Postby Naff on Mon 4/Feb/02 12:52pm

lard. hundreds and thousands. how'd you know? ;)
Naff
"3 times the fun!"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Jono on Mon 4/Feb/02 9:15pm

Well, unfortunately, the lard option is out. As the owner of a #2 rated vorb arse (as rated by Anna), I've got a strict regime to undertake :)

You see, I was riding along last week thinking that I didn't seem to be using the back of the saddle that much, and a single padded rail would probably do the job  :crazy:  - I think tama was onto something when he equated SDG and masochism...

Anyway, I guess I can have a look at a bunch of saddles and see if I can find something good...
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"

Postby Naff on Tue 5/Feb/02 8:47am

i didnt actuallt realise you could get any comfy bike seats, i mean, how comfy can it be? :paranoid:
Naff
"3 times the fun!"

Postby Hoz on Tue 5/Feb/02 9:44am

those seats with the groove down the middle look absolutely positively dangerous to this fella :butbut: fast-track to eunochville......yeeeeiiiiiiiiiiikes :cry:  :crazy:

Go gel Jono.....makes a huge difference(just a strip along the middle, not the whole thing) :)

Have also found that since using a suspension seatpost life has become waaaaay more comfy for the butt :D

of course you could invest in some of Littlemans butt cream to get even more comfy :butbut:  :eh:  :rolleyes:  :)
Hoz

Postby Anna on Tue 5/Feb/02 10:54am

it's good to see you're taking your resonsibility as #2 ass seriously...  :thumbsup:
it's a status not given lightly (to misuse a chris knox song) :D
Anna

Postby Naff on Tue 5/Feb/02 10:58am

hoz... honestly... how comfy is it... i get it sore enough just cycling to work..... and mines is gel seat too..... does your ass just become hardened to the pain? :eh:
Naff
"3 times the fun!"

Postby Hoz on Tue 5/Feb/02 5:19pm

....and a good song it is too :D

naf, it's just years of riding.....realised the other day that I have now been mtbing for over 15 years.......that answer your question?

oh yeah, and a good pair of bike threads with suitable padding does wonders

also, there are gel seats...... :crazy: ....and then there is what I have......a class piece of workmanship from Selle San Marco....ya kinda gets whatchya pays for

yeah Jono, good to see you take it all so seriously.....after all, it's not really about your improved comfort at all is it :eh:  :huh:  :D
Hoz

Postby Jono on Tue 5/Feb/02 9:05pm

Well exactly. In fact, it's a duality - an honour and a responsibility to society. Now I realise that my arse needs to be maintained for the benefit of society, I can take a proper approach to ensuring it's upkeep. An uncomfortable seat is the first step - to ensure that there aren't any unwanted shape deformaties.

I expect that I'm going to need to carefully look into my diet and my friends as well, to ensure that my arse doesn't get out of shape from hanging out in "the wrong crowd" (or from going "to the wrong side of the tracks") :)
Jono

Postby seamonkey on Thu 7/Feb/02 2:31am

After riding Jono's steed for a short while I don't know how he does it. That saddle is such a thing of pure pain that I could not ride his bike for further than 500m.  :crazy:  
I tell ya Jono I admire you. The things you do for a number 2 arse.  :cry:    :dontgetit:
seamonkey

Postby Jono on Thu 7/Feb/02 10:03am

We call this tough love. It going to hurt me more than it hurts you...

Jono

Postby Naff on Thu 7/Feb/02 10:25am

that does not look comfy! but i guess after 15 years, your ass must just grow numb to the fact that it is sore. i think i might buy a four wheeler motorbike.  :)
Naff
"3 times the fun!"

Postby Jono on Thu 7/Feb/02 11:14am

The thing is, you don't really realise how sore it is when you're riding. I guess it's the numbness.

But when you stop for 10 minutes (such as on the train ride back to london), and then hop on the bike for the sprint home, and it's baaaaad.  :0

Sometimes it's bad until tuesday. I'm hoping that I get my arse calluses back again soon. Specially if I'm thinking about the 80 mile ride in three weekends time...  :sly:
Jono

Postby Naff on Thu 7/Feb/02 11:37am

eeeeewwww! what will your woman think? calluses on your ass? thats not pretty! its good to know all of your pain is well worth the pleasure tho....  go hard for the big 80 dude!
Naff
"3 times the fun!"

Postby Jono on Thu 7/Feb/02 12:02pm

My viccles is very understanding of my idiosynchronies...  ;)
Jono

Postby Naff on Thu 7/Feb/02 1:33pm

thats fine then. cool.
Naff
"3 times the fun!"

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts