Postby tartgrandmother on Tue 23/Oct/07 4:25pm

:O
tartgrandmother
"Blowing cobwebs"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby jamieinauckland on Tue 23/Oct/07 4:35pm

I'm waiting to see what happens to the landing and if the run in from the bank to ramp gets smoothed off a bit.
Perfectly doable tho. The skinny would be too if I could ride in a straight line. :)
jamieinauckland
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby sumkid on Wed 24/Oct/07 12:46pm

i was up at woodhill on saturday and andy and rodney were building on it
there is gonna be a log skinny leading up to a platform about the width of maple then it gets skinnier leding on to the the skinny in picture one then it drops off to the massive 10 meter step down and then onto a double at the bottom...pretty impressive
sumkid
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby nmdher on Tue 30/Oct/07 4:47pm

Any word on when its going to be opened/ finished?, am keen to see somebody hit it.
nmdher
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby STKL on Tue 30/Oct/07 5:07pm

Andy said that hes probably gonna hit it when hes finished building one day and said he definetly doesnt want a crowd...
STKL
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby ralf007 on Tue 30/Oct/07 5:19pm

jamieinauckland wrote: I'm waiting to see what happens to the landing and if the run in from the bank to ramp gets smoothed off a bit.
Perfectly doable tho. The skinny would be too if I could ride in a straight line. :)

the skinny not straight any way :sly:

im yet to work out how you get enough speed from the skinny to hit the landing(if the landing is the bank after the road edge) after watching the vids from the 51 gap :eh:
ralf007
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby jamieinauckland on Mon 5/Nov/07 7:14pm

It's easy you just come in along the ridge then take a sharp left under the srtucture (you need corners to check your speed) then pin it to the drop.

This jump is bigger than 51 so I guess you need the same or more speed. My trip computer said 34kmh last time i did it.
jamieinauckland
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby ralf007 on Mon 5/Nov/07 7:42pm

jamieinauckland wrote: It's easy you just come in along the ridge then take a sharp left under the srtucture (you need corners to check your speed) then pin it to the drop.

This jump is bigger than 51 so I guess you need the same or more speed. My trip computer said 34kmh last time i did it.

so you going to get 35km off the skinny :D
ralf007
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby nathanbarlow on Thu 8/Nov/07 12:08pm

I was up there (for the first time ever haha) and saw it and went "faaark . .. that is one big jump" haha looks pretty cool though - would love to be around when someone hits it.
nathanbarlow
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby scodee on Sat 24/Nov/07 5:08pm

im keen to hit it! =]
scodee
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby stinkydeluxe_1 on Wed 28/Nov/07 9:14pm

the landing is going to be wer the natural steep landing allready is but andy's plan is to build a steep wodden downramp and the cover it in a thick layer of dirt so that it is much more forgiving...and yes andy had dibs for hitting it first haha
stinkydeluxe_1
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby bikerjake on Wed 28/Nov/07 9:30pm

stinkydeluxe_1 wrote: the landing is going to be wer the natural steep landing allready is but andy's plan is to build a steep wodden downramp and the cover it in a thick layer of dirt so that it is much more forgiving...and yes andy had dibs for hitting it first haha

when are you gonna hit it dyl? :p
bikerjake
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby Tom_G on Fri 14/Dec/07 10:49am

neva hes to girl for it.... says he will but bids he wont straight away if he does itll be a mean huck to faceplant...... NARLY
Tom_G
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby vinnieg on Mon 25/Feb/08 7:15pm

its gona be a new class a a 6x the gap is 12 meters and after there gona build a ho che min size duble after going over a trake they hav 2 divert the new jump next 2 it
vinnieg
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby Nordy on Mon 25/Feb/08 7:25pm

wha?
Nordy
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Auckland Region | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island | Waitakere City | Woodhill Mountain Bike Park - Latest Posts