Re: Help! Letters Of Support Needed!

Postby thekiwi on Fri 28/Aug/09 3:05pm

Well the Mayor has forwarded it on:

Thank you Craig,

I will forward your concerns onto the Tauranga City Council Councillor representatives on the TECT All Terrain Park for their consideration.

Regards

Stuart Crosby
Mayor
thekiwi
"A bad day of riding beats a good day at the office"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Fri 28/Aug/09 5:25pm

Thanks for the support :thumbsup:
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Barks on Sat 29/Aug/09 6:38pm

Okay, a little update for those of you curious about the situation:

The club had two representatives go to the Park user group meeting this week.

I'm still waiting for an e-mail from Marty to confirm this, but indications are that the decision has been reversed reviewed and MTB Tauranga areback in the planning seat for the non-noisy area of the park having their concerns listened to :)

Thank you to all those that e-mailed me with letters of support, or made submissions to people in the Tauranga City or Western Bay of Plenty District Council, your support is VERY much appreciated, and not only shows the management committee the level of support nationwide for the project, but also gives the club's development committee a lift in morale to know that so many people out there are looking forward to having the park open and available to ride.

Obviously this is not the 'Final and absolute' word on this, but we are very optimistic that we will be able to continue full speed with the project as it stands, and we are determined to create the best facility we possibly can.

Edited so as not to mislead on the situation - full update below.
Last edited by Barks on Sat 29/Aug/09 9:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barks
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby dented on Sat 29/Aug/09 7:08pm

Wow, speechless. :thumbsup:
dented
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Sat 29/Aug/09 7:11pm

w00t! :thumbsup:
great work, and thanks to all of those who wrote in submissions and emails in support :)
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby SlackBoy on Sat 29/Aug/09 7:22pm

ryda wrote:
Datsane wrote:MXers run in the same way but they'll just flip you the middle finger and ride were ever they want to while you aren't looking.
and you won the stereotype fail of the week award
Dirty MXér
SlackBoy
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby Barks on Sat 29/Aug/09 9:03pm

Okay, HERE is the official situation, directly from Marty:

Hello everyone

It has been quite a week, here is how it stands at the moment.

No final decision has been made by the council on the area ear marked for non-motorised in the park, which is a good start, they plan to have a decision settled in the next 4 weeks.

There has been a serious attempt by the other clubs(motocross and 4wd) to 'take over' the non-motorised area of the park.

The other clubs approached the council about this and the council team allowed them to take a look over the non-motorised area of the park.

We have made it very clear that the lack of communication exhibited by the council team leaders regarding this is unacceptable.

Support over the next 4 weeks will be critical to our securing the area of the park we have been planning on and working towards for the last 2 years.

There are some positive elements to how this is panning out,
We have been made aware that there are significant Iwi issues relating to the non-motorised area of the park and that the Iwi are not very happy about anything motorised being in that area.
This area is surrounded by a lot of DOC land, they are not too keen of the idea of motorised units being able to access their native areas.
The other non-motorised user groups are very unhappy about this turn of events just like us.

We are quite positive that this issue will be resolved in our favor in due course, we had a very fruitful user group meeting on thursday night, with the council team very receptive to our concerns.

So where to from here?

We are organising a non-motorised user group meeting for the next week so that we can come at the council as a combined force, there are around 15 other user groups we are getting in contact with.

We are finish off the mapping and management plans over the next two weeks.

We are meeting with the council in the next 2 weeks to put our plans and concerns across in conjunction with the other non-motorised user groups.

So please keep sending in the letters of support we are compiling them and adding them to our submission, the support has been great.

thanks again for your support

Marty
Barks
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby manton on Sun 30/Aug/09 10:37am

quote][/ryda wrote:
is there a Motorcross park like taupo's "Digger McEwen Park" in/near tauranga ?[quote]

yeah, just as a reference point, last time i checked up ohauiti there was a mx park called 'Maddix park' rowe rd

im pretty sure its still there, more of a mx track than a trail hub though...

i mean, i dont mind either way, i ride both moterised and non moterised bikes
forgive me father, for i have sinned
manton
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Datsane on Tue 1/Sep/09 4:49pm

Good news

Don't sound so shocked Dents councils aren't that dirty or underhanded :paranoid:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby dented on Tue 1/Sep/09 6:19pm

Meh, Im sick of the BS dealing with council. I have lost faith and not prepared to be involved in the project any longer.

Just my own feelings.
dented
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby fatwombat on Thu 17/Sep/09 12:36am

That's great that the local iwi is potentially there to back you up, maybe you can redefine MTB as a taonga with symbolic connections to the human-powered waka which were so instrumental in spreading the culture of each iwi throughout this whenua. Maybe someone in the local mosque could issue a fatwa declaring that motorised sport contributes to the needless destruction of trees which is expressly forbidden in the Noble Qu'ran? Maybe you could get Winston Peters and Bob the Builder to go head to head in a MTB race to promote the idea that MTB-sport builds harmonious reconciliation? We had that down in Wellington where Trevor Mallard (Lab) and Stephen Franks (Nat) both did the Karapoti, if we hadn't let them in they might have handed the entire Akatarawa over to motocross.

Seriously, it's a real bummer when political cronyism takes over, the point I'm trying to make (in my smartarse way) is that if they've already bypassed the legal process then you need to have an extra-judicial lever of your own, these are examples of extra-judicial levers that stop short of kidnapping and reprisal executions.

Good luck and God give you wisdom to be "as cunning as serpents and as harmless as doves" in order to get justice on this.
fatwombat
"Our planet is the mental institution of the universe. - Goethe"
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Bay of Plenty | Cycling | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | News | Regions | Tauranga | Trail Building - Latest Posts