Postby nz_kgb on Mon 22/Dec/08 10:58pm

Another Crank picture - realised you are wanting to see the pedal spindle after reading the message again!

Cheers, K
Crank 2.JPG
Close up of spindle/pedal
nz_kgb
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby nz_kgb on Mon 22/Dec/08 11:01pm

Spokes wrote: Oh, love those brake shoes.

Makes me wish I had a road bike... hahahahaha - Nah, gotta say I like rolling with a decent sized metal rotor to stop me :)
nz_kgb

Postby Spokes on Mon 22/Dec/08 11:04pm

Yup those are the big spindle model. Hopefully a little gold mine you have there.

Might I suggest selling on E-bay? You may get better money for it. I buy and sell some old gear (not road stuff) and you get better prices in the US and the exchange rate is good for it to.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Spokes on Mon 22/Dec/08 11:08pm

And going by the date code on the cranks, the bikes a 1980 model.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Postby nz_kgb on Mon 22/Dec/08 11:41pm

Thanks Spokes - that is great news! Not sure how to go about shipping something like this overseas but will have to look into it!

Cheers, K
nz_kgb

Postby Spokes on Mon 22/Dec/08 11:43pm

If you are in Auck, We would be happy to pack it up for you.

Let me know if we can help.
Spokes

Postby Oli on Tue 23/Dec/08 12:00am

Dura-Ace AX cranks and pedals, alright. And Dura-Ace EX brakes. This bike is in good shape, and as Danose said it could be worth quite a bit of money to the right buyer
Oli
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby nz_kgb on Tue 23/Dec/08 1:29pm

Thanks for the info guys - I think the best thing is to post it on trademe with a reserve of $800 and see if we can't keep it here in NZ - overseas shipping is a hassle I am not sure we need to go through. I am thinking if we trademe it with the relevant details, it might go to a good home here in NZ.

I bought the Giant today as well - like the idea of being able to jump on a road bike for a quick spin of the legs (and good trainng bike too) so it will suit me down to the ground. Also, it is nice to have a bike to remember Stephen by too :)

Once again, thanks heaps for all the help, I sent a link to this forum to Stephen's wife and she was most impressed with the information you guys provided.

Cheers, K
nz_kgb

Postby Oli on Tue 23/Dec/08 3:28pm

Spokes wrote: And going by the date code on the cranks, the bikes a 1980 model.

Is the 'EA' the date code?

Those pads are "Kool Pads", I think.

nz_kgb, I'd love to see a picture of the dérailleurs - any chance? Cheers, Oli :)
Oli
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby Spokes on Tue 23/Dec/08 3:41pm

Oli wrote:

nz_kgb, I'd love to see a picture of the dérailleurs - any chance? Cheers, Oli :)

EA looks to be the date code to me. You can buy those pads in the US. They are Cool Stops. They started out as a BMX thing, and a company called Skyway that rebrand them for there Tuff wheels.

Its an intresting old bike for sure.
Spokes

Postby nz_kgb on Wed 24/Dec/08 9:34pm

Oli wrote:

I have dropped the bike back to his wife but will get some pics up of the derailluers after xmas - more than happy to do that :)

Certianly sounds like this bike is going to be an interesting buy for someone - would love to get it to a home that will appreciate it :)
nz_kgb

Re: Help To Establish Value Of Two Road Bikes Needed!!!

Postby nz_kgb on Tue 10/Feb/09 11:01pm

Hey there guys and gals

This bike is now on TradeMe for sale at
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Cycling ... 958031.htm

There have been a couple of changes made as per the info there to return it to the original state that it was purchased in.

Hope the bidding goes as well as we hoped :)

Cheers,

K
nz_kgb

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts