Re: Homemade Electrolyte Drink

Postby znomit on Thu 12/Jul/12 6:55pm

R-Line wrote:Starting with Raro, it is predominantly sucrose and therefore the ratio of glucose to fructose is too low. A high fructose content can cause gastro-intestinal problems and its actually against the law in NZ and Aus to produce an electrolyte drink with too much fructose - yes, there's actually a law.

Wow thanks for that.
This raro stuff is marketed to children you know! :angry:
It must be banned!
znomit
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby Nick_K on Thu 12/Jul/12 7:02pm

znomit wrote:
R-Line wrote:Starting with Raro, it is predominantly sucrose and therefore the ratio of glucose to fructose is too low. A high fructose content can cause gastro-intestinal problems and its actually against the law in NZ and Aus to produce an electrolyte drink with too much fructose - yes, there's actually a law.

Wow thanks for that.
This raro stuff is marketed to children you know! :angry:
It must be banned!

Its like crack
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby R-Line on Sun 15/Jul/12 2:37pm

To MissChaff,

Regarding a discount, it looks like I can't add a link without a moderator removing it, or even implying it tastes like spam. Spam flavoured sports drinks? Possibly better than some stuff on the market eh!

Just do a google search using my username + electrolyte drink to find website and email, then send me a message ref. zorb. More than happy to offer a discount.

Here is another excellent free paper available on the internet regarding hydration, search for American College of Sports Medicine Roundtable on Hydration and Physical Activity - Consensus Statements. Its one of the better references out there. If you want to go even further into it, this book is available via most libraries via interloan. http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Drinks-Pra ... 0849370086
R-Line
Member for: 5 years 5 months

Postby MissChaff on Sun 15/Jul/12 3:17pm

ok thanks we will :)
MissChaff
"Delete cookies?"
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby happybaboon on Sun 15/Jul/12 3:41pm

I tried [spam] last year. It was tasty stuff, and sounded very interesting from what I read on the packet. Other people have posted links to products and not had them removed, so I figure I can do the same for a company that I have no involvement with (other than having tasted their drink)
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Health | Sifting - Latest Posts