Re: Hey Dickhead

Postby AgrAde on Thu 21/May/15 4:41pm

znomit wrote:Hard arteries kill more helmetless people than hard roads.

There are more fat kids than starving kids. Should we ignore the starving ones? Same logic?
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 21/May/15 4:45pm

What about having a hard piss?
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Thu 21/May/15 4:46pm

BAN ARTERIES!!1
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby znomit on Thu 21/May/15 6:49pm

AgrAde wrote:

There are more fat kids than starving kids. Should we ignore the starving ones? Same logic?

The fat kids wouldn't be fat if they could ride their bikes without helmets.
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Conners on Thu 21/May/15 7:00pm

Helmut debates aren't the same without Oli :(
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Farm on Thu 21/May/15 7:11pm

Conners wrote:Helmut debates aren't the same without Oli :(

I'm here for the Grognard vs Dickhead action.
Farm
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby AgrAde on Thu 21/May/15 11:21pm

Wobbler wrote:

What about having a hard piss?

I usually just wait a few minutes :sly:
AgrAde

Postby DogsBollocks on Fri 22/May/15 9:56am

barcode wrote:
DogsBollocks wrote:Some true shit

But, but, It's ok, it's safe, I'm not hurting anyone, traffic lights are just suggestions, no one cares, I'll be sweet ............... :thumbsup:

So young Toetag, regale the Vorb massive as to why you are so special. You know you want to.
DogsBollocks
"Licking my clangers in a backyard near you."
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby barcode on Fri 22/May/15 1:12pm

Please don't misquote me, you illiterate fuddyduddy.

Some general context: I am a courier, but I am not the one on the Klein. I did show him your post though - he found it strange and amusing that people are/were talking about him on the internets.

Anyway, it shouldn't take a whole bunch of empathy to put oneself in the position of a courier - what we do isn't rocket science, afterall; just logistics. People want shit to move from A to B within a defined period of time. A lot of people moving shit in different directions all at once. Fail to make the time, risk not being paid - or worse, pissing off the customer and losing their contract. Everything is stat-tracked and gps'd these days. It's a competitive industry where every company is offering essentially the same service. Numbers don't stay green, someone in Auckland starts a ball of shit rolling all the way down the hill.

Now, for an expected dose of hashtag messlife arrogance: Don't make the mistake of lumping all cyclists together. What you do and what we do is a world apart.

Make no mistake: I'm not disagreeing with you on any particular point, but merely suggesting that your opinion is priggish and your means of expression boorish. :love:
barcode
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby danose on Fri 22/May/15 2:43pm

barcode wrote:Now, for an expected dose of hashtag messlife arrogance: Don't make the mistake of lumping all cyclists together. What you do and what we do is a world apart.

ahh, bike couriers, too cool for road rules from way back :thumbsup:

glad to know you agree with us that your (minimally paid) life ain't worth shit, so it won't matter when you end up splattered all over a truck's bumper bar
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby AgrAde on Fri 22/May/15 2:56pm

danose wrote:

glad to know you agree with us that your (minimally paid) life ain't worth shit, so it won't matter when you end up splattered all over a truck's bumper bar

:lol: wow

Can't say I disagree. Sounds like being a bike courier is being a part of a race to the bottom...
AgrAde

Postby UK_Exile on Fri 22/May/15 3:26pm

danose wrote:
barcode wrote:Now, for an expected dose of hashtag messlife arrogance: Don't make the mistake of lumping all cyclists together. What you do and what we do is a world apart.

Sadly it does matter to many people. Family, witnesses, etc. Also it does matter when other law abiding cyclists and tax payers have the fund the rehab or institutional care for the helmetless non law abiding brain injured bike courier. Dickheads. Life work balance is really fu#ked up when life is risked for work.
UK_Exile
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby rachelr on Fri 22/May/15 3:50pm

barcode wrote:Please don't misquote me, you illiterate fuddyduddy.

Some general context: I am a courier, but I am not the one on the Klein. I did show him your post though - he found it strange and amusing that people are/were talking about him on the internets.

Anyway, it shouldn't take a whole bunch of empathy to put oneself in the position of a courier - what we do isn't rocket science, afterall; just logistics. People want shit to move from A to B within a defined period of time. A lot of people moving shit in different directions all at once. Fail to make the time, risk not being paid - or worse, pissing off the customer and losing their contract. Everything is stat-tracked and gps'd these days. It's a competitive industry where every company is offering essentially the same service. Numbers don't stay green, someone in Auckland starts a ball of shit rolling all the way down the hill.

Now, for an expected dose of hashtag messlife arrogance: Don't make the mistake of lumping all cyclists together. What you do and what we do is a world apart.

Make no mistake: I'm not disagreeing with you on any particular point, but merely suggesting that your opinion is priggish and your means of expression boorish. :love:

Sorry but how does any of that actually justify a courier jumping the lights, running reds and otherwise breaking the law? :blink:
Why does any of what you say make it ok for couriers to run a red light and either freak out a driver who narrowly misses killing them, or conversely train drivers to expect all cyclist to be red-light running dickheads and yes, all cyclists cos those freaked-out drivers don't note the subtleties that mark you as a courier and therefore above the humdrum rules the rest of us are expected to follow as laid out in the road code?
rachelr
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby philstar on Fri 22/May/15 4:11pm

barcode wrote: Don't make the mistake of lumping all cyclists together. What you do and what we do is a world apart.

the problem is that motorist (lumping them (including me sometimes) all together) lump cyclist all together, and when a cyclist is hit from behind on a straight piece of road with plenty of viability, motorist think " cyclists are always running red lights, and doing other dangerous things" and are therefore not outraged that for the lack of slowing down (till it is safe to pass) a truck driver killed someone. and therefore buy your actions you endanger us all, please stop. :love:
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby AgrAde on Fri 22/May/15 4:18pm

rachelr wrote:Sorry but how does any of that actually justify a courier jumping the lights, running reds and otherwise breaking the law? :blink:
Why does any of what you say make it ok for couriers to run a red light and either freak out a driver who narrowly misses killing them, or conversely train drivers to expect all cyclist to be red-light running dickheads and yes, all cyclists cos those freaked-out drivers don't note the subtleties that mark you as a courier and therefore above the humdrum rules the rest of us are expected to follow as laid out in the road code?

One dude set an unreasonable standard of delivery times by being a tosser and breaking the law. Everyone either followed the leader to remain competitive or found a different job.

Now the only people left are people like Mr. Barcode and his helmetless friend.
AgrAde

Cycle Commuting | Cycling - Latest Posts