Re: Hey Dickhead

Postby happybaboon on Thu 21/May/15 11:51am

Pretty ridiculous that you can religion your way out of a life saving device that everyone else has to wear.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby scatter on Thu 21/May/15 12:00pm

barcode wrote:
DogsBollocks wrote:Some shit

Hey grognard, shut the fuck up :thumbsup:

Direct hit?
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 21/May/15 12:05pm

scatter wrote:
barcode wrote:
DogsBollocks wrote:Some shit

Hey grognard, shut the fuck up :thumbsup:

Direct hit?

Looks like it, reel him in slow. :D
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby znomit on Thu 21/May/15 12:44pm

happybaboon wrote:Pretty ridiculous that you can religion your way out of a life saving device that everyone else has to wear.

Or is it?
znomit
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 21/May/15 12:54pm

Ridiculous? Life saving?
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 21/May/15 12:56pm

Device? Religion?
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby philstar on Thu 21/May/15 1:00pm

happybaboon wrote:Pretty ridiculous that you can religion your way out of a life saving device that everyone else has to wear.

It is pretty ridiculous that people still think helmets are life saving (note I wear one but that is because it will save me pain). Wearing a helmet on a bike is the equivalent of wearing 1 square centimeter of bullet proof vest.
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 21/May/15 1:09pm

they kinda save your brain a bit if you just fall off your bike...

but being hit by a car at 30 or more kph?? meh.

really, it's pedestrians and people in cars should be wearing helmets. Much higher stats for brain injury in those two classes eh?
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby znomit on Thu 21/May/15 1:11pm

Is their a seatbelt religion I can join?
znomit

Postby scatter on Thu 21/May/15 1:11pm

One could argue the same about the protective vest and helmet jockeys have to wear. They're certainly not going to stop you from breaking a bone if you land awkwardly (or if you have a horse land on you :huh: ) but they do provide protection for more innocuous falls and also provide some protection against flying hooves. There have been many times when I've been glad to have been wearing mine.
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby UK_Exile on Thu 21/May/15 1:12pm

philstar wrote:

It is pretty ridiculous that people still think helmets are life saving (note I wear one but that is because it will save me pain). Wearing a helmet on a bike is the equivalent of wearing 1 square centimeter of bullet proof vest.

Helmets may not always save life but do sometimes (often?). I certainly know I want to look after every square centimetre of my head a whole lot more than equiv area of my foot or hand.
UK_Exile
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 21/May/15 1:30pm

philstar wrote:

Speaking of ridiculous thats a great comparison champ

also nice units.
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby AgrAde on Thu 21/May/15 4:09pm

Traumatic brain injuries REALLY suck. And it's really easy to get a head injury that'll fuck up the rest of your life worse than any other injury. Roads are hard. So are cars. Brains don't like bouncing off the inside of your skull. Even a shit helmet arrests that bounce a lot. I don't want to feel uncomfortable visiting your vegetable ass in hospital or long term care facility if I can help it.

One of my friends has recently been laid off from work and had to reduce any real activity to only a few hours a day otherwise he just gets tired/confused/agitated. Balance is shit.

A couple of concussions is all it was. They didn't even seem that bad at the time.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby UK_Exile on Thu 21/May/15 4:22pm

Watch the jelly brains in shopping trolleys in this video https://www.tvnz.co.nz/ondemand/nigel-l ... -episode-4
All it takes is some egg crates (or energy absorbing bike helmets) to make a big difference. They won't help all the time but they help even once that's enough
UK_Exile
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby znomit on Thu 21/May/15 4:25pm

Hard arteries kill more helmetless people than hard roads.
znomit

Cycle Commuting | Cycling - Latest Posts