How many times could you do the hill part of the Nationals course?

<1 I don't go up hills
15%
7%
7%
7%
2%
5%
10%
2%
2%
No votes
2%
No votes
11+ National level riders are pussies
39%

Total voters : 41

Re: How Many Times Could You Do The Nationals Course Hill

Postby frog's legs on Sun 24/Jan/10 5:36pm

This just looks like a whole bag of fun :crazy:
But in saying that. Ill be lining up to give it a go next time I'm able to :thumbsup:
frog's legs
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby Zaphod on Sun 24/Jan/10 9:57pm

Fuck that - how boring can you get?? Almost like doing Long Bays 6 times. ;) What's with people this year? Is there some crazy juice I'm missing out on? :alien:
Zaphod
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby mfw on Sun 24/Jan/10 10:08pm

XCguy wrote:Ok, today it was my turn...
1 - 18 high 5's, 6's, 7's blah de blah de blah

Hey mister last time I went up there I clocked a 5:17, none of this high 5's nonsense :lol:

XCguy wrote:So sorry mfw, I didn't make the "Mt Cook equivalent" 31 laps but maybe another day. I suspect I'd need to just aim for around 7 minute climbs right from the start if I was to manage 31 laps. As it was, today's 70km felt a lot more than 70km!

So, who's next?

I'll be chomping at the bit as soon as I can get my new carbon rig up and ready, then I'll crack 31 laps - probably under 6's too, that'll show yers :satan:

I think, it is true that carbon makes you really fast isn't it..?
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby Zaphod on Mon 25/Jan/10 12:11pm

mfw wrote: I think, it is true that carbon makes you really fast isn't it..?

Carbon makes you think you're gonna be really fast, then reality kicks in :D
Zaphod

Postby XCguy on Mon 25/Jan/10 12:19pm

Zaphod wrote:F**k that - how boring can you get?? What's with people this year? Is there some crazy juice I'm missing out on?

Zaphod wrote:I managed 7 repeats back to back, with my slowest 5m25s, and quickest 4m40sec.

:blink:
XCguy
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Zaphod on Mon 25/Jan/10 1:37pm

XCguy wrote:
Zaphod wrote:F**k that - how boring can you get?? What's with people this year? Is there some crazy juice I'm missing out on?

Zaphod wrote:I managed 7 repeats back to back, with my slowest 5m25s, and quickest 4m40sec.

:blink:

Yeh, fair call, but 7 repeats at intensity is training, 18 is just plain sillyness. :)
Zaphod

Postby XCguy on Mon 25/Jan/10 1:54pm

Zaphod wrote:Yeh, fair call, but 7 repeats at intensity is training, 18 is just plain sillyness. :)

That may be true but I am far more into silliness than training :D . Training is just hard work. But in a strange sick kind of way I find the challenge of these silly games fun.

So Mr Zaphod, with the sort of Hackthorne to Cup times you were posting, how come we aren't seeing your name on the leaderboard table?
XCguy

Postby Zaphod on Mon 25/Jan/10 2:00pm

XCguy wrote: So Mr Zaphod, with the sort of Hackthorne to Cup times you were posting, how come we aren't seeing your name on the leaderboard table?

I'm in training :p

When I feel I have some good form I'll nail the lot in quick succession and post times here. :)
Zaphod

Postby SamultheCamul on Mon 25/Jan/10 2:14pm

From experience I can do 7 laps at race pace, 4min30 ascents. Must improve for next year!
SamultheCamul
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby XCguy on Mon 25/Jan/10 2:23pm

Well come on then guys, there is no point these fast times just sitting in your training diaries - do something useful with them... http://www.vorb.org.nz/port-hills-hillclimb-leaderboard-2009-t97289.html ;)
XCguy

Postby Rik on Sun 5/Oct/14 6:01pm

Bit of a dredge, but very relevant I think. This may have been the thread that sent XCGuy spiralling down the path to Everesting world dominance :satan:

Anyway, out of nowhere, today I woke-up with a mad desire to have a crack at this. My original vote was a wild guess,I've never actually tried.

I get to change my vote now to 11+ :thumbsup:

The target was 10, by lap 8, I figured I could probably squeeze an eleventh one in. Imagine my surprise when I got home and counted up the reps. I'd dropped one in my mental count, I'd done 12. Dozey whazzack, I can't even count up to ten. All around the sub 9 minute mark.

For the record, let me put a stop to any speculation that this might be secret training of an Everesting attempt, err, no.

Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby scatter on Sun 5/Oct/14 7:46pm

We drove past you a couple of times and wondered what on earth you were up to :D
Nice work :thumbsup:
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Trail on Sun 5/Oct/14 8:35pm

Ha. I drove past ya too :p

Good work!
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby danose on Sun 5/Oct/14 8:46pm

you've embarked down the slippery slope now Rik, next it'll be a bizarre desire to do 12 hour races solo, then it's just short step to everesting and nice men with wrap around jackets

remember the off-road record is still up for grabs - mt vernon farm park track is perfect for it :satan:
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Rik on Sun 5/Oct/14 9:16pm

scatter wrote:We drove past you a couple of times and wondered what on earth you were up to :D
Nice work :thumbsup:

Trail wrote:Ha. I drove past ya too :p
Good work!

I'z got stalkerz :D

danose wrote:you've embarked down the slippery slope now Rik, next it'll be a bizarre desire to do 12 hour races solo, then it's just short step to everesting and nice men with wrap around jackets

McCleans 12hours Solo entries are full :( ;)

No, it's all an attempt to bolster my confidence that I'm up pour un attempt a le Petite Brevet
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Cycling | Road Cycling | Road Racing - Latest Posts