Https://www.probikekit.co.nz

Postby comadi on Sun 19th Feb 4:34pm

Anyone purchased anything through these guys ? Good / bad or ugly ?
UK based by the looks.

And the age old question despite the free postage, roughly what would it cost in duty / etc to get a NZ$1200 wheel here ?
comadi
Member for: 1 year 0 months

Re: Https://www.probikekit.co.nz

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 19th Feb 4:38pm

20-25% of the purchase price
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby Rik on Sun 19th Feb 5:47pm

They are one of vorb's affiliate sites. So you may not believe what I have to say, but its all true.

I found them to be cheaper than WiggleCRC on certain things.

I did a direct comparison between PBK and CRC and the PBK stuff landed on my doorstep a week later than the CRC stuff ordered at the same time. BUT only because customs sat on my parcel for 7 days.

CLICK THIS LINK and you will be supporting vorb with your purchase, and I will love you long time. :love:
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby 13daza on Sun 19th Feb 7:53pm

I have brought stuff from these guys was very happy with the service and prices ,I havent brought anything expensive enough to warrant gst or duty as yet ;)
13daza
Member for: 3 years 6 months

Postby comadi on Sun 19th Feb 8:02pm

Rik wrote:They are one of vorb's affiliate sites. So you may not believe what I have to say, but its all true.

I found them to be cheaper than WiggleCRC on certain things.

I did a direct comparison between PBK and CRC and the PBK stuff landed on my doorstep a week later than the CRC stuff ordered at the same time. BUT only because customs sat on my parcel for 7 days.

CLICK THIS LINK and you will be supporting vorb with your purchase, and I will love you long time. :love:

Thanks, some good prices there for sure, but doing the math for import duty etc etc is a bit of a worry for us financially challenged :lol:
comadi

Postby Claude on Sun 19th Feb 8:03pm

13daza wrote:I have brought stuff from these guys was very happy with the service and prices ,I havent brought anything expensive enough to warrant gst or duty as yet ;)

Ditto - haven't got anything off them for quite a while (been supporting my LBS :) ), but previous dealings with them all good. I bought a wheel of some USA website a couple of years ago, and like Rik says, it's more likely to be held up getting through customs.
Claude
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby wolffman1 on Mon 20th Feb 7:11am

Love / hate relationship with these guys.
Good prices, but I've had very mixed postal results to Australia
I got a power meter from them at half price which arrived in a week but I've waited over a month for a cassette
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby comadi on Fri 31st Mar 2:32pm

So wiggle it was. Best on my door price.
My order is at Heathrow Airport now.
Question regarding ffwd clincher disc wheels - what tube stem length is best?
I have sent ffwd an email, but I'm impatient :)
comadi

Postby wachtourak on Sun 2nd Apr 1:06pm

No longer than 40-50mm, the opening on them isn't very big - if your valve stem is too long you won't fit the pump head in there. We have a tubular track one, but presume clincher overall dimensions are the same.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby comadi on Sun 2nd Apr 8:34pm

Yeah, I run 80mm for my 50mm rims, and was thinking 40 ish.
I've ordered a crack pipe valve head adaptor with the wheel so I don't think that will require much space.
comadi

Complete Wheels | Cycling | Wheels - Latest Posts