could be your best bet.

Thanks for that info.

Bound to be a community constable for our area. I will have to see if I can find out who it is.

As far as I know the police have not shown up at all. It was actually another police officer we were talking to who recommended we call and he said that all calls that go through comms would be on record? Anyway, from now on we will know to ask for an event number, and tell them to come see us etc.

The problem so far (and the reason i said a surveillance camera was a good idea) is that if we are in bed and someone does a burnout, they usually start down the bogan end of the street, do a burnout up the street past our house and bugger off somewhere else for a while. By the time we have rolled out of bed and looked out the window we have to be lucky to see a side on flash of a car doing 70 kph let alone actually get a rego number! We then go back to bed, and it will be 30 mins to an hour later that some other dickhead will do the same thing.

If I do manage to witness a burnout, and get rego etc I will definitely be telling the police to come and visit, and giving them descriptions of drivers etc. Thanks!

Hmm this thread has gone from being a bit of silly fun to actually quite useful. :eh:
Drwho

Postby DropKick on Wed 30/Sep/09 5:33pm

KDM wrote:Being a cop I can add my 2 cents worth.......

...and tell them they are firing shots, that gets you pushed to the front of the queue :thumbsup:
DropKick
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby SlackBoy on Wed 30/Sep/09 6:40pm

Drwho wrote:
Hmm this thread has gone from being a bit of silly fun to actually quite useful. :eh:

This is against VORB Policy, please desist at ONCE!!!!! :hmmm:
SlackBoy
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby KDM on Wed 30/Sep/09 6:41pm

Drwho wrote:
Thanks for that info.

Bound to be a community constable for our area. I will have to see if I can find out who it is.

As far as I know the police have not shown up at all. It was actually another police officer we were talking to who recommended we call and he said that all calls that go through comms would be on record? Anyway, from now on we will know to ask for an event number, and tell them to come see us etc.

The problem so far (and the reason i said a surveillance camera was a good idea) is that if we are in bed and someone does a burnout, they usually start down the bogan end of the street, do a burnout up the street past our house and bugger off somewhere else for a while. By the time we have rolled out of bed and looked out the window we have to be lucky to see a side on flash of a car doing 70 kph let alone actually get a rego number! We then go back to bed, and it will be 30 mins to an hour later that some other dickhead will do the same thing.

If I do manage to witness a burnout, and get rego etc I will definitely be telling the police to come and visit, and giving them descriptions of drivers etc. Thanks!

Video is helpful but i cant stress enough to get a good look at the driver. Without it Police would have to issue a 118 letter (section 118 Land Transport Act 1988 gives Police power to demand details of the driver from the registered owner giving him/her 7 days to comply) meaning you would have to wait for 7 days it get some action and also a search warrant would have to be issued for the car to be impounded (which is a huge mission), and in those 7 days the vehicle can easily been hidden at a friends house.

Community Cop is a big step forward for help so it wont all come to that.
KDM

Postby KDM on Wed 30/Sep/09 6:44pm

DropKick wrote:
...and tell them they are firing shots, that gets you pushed to the front of the queue :thumbsup:

Yeah if all else fails "Jazz" up your 111 call although is not very recommended
KDM

Postby sherdforlife on Wed 30/Sep/09 7:08pm

sounds like ther having more fun than you are

JOIN THEM!
sherdforlife
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby eyeball on Wed 30/Sep/09 7:20pm

MattV wrote:Did they ever find that chap who sprayed expanding foam up peoples exhausts?

Nope but it soon started in Nelson after it stopped here and there was an atical in a local rag (blenheim/nelson)that was about a guy who was annoyed with them and was in a picture holding up a sign that said big exaust=small penis so it then made it pretty clear who it was by some of the things he said.
eyeball
"Whatcha wana do ya wana go hunt some moose"

Postby mark2c on Wed 30/Sep/09 7:32pm

Don't waste too much time with sound treatment of your bedroom. Typically it is difficult achieving a 10dB reduction in noise level for retrofits. Your hearing will easily adapt (wind up its internal volume control) such that you'll hear it pretty much like you did before. Noise masking (eg some of your own music down reasonably low) is probably a cheaper and better option. Sorry to be the carrier of bad news.
mark2c
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts