50%
No
25%
Yes, but not horses from Waimate
25%

Total voters : 32

Re: Horse Meat: Yay Or Nay?

Postby j2hyde on Tue 1/Sep/09 6:55pm

shmoodiver wrote:you've missed the point of the article tho, it's not about the horse meat but the fact that it was in a pet food abattoir.

I think you've missed the point of vorb. Any thread worth reading is worth derailing.

Horse = yum.
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Fraser on Tue 1/Sep/09 7:04pm

Never had a problem with it, despite the jokes that the british make. More of a imperial hangover really.
Most salami here in Europe has horse meat in it. Most people have probably tried horse but never knew.
If you are worried about the 'quality' of meat then you would never eat most mince in NZ.
Put the head of a cow or pig before someone and cut off the meat from it such as the lips, ears, cheeks and run it thru a mincer they would say no.
Offer them a pie in a service station warmer.... :love: mmmmm
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Joshguy01 on Tue 1/Sep/09 7:17pm

Horse meat was one of the major sources of meat in Europe for a long time way back in time, as they were so common, possibly why the Frogs still adore them. Damn peasants :p
As for eating one myself, maybe
Joshguy01
"My psychiatrist said I'm special"
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 1/Sep/09 7:28pm

Fraser wrote:Never had a problem with it, despite the jokes that the british make. More of a imperial hangover really.
Most salami here in Europe has horse meat in it. Most people have probably tried horse but never knew.
If you are worried about the 'quality' of meat then you would never eat most mince in NZ.
Put the head of a cow or pig before someone and cut off the meat from it such as the lips, ears, cheeks and run it thru a mincer they would say no.
Offer them a pie in a service station warmer.... :love: mmmmm

you'd be pretty hard pressed to find lips ears or cheeks in mince at a supermarket, mebe at your local butcher. it's the processed foods that have all the shit in it... mechanically recovered meat byproducts
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby Tugboat on Tue 1/Sep/09 7:33pm

Mmmm... tasty. Had it a couple of times. The Tasting Room and GP in Wellington have both had it on their menu in the last few years as "cheval".
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby stealth mode on Tue 1/Sep/09 7:39pm

mmm loi hoosi :crazy:
stealth mode
"'SUCK MY COG'"
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Postby bigJIMMY on Tue 1/Sep/09 8:38pm

smoked horse sausage in sweden is delish. "hast korv" if your ever there. eat it
bigJIMMY
"DID SOMEONE SAY ICE CREAM! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby happybaboon on Tue 1/Sep/09 8:48pm

Smoked horse sausage. Smirk.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Ski on Tue 1/Sep/09 10:12pm

It's not a meal unless it had a face.

Horse, dog, they're all good with tomato sauce.

Come to think of it, if everybody just ate one person we could solve the population explosion. I like Chinese but I don't think I could eat a whole one.
Ski
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby onerahi on Wed 2/Sep/09 5:26am

horse and dog are all good but not as tasty as you pakeha fellas, mmmm Loi Honky :)
onerahi
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Food | Sifting - Latest Posts