Re: How Many Types Of Vinegar Do You Have In Your House?

Postby el_booto on Wed 19/Nov/14 2:22pm

danose wrote:
Rik wrote:Actually I'm after a pizza stone - Where the best place to get one in Chch

Home Store, TFE, Ballantynes - all have em. Make sure you measure your oven cos it's kind of embarassing buying one and discoverying it's too wide :blush:

Stevens at the plams have them (so I guess that all their stores will :eh: ) for $20 with a cooling rack and a cutter doohickey like the takeaway pizza places use

I have two :paranoid:

Plus I make my own bases, my own mozzarella/parmesan/cheddar/feta, grew the tomatoes in the homemade pomodoro sauce, and the onions/garlic/capsicum, made and cured the pepperoni, and the bacon :huh:

(Oh, and just to be assistive to the thread: I have five vinegars In my cupboard)
el_booto
"Don't let anyone say "the world is your oyster" the world is not an oyster..."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Wed 19/Nov/14 6:50pm

Five. Current favourites are cheapo balsamic, and Pam's white vinegar.
The white is a reaction to rooting curries by overdoing strongly flavoured ones too many times, mostly Korean apple vinegar.

Must buy F&C again so the malt vinegar doesn't feel neglected.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby LaPommeDeTere on Wed 19/Nov/14 8:47pm

around 9
LaPommeDeTere
Member for: 4 years 5 months

Postby phunk on Wed 19/Nov/14 9:33pm

The wife informs me we have 4.
phunk
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby wolffman1 on Thu 20/Nov/14 9:01am

Caramelised balsamic vinegar people. Great with pizza or salad and would probably transform weetbix too
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 9 years 1 month

lubie
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby scatter on Thu 20/Nov/14 11:04am

wolffman1 wrote:Caramelised balsamic vinegar people. Great with pizza or salad and would probably transform weetbix too

Crema di balsamico is also pretty damned awesome (you can get it at some New World supermarkets as well as from the usual suspects)
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"

Postby lubie on Mon 24/Nov/14 8:02am

I got someModerna Balsamicon the weekend - spashed over a tomato and shallot salad. OMG nom.
lubie

Postby CrustyMTB on Mon 24/Nov/14 10:44am

lubie wrote:I got someModerna Balsamicon the weekend - spashed over a tomato and shallot salad. OMG nom.
My foodie mate has some barrel aged super balsamic that we did shots of because its so tasty. (we had been on the scotch when this happened so it may not actually be that tasty to sober people)
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Mon 24/Nov/14 10:48am

CrustyMTB wrote:
lubie wrote:I got someModerna Balsamicon the weekend - spashed over a tomato and shallot salad. OMG nom.
My foodie mate has some barrel aged super balsamic that we did shots of because its so tasty. (we had been on the scotch when this happened so it may not actually be that tasty to sober people)

I bet that gave you the best whisky scours ever. You could have done a DIY colonoscopy without having to clean the sticky up your bum part.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Colin on Mon 24/Nov/14 11:28am

Vinegar snobs

Time to sell the micro brewery and get into the vinegar production
Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Mon 24/Nov/14 11:55am

Henry Dorset Case wrote:
CrustyMTB wrote:

I bet that gave you the best whisky scours ever. You could have done a DIY colonoscopy without having to clean the sticky up your bum part.
LOLOL. I always keep my insides clean (especially my liver) by liberal use of nearly pure alcohol, speaking of which, time for 11ises?
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Mon 24/Nov/14 12:17pm

this is why we're self employed. Its ALWAYS elevensies.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Cycling | International Politics | Local Politics | Politics | Road Cycling | Sifting - Latest Posts