Postby ryda on Tue 20/Feb/07 12:54pm

BjWill wrote: Seems that its all cleared up now, they just had an item on sportscenter

and :eh:
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby BjWill on Tue 20/Feb/07 1:01pm

I think the teams weren't giving information over ownership, but they have now met with the governing body and sorted it, and been given the OK to race.

Not entirely sure, the story was vague
BjWill
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby Robbie on Tue 20/Feb/07 1:03pm

much of the agreements between teams in "commerially sensitive" and is covered by secrecy clauses..
Robbie
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby Robbie on Tue 20/Feb/07 1:10pm

sifter wrote:
robbieracer wrote: The Gt cup was deliberately rigged. As part of the rules!
Weights were continually adjusted, as were rev and boost limits.
It made it kind of silly to build the cleverest car.
Lots of politics ensured that the "favoured" car won, just like a soap operas, or "lost" where the favourite characters survived, while the others were quietly recycled.
All about ratings, not about racing...

sounds a lot like professional wrestling to me... :eh:

:lol:

I helped out on a 2.5 litre car, but "they" added 125 kilos of ballast ( a massive safety risk) and cut the revs by 1500, just to make sure it was slower than the 3 and 4 litre cars. sad.

Plus the owner was an abrasive bastard so neither the press ( who had a big say) nor the handicapper were interested in giving him a break..I gave up assisting them around that time :)
Robbie
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby BjWill on Tue 20/Feb/07 1:36pm

ryda wrote:
BjWill wrote: Seems that its all cleared up now, they just had an item on sportscenter

and :eh:

http://xtramsn.co.nz/sport/0,,12049-6971761,00.html
BjWill

Postby Steve-O on Tue 20/Feb/07 2:25pm

So what if the Holdens are excluded!? the championship wont die because of that. I hope they have points deducted or something imposed!!! Cheating either out on the track or behind the scenes needs to be punished. If it goes unpunished then just sets an example to others. Drive a holden and cheat = get off scott free because your too important to the championship. What a load of bullshit. Not that the V8's are what you call real motorsport. Oversized family cars with a rollcage.
Steve-O
"Only the Finns go truly sideways..."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby BjWill on Tue 20/Feb/07 2:48pm

It hasnt said if they have broken the rules yet but kinda looks like they may have.

You're right, they can't go unpunished if they have, sets a bad precedent.
BjWill

Postby Vinnie on Tue 20/Feb/07 2:57pm

To me that rule is a load of crap.

Many teams should be allowed a single owner, as long as they aren't sharing data (which in this case it appears they have been).

But thats not the point I'm trying to make. Lots of other series around the world have had multiple teams, racing under one owner without the teams colluding, why can't AVESCO get their shit together so that it happens in the V8's. More cars on the track means better racing and better ratings.

Actually, before TWR started going bust with Arrow's, didn't they own most of the Holden teams in the V8 championship? I remember most of the Holden's had TWR on the side of the rear spoiler there for a while (KMart, HRT + a few more I can't recall now). The only big successful Holden team I can think of that didn't was Gary Rodgers Motorsport (the Valvoline cars).
Vinnie
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Steve-O on Tue 20/Feb/07 2:57pm

No one liked seeing Toyota get thrown out of the WRC in the 1990's. They cheated and broke rules. 2 WRC drivers were left without drives. Shit happens. Not the drivers faults but cheating is cheating. Like i said behind the scenes or out on the track or stages it must not go unpunished.
Steve-O
"Only the Finns go truly sideways..."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby BjWill on Tue 20/Feb/07 3:00pm

Running a few teams under one owner, even if you weren't colluding they are still likely to give that impression?

Could be hard to prove, werent Team Kiwi sharing data with another team last year?
BjWill

Postby wachtourak on Tue 20/Feb/07 3:33pm

Team Kiwi have been sharing Data with Paul Morris Motorsport for the last couple of years... :eh:
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby BjWill on Tue 20/Feb/07 3:37pm

So you can share data with another team but not have those two teams owned by the same person....

make sense??....not really..
BjWill

Postby dented on Tue 20/Feb/07 3:45pm

There might be some loophole around teams that only run 1 car
dented
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby BjWill on Tue 20/Feb/07 3:47pm

Yup that makes complete sense...

I imagine there will be more to come of this story
BjWill

Postby wachtourak on Tue 20/Feb/07 3:48pm

PMM run two cars, Team Kiwi run one...it was something like them actually being the same team or something wasn't it?

Aren't they in the same sort of deal with FPR this year? Sharing technical info?
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts