Would you eat horse meat?

Yes
16
50%
No
8
25%
Yes, but not horses from Waimate
8
25%
 
Total voters : 32

Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:08pm

E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:09pm

that made me lol, mr butcher kissing the reporter
shmoodiver
User avatar
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby scatter on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:16pm

Why not?

Yum :)
scatter
User avatar
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby danose on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:23pm

shmoodiver wrote:that made me lol, mr butcher kissing the reporter


I think that dude deserves a medal for being smart enough to realise the one thing the news crew really wanted was for him to loose his rag, so what better to do than the exact opposite (which was obviously really freaking out and pissing off the reporter)
danose
User avatar
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:26pm

scatter wrote:Why not?


Image


(Thanks Colin.)
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby danose on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:27pm

scatter wrote:Why not?

Yum :)


exactly - it's a lot healthier than a lot of red meat (low fat) and the french consider it a delicacy

I find it funny how people get upset about eating horse, yet will quite happily eat lamb or veal
danose
User avatar
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:31pm

danose wrote:
I find it funny how people get upset about eating horse, yet will quite happily eat lamb or veal


That's because most cultures have implicit moral prohibitions pertaining to food that operate on an emotional level. Would you eat a dog?
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby scatter on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:39pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:That's because most cultures have implicit moral prohibitions pertaining to food that operate on an emotional level.

The French and Swiss happily eat horse.

France....home of Haute Ecole and Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe :D
scatter
User avatar
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby Conners on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:40pm

danose wrote:
scatter wrote:Why not?

Yum :)


exactly - it's a lot healthier than a lot of red meat (low fat) and the french consider it a delicacy

I find it funny how people get upset about eating horse, yet will quite happily eat lamb or veal

Are you saying these people are ageist and they would happily eat pony?
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby thorg on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:42pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
danose wrote:
I find it funny how people get upset about eating horse, yet will quite happily eat lamb or veal


That's because most cultures have implicit moral prohibitions pertaining to food that operate on an emotional level. Would you eat a dog?
I probably wouldnt eat my own pet dog (if I had one) - but have eaten dog before. rather chewy.
thorg
User avatar
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:44pm

When did you eat dog? When you were living in the truck?
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby danose on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:44pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:Would you eat a dog?


if it was somebody's pet you't grabbed and shot - no

if it'd been raised for the purpose of being eaten (same as other livestock) - yes

same issue in reverse with killing your pet lamb for the sunday roast - would you be okay with that?
danose
User avatar
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby scatter on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:45pm

Conners wrote:
danose wrote:
scatter wrote:Why not?

Yum :)


exactly - it's a lot healthier than a lot of red meat (low fat) and the french consider it a delicacy

I find it funny how people get upset about eating horse, yet will quite happily eat lamb or veal

Are you saying these people are ageist and they would happily eat pony?

Pony is just a little horse, not a young horse :D

And I reckon pony would be like mutton. Tough little buggers
scatter
User avatar
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:46pm

you've missed the point of the article tho, it's not about the horse meat but the fact that it was in a pet food abattoir.
shmoodiver
User avatar
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby Conners on Tue 1/Sep/09 12:47pm

scatter wrote:
Conners wrote:
danose wrote:
scatter wrote:Why not?

Yum :)


exactly - it's a lot healthier than a lot of red meat (low fat) and the french consider it a delicacy

I find it funny how people get upset about eating horse, yet will quite happily eat lamb or veal

Are you saying these people are ageist and they would happily eat pony?

Pony is just a little horse, not a young horse :D

And I reckon pony would be like mutton. Tough little buggers

Are you for serious? Well I'll be jiggered - I've learnt something from Vorb :lol:
I stand sit corrected.

Oh yeah, I guess a young horse is a foal...
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Food | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

55 Users browsing this website: banga, cep32, DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Rik, Wobbler and 47 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit