Re: How To Weld A Frame

Postby shmoodiver on Fri 11/Feb/11 11:23am

:eh:
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby EoinC on Fri 11/Feb/11 7:48pm

happybaboon wrote:Yeah, he ain't gonna have no hotdog once his frame snaps and his junk gets crammed into the gap between tyre and seat tube. I can see the newspaper headline now... "Cycle commuter loses dignity, testicles".
I managed that trick a lifetime ago (read this in a high tone) when, having suffered a grotesque braking failure on a (then) mate's bike coming down from Wrights Hill in Karori.
For some obscure stress-parameter reason, known only to structural engineers and mung beans, the stick that we had used to replace the missing bolt from the back-pedalling brake's torque arm sheared / dropped out / vaporised.
As warp speed approached, and things got blurry, I decided the only way to retain a modicum of life expectancy was to launch myself off the back.
Unfortunately, calculations based on Newton's Law failed to adequately account for clearing the back wheel.
I landed on it, and the nadds began a high speed, rubber-assisted dive into the grim void that you identified above. I'm sure that the smell of burning denim, with a hint of testicle, pervaded the still air, but I didn't have time to notice, as my feet, having hit the rough chip road in a nanosecond, then proceeded to assign an elegant jack-knifing motion to the scene, catapulting me into some kind of forward roll with triple pike entry, and bringing about a gravel-rash assisted speed reduction to an eventual standstill, extracting the twins from their impending doom in the process.
The moral of the story? Be careful in selecting sutable woods to use as replacement critical cycling componentry - It is a trap for young players, and young man fruit as well.
EoinC
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby EoinC on Fri 11/Feb/11 7:55pm

Oli wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:Awesome in a "Never ride it, but looks different" kind of way, yeah

Awesome in a "Jesus, all those holes drilled haphazardly look like a shattering, puncturing, gashing, pending disaster" kind of way, yeah.
All the drilling and pantographing in the World won't always help...
alf_bw_02_r.jpg
EoinC
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 12th Mar 9:12am

Thank you, deleted spammer, for this dredge down memory lane.
Can we get an update on the OPs testicular integrity?
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby dwgknz on Sun 15th Mar 2:16pm

I’d like to know about Gumby’s teeth.

http://www.vorb.org.nz/talas-about-t124949.html
dwgknz
Member for: 7 years 0 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 16th Mar 8:43am

dwgknz wrote:I’d like to know about Gumby’s teeth.

http://www.vorb.org.nz/talas-about-t124949.html

Me too.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Bicycle Repair | Cycling - Latest Posts