24 Hours Of Adrenalin World Solo 24 Hour Champs

Postby graeme_mtb on Tue 14/Jul/09 8:38am

Where: Canmore, Alberta, Canada.
Start Time: 6 am NZ Time Sunday 26th
Finish: 6 am NZ Time Monday 27th

http://www.24hoursofadrenalin.com

Live updates should be the same or better than last years blog site. More information may be posted later closer to race day. There looks like there will be more kiwis there this year :thumbsup:
graeme_mtb
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Re: 24 Hours Of Adrenalin World Solo 24 Hour Champs

Postby Chickenman on Tue 14/Jul/09 8:59am

Yeah 3 that I know of.

Megan,
Tony,
Thomas.

Tony after the BC bike race looks to be on good form, Megan is riding well at the moment too, she's barely been home! She flys out tomorrow :D
Chickenman
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby johnL on Tue 14/Jul/09 9:05am

tested Thomas last night and he is going as well as last year, even after a hard nduro.
johnL
"2x Trust House Tour of Wellington Winner, DS Team Cardno"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby ryda on Tue 14/Jul/09 11:03am

Chickenman wrote: She flys out tomorrow :D
hope you got that bike nice and clean after the weekend :paranoid:
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby Chickenman on Tue 14/Jul/09 1:23pm

ryda wrote:
Chickenman wrote: She flys out tomorrow :D
hope you got that bike nice and clean after the weekend :paranoid:

I did it yesterday, spotless :)
Chickenman

Postby wgtngrl on Tue 14/Jul/09 1:44pm

Bet you missed a spot :p
wgtngrl
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Chickenman on Tue 14/Jul/09 1:46pm

wgtngrl wrote:Bet you missed a spot :p

Probably, it was disgusting!!!!
Chickenman

Postby LeMatelot on Wed 22/Jul/09 10:35am

The Aussie and Kiwi riders are starting to turn up. Thomas was around yesterday for a quick chat and I caught up with Megan earlier this afternoon.

A few happy snaps are in this album.

A bit of Aussie Solo 24Hr Champs Jason English and Jess Douglas on the Coal Chute part of the course here
LeMatelot
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby LeMatelot on Thu 23/Jul/09 10:02am

The live site for the race, with tweeting etc is here.
LeMatelot

Postby wgtngrl on Thu 23/Jul/09 10:26am

LeMatelot wrote:The Aussie and Kiwi riders are starting to turn up. Thomas was around yesterday for a quick chat and I caught up with Megan earlier this afternoon.

A bit of Aussie Solo 24Hr Champs Jason English and Jess Douglas on the Coal Chute part of the course here

Oooh, I can't see u-tube at work. Will have to remember to have a look at home. The coal chutes are awesome - definitely a bad place to stack it - you can't hide coal on kit!
wgtngrl

Postby ryda on Thu 23/Jul/09 10:37am

wgtngrl wrote:
LeMatelot wrote:The Aussie and Kiwi riders are starting to turn up. Thomas was around yesterday for a quick chat and I caught up with Megan earlier this afternoon.

Oooh, I can't see u-tube at work. Will have to remember to have a look at home. The coal chutes are awesome - definitely a bad place to stack it - you can't hide coal on kit!
looking at he other two clips with them(2 other riders) riding it with the backwheel locked up...will it rutt up badly ? mtbrsredfiat's clips
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby wgtngrl on Thu 23/Jul/09 10:56am

It doesn't really rut up (although I'm talking about 2 XC races in a day, not 24 hours of solid riding) because it's so soft. I did notice it softened up though. It was reasonably hard packed in the couple of days prior, but every lap on race day it noticably softened - that's what made it hard, your front wheel just kind of dug in so you have to stay nice and loose.

Wouldn't wanna lock up on it though - that kind of thing could create nasty holes.

Such a cool feature of the course though.
wgtngrl

Postby LeMatelot on Sat 25/Jul/09 2:30am

Big carbo loading session for the Aussies last night. Our National Men's Champ couldn't quite get through all of his pizza :)

Evidence towards the back of this album.
LeMatelot

Postby LeMatelot on Sat 25/Jul/09 11:12am

At the conclusion of the solo rider brief for the 2009 24 Hours of Adrenalin World Solo 24 Hour Championships (about 1630 on Friday 24 July Canmore time - 0830 Saturday 25 July Sydney time), Stuart Dorland, the Founder of 24 Hours of Adrenalin made the following public announcement:

"The 2010 24 Hours of Adrenalin World Solo 24 Hour Championships will be held in Australia. I have received two very good bids from Tailwind and Canberra off-Road Cyclists and I am confident that each bid would be suitable for the 2010 24 Hours of Adrenalin World Solo 24 Hour Championships.

I will be traveling to Australia in two weeks and will visit both proposed venues and have discussions with the event organisers. The venues are in South-East Queensland for Tailwind and at Stromlo Forest Park in Canberra for Canberra Off-Road Cyclists. I expect to announce the selected event some time after the UCI World Championships in early September 2009.

The winning Elite Solo Men and Women from the 2009 24 Hours of Adrenalin World Solo 24 Hour Championships who are non-Australian or non-NZ riders wil receive air tickets to Australia to compete in 2010, as will the Eilte Solo Men and Women winners from the Canadian Solo 24 Hr Championships."

... and a few more photos have been added to the album.
LeMatelot

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Sat 25/Jul/09 11:18am

W00t!!!! 2010 Solo Worlds in Aussie - yee-har!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Much closer to go and support/spectate! :) :) :thumbsup:
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Alberta | Canada | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Events | Mountain Biking | North America | Regions - Latest Posts