Re: I Have Swine Flu

Postby scatter on Tue 21/Jul/09 3:01pm

Sheesh, you're a bit behind the times! :p

Oh yeah. And if you want to supress your cough.......dark chocolate has a higher anti-tussive efficacy than any of the OTC cough meds :D
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 21/Jul/09 3:02pm

robitussin!!!!11
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby happybaboon on Tue 21/Jul/09 3:04pm

scatter wrote:Sheesh, you're a bit behind the times! :p

Oh yeah. And if you want to supress your cough.......dark chocolate has a higher anti-tussive efficacy than any of the OTC cough meds :D

It's probably not a great idea to suppress a productive cough... Thats just asking for the bacteria to take up residency in all the goo. Benadryl thins the mucous sufficiently, so I cough a bit, but it's not big chunks that come out.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby scatter on Tue 21/Jul/09 3:43pm

happybaboon wrote:
scatter wrote:Sheesh, you're a bit behind the times! :p

It's probably not a great idea to suppress a productive cough... Thats just asking for the bacteria to take up residency in all the goo. Benadryl thins the mucous sufficiently, so I cough a bit, but it's not big chunks that come out.

I know that. I was just saying :rolleyes:
(found the paper when I was home sick with bronchitis two weeks ago whilst pretending to work :D )
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby DropKick on Tue 21/Jul/09 4:41pm

Wobbler wrote:
happybaboon wrote:I have the swine flu (probably, 'cos I've got a flu and I've had a flu shot which should protect me from the other strains going around). So far it sucks, two days in and I'm aching all over, got a slight temperature (though not as high as I expected - 38.2, but it might be higher than that 'cos I took my temp under my armpit because the thermometer I used is the one that I stick up animals bums... So I didn't really want it in my mouth/bunghole).

I have a productive cough, but benardyl has pretty much got that covered. Epic headache. And a bit of a tummy ouchie. Sleeping is difficult, and I have VERY odd dreams. More like hallucinations than dreams.

Nah it's probably just aids.

PJP much?
DropKick
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby j2hyde on Tue 21/Jul/09 5:54pm

Hey that diagnosis is almost as thorough as the one you get when you ring up the local medical center and the nurse tries to palm you off because the DHB are to cheap to employ enough proper doctors!
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Health | Sifting - Latest Posts