Huge New Structure At Woodhill

Postby miles on Sun 16/Sep/07 11:37am

Was out at Woodhill by Aviator yesterday and saw a ute so went and had a look. There was Andy? I think thats him has put two posts where the new ramp will be. I didnt have a measuring tape or anything out there but it is a 10 metre gap with a 3 metre drop easily. Its massive.
miles
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby ilikebiking on Mon 17/Sep/07 10:51pm

pics?
ilikebiking
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby Nordy on Mon 24/Sep/07 10:14am

I took this one yesterday, looks fricken HUGE!

good luck to anyone who hits it :P
Nordy
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby mxjames75 on Mon 24/Sep/07 5:39pm

Is that jump still being built or is it ready to hit??
mxjames75
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby nmdher on Mon 24/Sep/07 7:16pm

where exactly is it?
nmdher
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby Nordy on Mon 24/Sep/07 7:18pm

still being built
Nordy
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby miles on Tue 25/Sep/07 8:53am

Its about 50 metres to the right of AV8A then into the trees.
miles
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby nmdher on Thu 27/Sep/07 7:22pm

went and had a look at that today thats a big step down, way bigger than anything else in bikeparks, theres a few trees down the bottom that would be easy to smash into if you went off line
nmdher

Postby jamieinauckland on Fri 28/Sep/07 8:48am

Bigger than 51, Looking forward to it. Can't wait to see a hucker or 2 overjump it to the flatland lol. It'll be like a 10m vert drop to flat if you hit it too quick.
I reckon a roll in from the left with 2 pedals will set you up sweet tho.
jamieinauckland
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby nmdher on Fri 28/Sep/07 2:46pm

easily bigger than 51, theres going to be plenty of little groms who think theyr'e the shit cause they can do 5x jumps who get completley mashed on it.
nmdher

Postby Ben_T on Fri 28/Sep/07 2:47pm

someone got any better pics?
Ben_T
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby jamieinauckland on Fri 28/Sep/07 8:05pm

nmdher wrote: easily bigger than 51, theres going to be plenty of little groms who think theyr'e the shit cause they can do 5x jumps who get completley mashed on it.

But that just highlights the unreliability of the X system.
There are 3Xs way harder than some of the 4s and 5s.

What does it relate to? size? difficulty? Both?

Now that it's getting quite big out there, how about a revision, like A-E for difficulty and 1-5 for size. Where an A1 is huge and tricky but an A5 is tricky but small and E1 will be easy and big and an E5 will be easy and small.
Or anything where technical skills are seperated from size.
Eg AV8R is easy but big getting a C2, and Crazy high line would be A3 as it's hard but not too big.
jamieinauckland
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby rory161192 on Fri 28/Sep/07 8:12pm

jamieinauckland wrote:
nmdher wrote: easily bigger than 51, theres going to be plenty of little groms who think theyr'e the shit cause they can do 5x jumps who get completley mashed on it.

Now that it's getting quite big out there, how about a revision, like A-E for difficulty and 1-5 for size. Where an A1 is huge and tricky but an A5 is tricky but small and E1 will be easy and big and an E5 will be easy and small.
Eg AV8R is easy but big getting a C2, and Crazy high line would be A3 as it's hard but not too big.

zipping down a trail, burning round the berms, two wheel drifts, never ridden here before and its awesome, jump coming up, a1 coming up, what the hell is an a1? ill hit it anyway. let your imagination work. its a bit difficult really, a good idea, i think the x's on the trail is so srtiking, its obvious whether youll be able to do it. maybe 2 more x's?
rory161192
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby pushbikerider on Fri 28/Sep/07 8:27pm

rory161192 wrote:
jamieinauckland wrote:

zipping down a trail, burning round the berms, two wheel drifts, never ridden here before and its awesome, jump coming up, a1 coming up, what the hell is an a1? ill hit it anyway. let your imagination work. its a bit difficult really, a good idea, i think the x's on the trail is so srtiking, its obvious whether youll be able to do it. maybe 2 more x's?

I have no sympathy for the person who hurts themselves on a new trail / park simply because they didn't take the time to double check what they are hittiing

what Jamie is saying makes sense,for someone like myslef who struggles with "big" stuff, but often enjoys the smaller but tech stuff, it'd be great IMHO
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby hiss on Sat 29/Sep/07 6:07pm

that pic doesnt do it justice (not that it's a bad pic or anything) it's huge. Might need a parachute heh
hiss
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Auckland Region | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island | Waitakere City | Woodhill Mountain Bike Park - Latest Posts